Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Favorite Webcomics  (Read 9003 times)

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Webcomics
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 10:38:14 am »

Man, I've been so out of webcomics for a while.

I did follow along Something Positive for a while. I'm actually surprised to not see it on here more often. It's geeky, but it's also snarky and jaded. If you read the first comic and enjoy it, then the rest of the series should appeal to you. If you don't like the first comic, well, the rest isn't necessarily as crude as that, but maybe you're not into meanness.

I also enjoyed Order of the Stick, but I think you pretty much have to be a role-player to appreciate that comic, especially D&D.

Nodwick was a lot of fun to read. It's also an RPG-themed comic.

If you're not into RPGs, PVPOnline might be your cup of tea. It mostly dealt with online gaming, but there were still stories focusing on other facets of geekery.

I read Ghastley for a little bit. It's not so much that it's good, but it's bizarre and offensive. It pokes fun at most everything, especially things in Otaku culture. Also, there's plenty of blasphemy to go around.

I also enjoyed the Parking Lot Is Full. A lot of it was just wacky bizarre shit that didn't exactly work, but when it did work, it was lovely. I believe that series has ended.

I no longer keep up with webcomics, so I can't say anything about the quality of those nowadays or if they're even still being updated.
A man has no signature

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 11:26:37 am »

I can't believe I left OOTS off my list! One of my all time favorites!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 05:51:19 pm »

Buttersafe and SMBC are by far my two current favorites.  I still read Dr. McNinja, Questionable Content, and XKCD, but they've all slipped in quality over time and I may give them up at some point.  I feel like I ought to regularly read Kate Beaton, Dinosaur Comics and A Softer World, but only look at them occasionally.

There are others I used to read, but no longer.  The two worth mentioning, because they stopped updating rather than me losing interest, were Perry Bible Fellowship and Nobody Scores!
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 06:02:12 pm »
+1

Nobody Scores! was great.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 06:47:09 pm »

I feel like I ought to regularly read Kate Beaton, Dinosaur Comics and A Softer World, but only look at them occasionally.

a softer world! second only to dinosaur comics in my book. totally worth your time, especially because they are so short.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

papaHav

• Navigator
  • Respect: +24
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2012, 06:57:02 pm »

1. Oots
2. Buttersafe / xkcd / penny arcade etc.

michaeljb

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2012, 10:34:40 pm »

For a great story-driven comic of epic length, 8-bit Theater is a lot of fun. My introduction to the series was a flash video adaptation of the few dozen episodes.

edit: And apparently some guys made a video version where they're just reading the comic 10 episodes at a time. It's not animated, but it might beat just reading it for some people.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 10:38:01 pm by michaeljb »
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

matteo

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 03:19:56 pm »

Hi, all -
I'll have to check out several comics mentioned... some of the ones I read have gotten stale.

Only one not mentioned here yet is Skin Horse - generally not LOL-funny, but I find it quite entertaining (and daily updates!).

- Matteo
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 21 queries.