Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: iOS / Android games  (Read 19839 times)

Nevermind

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
Re: iOS / Android games
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2014, 09:51:32 am »

Hmmm. Nice choices, but I prefer Battle Supremacy and anything sky gamblers. Also like 2048, but it's quite frustrating. Bloons TD5 is pretty neat as well.

SK

• Baron
  • Respect: +39
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2014, 10:21:22 am »

How has minecraft not been mentioned here?
And Injustice: Gods Among Us is easily the best game on my iPad.

Nevermind

• Bishop
  • Respect: +77
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2014, 04:16:39 pm »
+1

Because at least one of us doesn't like minecraft.

StrongRhino

• Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: StrongRhino
  • Respect: +247
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2014, 10:08:14 pm »

Yeah MCPE is better than the console versions now, infinite worlds.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
  • Respect: +7861
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2014, 11:25:13 am »

I picked up Final Fantasy IV: The After Years from the Play store and started it.  Basically more FFIV, so seems fun.  I also had to buy Secret of Mana because nostalgia.  They've released quite a bit of FF games, all of I-VI so far, plus some peripherals (a new Final Fantasy Dimensions, which I haven't tried yet).  They're also putting out Dragon Quest games.  Looks like they have I-IV + VIII.  I never really spent any time playing the originals; not sure if I'll go for these or not.  Also Chaos Rings.. I had started playing the first one back when I got an iPod Touch some time ago, but then I switched to Android and gave that away, so I never finished the game.  It was fun, though, and there are a few games on that series.

Anyway, Square has a lot of stuff now.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2014, 11:28:09 am »

In regards to controls, though, I'm not the biggest fan of their unbound direction pad.  Wherever you touch and hold the screen, a direction pad appears, and you slide a direction to move that way.  I guess it can be convenient that you can hold the device in different ways, but sometimes it can be difficult to move certain directions or control finer movements.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 11, 2014, 02:03:23 pm »

Oh hey, just when I was thinking of mentioning this, have any of you played Geometry Dash?  It's basically a rhythm game where you're moving through a course and have to dodge obstacles.  It gets really hard later on.  I'm on Clutterfunk right now.  I've gotten to 86% in it, I think?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 11, 2014, 09:55:42 pm »

Fiz.

If you like tycoon style games even a little bit, it's a must play.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 11, 2014, 10:26:33 pm »

Not a game, but I recently stumbled upon an app called Chwazi which is a nice little "choose a random person" app.  Good for selecting a first player.  It can also split people into teams.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2014, 12:13:56 am »

Final Fantasy Dimensions is awesome, if you are into old school JRPGs (you should be).

I loved it, and got close to the end playing it on my phone, but…it's effectively two full-length Final Fantasy games put together. Meaning it's about twice as long as it should be. It outstayed its welcome a bit.

If you have an iPad or even an iPhone, Ghost Trick is an amazing game. You can get the first part of it for free, then pay for the rest if you like it. One piece of advice: play it with the sound on.

I loved it as well, and played until I could auto-battle every boss in the game (including all "levels" of the optional three). What bothered me wasn't so much that it was "effectively two RPG's in one", as it's actual length felt just right to me. It's that, as is demonstrated by my commitment to get to the "ultimate power level", I love super powering my teams. Having to do so twice at every stage of the game drove me nuts. I leveled and leveled and leveled, finished a story arc... and was right back to where I started.

Once everything came together and I could choose and stick with one team, it became immensely better for my tastes.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

rrenaud

• Administrator
  • Uncivilized Barbarian of Statistics
  • Respect: +1197
    • View Profile
    • CouncilRoom
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2014, 10:43:51 am »

Sentinels of the Multiverse is on android/iOS now.  The card game is very good, and the tablet implementation is pretty nice.  I highly recommend it.

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
  • Respect: +2706
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2014, 12:22:06 pm »
+1

Oh hey, just when I was thinking of mentioning this, have any of you played Geometry Dash?  It's basically a rhythm game where you're moving through a course and have to dodge obstacles.  It gets really hard later on.  I'm on Clutterfunk right now.  I've gotten to 86% in it, I think?

I beat that level!
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
  • Respect: +3838
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2014, 01:10:11 pm »

I beat that level!

... why would anyone inflict this to themselves?

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't get I Wanna Be The Guy, maybe the two are correlated.
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10721
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2014, 01:36:48 pm »

I picked up Final Fantasy IV: The After Years from the Play store and started it.  Basically more FFIV, so seems fun.  I also had to buy Secret of Mana because nostalgia.  They've released quite a bit of FF games, all of I-VI so far, plus some peripherals (a new Final Fantasy Dimensions, which I haven't tried yet).  They're also putting out Dragon Quest games.  Looks like they have I-IV + VIII.  I never really spent any time playing the originals; not sure if I'll go for these or not.  Also Chaos Rings.. I had started playing the first one back when I got an iPod Touch some time ago, but then I switched to Android and gave that away, so I never finished the game.  It was fun, though, and there are a few games on that series.

Dragon Quest II crashes constantly for me. They still haven't fixed it. As far as I can tell, Dragon Quest III isn't out yet. They're great versions of I and IV, though! Dragon Quest IV on iOS even has party chat, which they took out of the North American DS version.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2014, 01:48:35 pm »

Dragon Quest II crashes constantly for me. They still haven't fixed it. As far as I can tell, Dragon Quest III isn't out yet. They're great versions of I and IV, though! Dragon Quest IV on iOS even has party chat, which they took out of the North American DS version.

Looks like I, II, IV, and VIII for Android.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1965
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2014, 01:13:04 am »

They're also putting out Dragon Quest games.  Looks like they have I-IV + VIII.
WAAAAAAAAT!!! I loved those games. I think the first Dragon Warrior (Quest now) was the first RPG game I ever played and it's still my favorite genre. And I think I probably put more time into VII than any other single player game.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 21 queries.