Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Yet another Simulator release  (Read 2281 times)

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
Yet another Simulator release
« on: August 24, 2011, 05:59:28 pm »

Here’s another small release to quickly fix a few bugs and add some cool things:

- the copy/paste bug that occured after deleting a bot is gone
    - the temporary files of the game logs will be deleted when you close the simulator (you might want to check your default temporary directory because it’s probably filled up with a bunch of game logs)
    - added some heuristics for Shanty Town
    - improved Courtyard a little by letting it put useless terminal actions back on the deck
    - modified Bishop and Chapel slightly to enable “the Golden Deck” (NGN – The Golden Deck)
    - and finally I added a cute bot that gains 1000 VP in 13 turns (it’s HUMONGOUS)

Download it here

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another Simulator release
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:05:43 am »

Nice, ty.

This Golden Deck bot seems to be really strong indeed.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 03:22:38 am »

Thanks.

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:30:41 pm »

Thanks for the frequent updates!

However, the golden deck bot doesn't really work right. It has a couple problems:
1. On a 5-card deck of [bishop, silver, silver, copper, chapel] it trashes the copper to buy silver instead of chapel to buy gold. I know this is because trashing priority of copper is higher, and I don't know if you think it's not worth making special cases for stuff like this.
2. It completely chokes vs another strategy with bishop. On that same 5-card deck, it trashes the copper on the opponents turn, then trashes the chapel to buy silver and keeps trashing silver to buy silver, getting stuck on the not-so-golden deck of [bishop, silver, silver, silver] forever. I suppose some fix to the trashing on your opponents turn is in order (at least don't trash if your deck has <= 5 cards maybe?)

Geronimoo

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +868
    • View Profile
    • Geronimoo's Dominion Simulator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 04:06:57 am »

Yes, I knew about those problems with the Golden Deck, but I decided to not touch the Bishop card implementation anymore in light of the KISS principle. The code for Bishop now fits on one screen and works fine.
If I find a fix that is simple and will not interfere with how the card should be played in normal decks I'll put it in.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 21 queries.