Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Minion + Bishop  (Read 9318 times)

SuperCoolMoss

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Minion + Bishop
« on: August 23, 2011, 09:51:27 am »

Use initial Minions for money, and the last Minion in your hand to search for and play Bishop consisently to trash Coppers, Estates etc. and purchase additional Minions. This concentrates the Minions in your deck, and reduces the downside of Bishop slightly if the opponent only has four cards to choose from when deciding whether to trash a card. Finish by purchasing Provinces, and Bishoping excess Minions if viable.

SCM 

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
Re: Minion + Bishop
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:55:47 am »

It's decent but i like it more with Moneylender (gives you more buying power during trashing) and especially Salvager, which provides an important +buy and is really strong in the endgame.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:56:17 am »

Articles

Full-length strategy articles. Good articles will be promoted to the blog front page.

Emphasis mine.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:11:20 am »

I'd say that the issue here is the trade off between deck construction and bishop victory points. The trashing is going to benefit both players as they try to construct a minion deck or any other type of deck. If the bishop player loses the minions race 6/4, will it matter or will it result in a large loss of green card points? As usual it all rests on the other kingdom cards. With grand markets in the kingdom, a player who takes a lead in early minion development can power ahead, accelerate through the grand markets, and is likely to out-purchase any bishop points in the end game.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.