Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: What's your username mean  (Read 28819 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
  • Respect: +3388
    • View Profile
Re: What's your username mean
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 01:32:17 am »
+9

Mine is basically my name, which is Robby. My little brother (well, he's 20) always called me Robs, but the "z" gives me more credibility on the streets. The "8s" are the truly neat part, though; my birth date is 8-8-88.

I blogged under "Robz888" on a fan site for the TV show "Lost." (The wesbite was darkufo.blogspot.com, and has become an excellent general TV forum called SpoilerTV.) Eventually, this just became my nickname for forums in general.

Nice thread, by the way!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
  • Respect: +932
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 01:38:24 am »
+1

I came up with it in about 10 years ago (in marching band nonetheless) and have used it ever since. I pronounce it "shnoo", though I'm sure many of you pronounce it in your head "shnow" (rhymes with snow).

I just saw a bunch of vowels and pronounced it like schn+ow. As in ouch. And now that I look back at it that pronunciation just makes no sense whatsoever. XD

Mine is a mashup of my first and last names, and a nickname that a friend gave me in high school. Sometimes I'll go by Diesel instead. I think I tried that on isotropic but the name was already taken. :'(
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 01:46:55 am »
+2

Mine is basically my name, which is Robby. My little brother (well, he's 20) always called me Robs, but the "z" gives me more credibility on the streets. The "8s" are the truly neat part, though; my birth date is 8-8-88.

I blogged under "Robz888" on a fan site for the TV show "Lost." (The wesbite was darkufo.blogspot.com, and has become an excellent general TV forum called SpoilerTV.) Eventually, this just became my nickname for forums in general.

Nice thread, by the way!

+1 for Lost.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
  • Respect: +235
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 06:18:04 am »
+3

K V

the initials of my favorite cereal as a kid, King Vitaman.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Wizard of Woz

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 08:38:16 am »
+1

My last name is Wozniak, and often went by Woz.  Just thought it was clever in Jr. High (along with "The Wozman Cometh") anyway, it stuck.  Now I use it everywhere.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 08:47:21 am »
+2

My last name is Wozniak, and often went by Woz.  Just thought it was clever in Jr. High (along with "The Wozman Cometh") anyway, it stuck.  Now I use it everywhere.
Hi Steve. Can I offer you an orange?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

PenPen

• Thief
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 08:48:22 am »
+1

Nick Young is the most baller basketball player to ever grace the earth. It's been said that some scientists study cloning solely to create more Nick Youngs [citation needed]. He played on the Washington Wizards until last season. I am a Washingtonian.

My name's not Nick, and I am not particularly young.

I had a hunch that it's got something to do with Nick Young. I'm a Clippers fan and his swagness helped in the playoffs last season!

My nickname was originally called penguin35, because when I joined a forum almost a decade ago I would think that "Penguin" was taken, and my favorite number is 35, so I combined both (and a stupid reason on thinking there would be 34 other penguins before me in that forum). I had an unnatural affinity to penguins.

Few years have passed and that forum moved to another system so I got a chance to change my nickname. I changed it to "PenPen" because it's easier to remember, mostly. That had nothing to do with the Eva anime though - most people asked if I was referring to that but I nicknamed PenPen prior to knowing about that particular penguin.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 08:55:37 am »
+4

-Snip-
The "8s" are the truly neat part, though; my birth date is 8-8-88.
It is a neat date. We chose our wedding date (8-8-80) specifically so that 8-8-88 would be our 8th anniversary.

(Cue spooky Twilight Zone music.)
Posting begets posting.

-Stef-

• 2012 & 2016 DS Champion
  • Respect: +4419
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 10:35:37 am »
+12

My actual name is Stef, and that's also the username I wanted.

Then I found out isotropic gives you two free levels on the leaderboard if you add dashes around your name, so I changed it to -Stef-
Join the Dominion League!

Dubdubdubdub

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 11:26:54 am »
+1

Back in high school, I wanted to sound as dramatic as I could - best I could manage was in_dubio. That stuck for years, until it started to annoy me. I started using Dub in local video games, but that was either too short or taken on any forum. So Dub became DubDub.

etc.

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +949
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 11:38:18 am »
+1

(and a stupid reason on thinking there would be 34 other penguins before me in that forum).

