Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Adventure mode in desperate need of rehaul  (Read 23097 times)

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode in desperate need of rehaul
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 02:51:19 am »

Again, this is all going to be fixed, I have put in the work there, and I recommend not playing the adventures until this happens.
Goko announced changes to Base & Intrigue level 2 and 3 adventures - are those the changes you talked about, or should we wait for some more?

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25709
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 04:46:30 am »
+1

Again, this is all going to be fixed, I have put in the work there, and I recommend not playing the adventures until this happens.
Goko announced changes to Base & Intrigue level 2 and 3 adventures - are those the changes you talked about, or should we wait for some more?
I didn't hear this announcement, and looking at the adventures, they are not what I am expecting. So I guess this is a temporary fix.

Lashof

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 09:17:39 am »

Where are you seeing these announcements?  Do they have some kind of blog?

hsiale

• Duke
  • Respect: +244
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 09:20:57 am »

https://getsatisfaction.com/goko - this is their support page - you can report bugs, ask questions etc. They are quite active there. Updates about recent site changes are also posted there from time to time - this is the latest one: https://getsatisfaction.com/goko/topics/recent_updates-5p75v

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 09:38:58 am »
+3

I didn't hear this announcement, and looking at the adventures, they are not what I am expecting. So I guess this is a temporary fix.

From the getsatisfaction notes:

Changed Intrigue and Base Adventure 2 & 3 difficulty. (Please play and let us know what you think.)

Why ask customers to test a temporary fix?  This is like some bizarro world.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 10:06:16 am »
+1

Changed Intrigue and Base Adventure 2 & 3 difficulty. (Please play and let us know what you think.)

Open.  Beta.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 10:13:26 am »
+13

Hey guys remember three months ago when this product was good enough for launch?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 10:16:06 am »
+1

Open.  Beta.

I hear you, but if they know that other MAJOR changes are coming, why bother collecting feedback on adventure difficulty? 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

LastFootnote

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: LastFootnote
  • Respect: +10722
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 10:49:08 am »

I appreciate this change; it makes adventures more doable. However, this latest update also seems to be making my Chrome crash, so I can't really enjoy it.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 03:15:57 pm »

Seems like the difficulty went way down as opposed to still being challenging but not stupidly so.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 03:43:48 pm »
+2

I appreciate this change; it makes adventures more doable. However, this latest update also seems to be making my Chrome crash, so I can't really enjoy it.
Confirm, I never had it crash before, but now it has crashed Chrome on me.

Bill The Cat

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +62
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 10:40:48 pm »
+7

After waiting a long time after the initial launch disaster, I gave Goko Dominion another shot.  In adventure mode, it crashed like clockwork every other game, from Chrome on a solid desktop.  The last game before I rubbed my eyes and exited the study dealt me an initial hand with all the treasure values blank. 

Dominion is one of the best games ever made.  However, what is going to happen when people that have not been pre-addicted try this game out?  They are going to give it a shot, realize its designed to some kind of high school level and is basically unplayable, and that's that.  Customer is gone.  Player base is gone.  And if the casuals walk, who will Goko ever get?  I get a sense that all you pros aren't exactly impressed either.

I know its technically a beta.  But how long does it take to work the bugs out of a product that was deemed ready for launch in August by a conference room of real live business people?  Come on, what on earth has happened?  Why does the game design (music, avatars; hot damn, the avatars) feel so insanely amateurish and third-world-subcontracted?  This is just so dang sad considering the excellence of the game.

I'm sorry, I guess that's a rant.  But you try to play on Goko and journal your feelings.  It's just wrong.

pinkymadigan

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +185
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2012, 11:40:53 am »
+1

I know its technically a beta.

I can't stand this. If it's a beta there should be an open refund policy at the very least. You can fool yourself all you want, but if they are taking your money, I'm not calling it a beta. I'm calling it desperation.

Brane

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +28
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2012, 06:35:28 am »

Can someone please tell me what the exact changes are?

Cause I still see stupidly imba decks, those dastardly zaps and creepy-eyed avatars which do to my desire to play Dominion roughly what the sight of Oprah in a swimsuit does to my sex life. :)

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 07:18:47 am »

The difficulty is reasonable. Until game 20, you now have a chance against every opponent with just the starting Zaps, on all three adventures.

It seems they've changed all but the first few games in Acts 2+3 to be the same as Act 1, so, there's a big leap up at game 13 when your opponents suddenly have 3 Silver to start with, but otherwise, it's now very playable.
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 12:34:00 pm »
+1

Currently, I cannot load an Adventures game.  Single- and Multi-player games load fine, and I can go to the Adventures map, select a mission, and go to the Zaps page, but the game itself does not load.  It just gives me a black screen.  I'm on Chrome, and I've only tried Dark Ages adventures.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2012, 07:00:35 pm »

Currently, I cannot load an Adventures game.  Single- and Multi-player games load fine, and I can go to the Adventures map, select a mission, and go to the Zaps page, but the game itself does not load.  It just gives me a black screen.  I'm on Chrome, and I've only tried Dark Ages adventures.
I have Chrome, and this minute successfully started a campaign Dark Ages act 3 game.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.