Dominion > Dominion Articles

Request: Transmute

(1/3) > >>

Silverback:
Is there a Transmute Strategy, that tries to three-pile Transmute, Duchies and, say, Estate or Great Hall?
Is there another Transmute Strategy?

WanderingWinder:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=232.msg3172#msg3172

drg:
Transmuting great halls and islands in province games is win.  You can also grab one when there are other potion cards around and there's no trashing, and they work great when duke is on board.

ehunt:
You know, every time I've tried to pull off transmute/duke, I've lost. I keep thinking it's a great combo, but it just doesn't work. Here are the problems:

1. What do you buy with 5? In an ordinary duke game, I think the answer is unambiguously that you should buy duchy until the duchy pile is empty, then duke (unless the game is about to end and you have at least 5 more duchies than you have dukes).

However, in a transmute game, once the duchy pile is empty, your transmutes are worthless and it's quite hard to buy a duke. So maybe you should buy them earlier? But then you've got all these dukes clogging up your deck, which brings us to problem number 2:

2. It's not like your opponent can't get duchies the old-fashioned way, i.e., by buying them. And even an exceptionally dim-witted opponent will notice very early that you are going for the dukes.

WanderingWinder:
It's also painfully slooooooooooooow, probably much slower than just buying the duchies and with less staying power, unless you are invested sorta heavily into potions anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version