Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Optimization  (Read 973 times)

Dubdubdubdub

• Golem
  • Respect: +124
    • View Profile
Optimization
« on: October 22, 2012, 08:17:30 am »

I saw a simple little Alchemy set before me: http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/22/game-20121022-051116-22b5bcef.html
Decided to dip straight into double potion to Transmute into Vineyards. I was uncontested there, so I felt good; especially since Great Hall was there for a perfect third pile. 
But after a quick started, I slowed down too much. He upgraded his Pirate Ships to $6 and kill one of my potions (very glad I bought two) and raked in 2 double province turns.

I managed to win with a lucky courtyard, picking up my potion just in time. What could I have done better? I bought lots of coppers to fuel my Transmutes - mistake against his PS's?

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
Re: Optimization
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 10:00:12 am »
+1

If you're going for a Vineyards strategy it may be better to open Remake to both trim your deck by trashing Coppers and gain 3 Great Halls through trashing Estates.

I would be wary of Transmute here since Duchies, Transmutes or Golds aren't going to do much for you.
If you keep it simple with Apothecaries, Bazaars and other useful cards like Great Hall and Woodcutter he will run out of Pirate Ship fodder pretty fast.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

HiveMindEmulator

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2118
    • View Profile
Re: Optimization
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 01:18:50 pm »

Buying Copper seems like a bad idea against a Pirate. You'd probably be better off trying to get your money from Bazaars and Woodcutters.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 20 queries.