When I was a wee lad getting my first AIM account, I literally thought that anyone who had a number after their username was chronologically the Xth person to have that name. So if you were "SportsFan335" that meant there were exactly 334 SportsFans before you.  At some point I realized that people chose the numbers for other reasons.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3668
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 12:12:57 pm »
+3

(and a stupid reason on thinking there would be 34 other penguins before me in that forum).

When I was a wee lad getting my first AIM account, I literally thought that anyone who had a number after their username was chronologically the Xth person to have that name. So if you were "SportsFan335" that meant there were exactly 334 SportsFans before you.  At some point I realized that people chose the numbers for other reasons.

When I was a wee lad making an AIM account, I literally thought you had to have numbers at the end. That's where the 26 came from.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 01:14:07 pm »
+3

My actual name is Stef, and that's also the username I wanted.

Then I found out isotropic gives you two free levels on the leaderboard if you add dashes around your name, so I changed it to -Stef-
I'm tempted to use that methodology.  It would get me to level 2.
Posting begets posting.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 07:10:26 pm »
+1

Mine is boring - just first name and middle and last initials.

I recently joined chess.com, and wanted a new, more interesting name but couldn't think of anything. I'm a CS student, an in my PLs course we talk about semantics a lot, and in thinking about how I was unable to come up with an interesting name that meant something, it came to me: semanticVacancy. That'll probably be my name on goko when I eventually decide to get set up over there.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 09:16:07 pm »
+1

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 11:02:22 pm »
+1

I'm still waiting on a Night Action if you guys are wondering why BMV is stalled. I won't say whose, but it starts with an O ... and ends with an O. And it's the same O.

Wouldn't it be funny if we all met in real life? I picture O as so fundamentally O-like. And Jo, you are the onah, not just any onah.

What if Galzria's real name was Kevin or something? Just wouldn't fit...

Namefishing? Stop speculating about irl setup. Vote: Robz

Hey, some of us role claim our names right off the bat... by using our actual names!
I have claimed ~70% of my first name too! (Eevee -> Eevert. Yeah it's a weird name.)
That + it's a cool pokemon thingie, double meanings yay.

Saucery

• Thief
  • Respect: +82
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 07:34:59 am »
+2

I enjoy magic (in games and theatre) and condiments (in all foods). And it's not a name i see very often if at all.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 08:54:46 am »
+3

I enjoy magic (in games and theatre) and condiments (in all foods). And it's not a name i see very often if at all.

If you aren't familiar with Kingdom of Loathing, you should check it out. I think your username will fit in just fine over there.
A man has no signature

Brando Commando

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 11:04:05 am »
+1

My name is Brando(n), and I go commando.

I feel like my username is unusually transparent.

Edit: I haven't used this on isotropic in several months, mostly out of boredom. Instead, I just make up new puns based on Dominion card names.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:05:19 am by Brando Commando »

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6121
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2012, 12:12:23 pm »
+2

TMI

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2012, 12:15:34 pm »

If you aren't familiar with Kingdom of Loathing, you should check it out. I think your username will fit in just fine over there.
I think his username is definitely taken over there.

Mine is just a rewording of my name: Dave.
It's been with me since my teens when I needed a cool name and not being very creative, I just made it sound Italian.
My friends started calling me this and it stuck.

Got my name pretty much the same way.  Needed a username for Battlefield 1942 LANing and my friend suggested Axle.  It eventually turned into Axxle when I got tired of the association with car axles.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Brando Commando

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +112
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2012, 12:27:36 pm »
+2

My name is Brando(n), and I go commando.

I feel like my username is unusually transparent.

Edit: I haven't used this on isotropic in several months, mostly out of boredom. Instead, I just make up new puns based on Dominion card names.

For those of you wondering (and hoping)...this was no actually the reason I am "Brando Commando." But somebody asked me this once and I thought it was better than the truth, which is that "Commando" rhymes with "Brando" and that's all there is to it.

papaHav

• Navigator
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2012, 06:55:20 pm »
+2

When playing Teamfortress 1 on terrible resolution (320x240 or something), the screen was too small to fit all our capture-the-flag comms... so my team decided to make all our names 3 letters.
Havoc the demoman was shorted to Hav.

Added the papa when I started feeling the name was too childish ;)

Arya Stark

• Navigator
  • the things i do for dominion.....
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2012, 07:36:22 pm »
+2

Means badass~ just finished reading got when i started playing on iso, first game ever really played online

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2012, 08:32:49 pm »
+1

My username is also my name.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.