Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165749 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Night 4)
« Reply #1575 on: November 08, 2012, 12:39:00 pm »

Vote Count 5.2

Not voting (5): jotheonah, Grujah, Galzria, Cuzz, yuma

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: No one.

Curse Deadline: Saturday Nov 10, Noon PST (3 pm forum time)
Lynch Deadline: Monday Nov 12, 1 pm PST (4 pm forum time)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 5)
« Reply #1576 on: November 08, 2012, 04:44:03 pm »

I am working on my reread of everyone, basically going one player at a time and summarizing them for the whole game, highlighting important bits and giving my thoughts on everything. It's taking a much longer time than I thought. Part of it will be up soon though.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Night 4)
« Reply #1577 on: November 08, 2012, 06:32:03 pm »

Ok, now to rundown a summary of my thoughts on living players.

PPE: This is a book, and I only have one done for now. Sorry. It's mostly for my benefit as a reference but I hope the rest of town reads these too.

Jotheonah:

First substantial contribution:

This has been quite a day 1. Some thoughts.

On the Grujah wagon: It kind of bothers me, because it's hard for me to get a read on someone who's already at L-2 when he makes his first post. I need to be able to compare someone's under-pressure posting to normal posting to get a good read, and the quickwagon deprived me of that. I'll get over it though. Not voting for him right now, anyway.

Town read: Capn' Frisk.

Scum reads: Insomniac and Eevee.

Eevee is being really critical of other people's reads and shooting them down in a way that gives me a bad vibe.

Expresses annoyance about the Grujah quickwagon, and then gives early town/scumreads; all happen to be on now-dead town. Gives reasons for the Eevee sumread, and on Insomniac he says later he was sheeping Frisk, but never gives much reason for thinking Frisk to be town.

Later:

I think a general note to be cautious of claiming in this game, even at L-1 is really good, and even maybe a tacit endorsement of town PRs lying in certain cases.  Any more of a plan than that and we help scum too much.

Of course, being ok with town lying makes me super nervous.

I am not sure, if I get Chickenified, you should expect a great deal of contribution from me. If I'm a chicken at L-1, I just won't claim. I'll use my Chicken vote in a pro-town way. Other than that, I don't think it will be fun OR useful for me to try to continue being a productive town member while under those constraints.

This post I find very interesting. The position on claiming seems hedgy to me: "we should maybe be ok with town PRs lying, but this makes me nervous." Being outwardly wary of helping scum is an easy way for scum to buy cheap towncred. Then he maybe leaves room to go back on his "tacit endorsement" later. *This will be important below.*

The second half of this quote is interesting too. joth warns us that he will be not so helpful if he's a chicken. I'd assert that no one was all that helpful while chickened, possibly because people were too lazy to translate everything, but this statement came before anyone was chickened, and before we knew quite what an utter detriment to communication it would be. But here joth declares that he will not even try to help town while a chicken. Notably, joth then spent much of the rest of the game as a chicken. In this quote, is he preparing an excuse for lurking, while planning that his scumbuddies will curse him often throughout the game? People seemed to assume that Volt was the scum target D1 but there's no possible way to know that for sure.

Joth then spends a while as a chicken. In the meantime, people bring up the fact that he has been much quieter then usual, even before the chickening.  This exchange between Robz and Galz is notable here:

The problem is that scum Joth has only been seen once in a normal game (M-III), where he was SK. In that particular game, I had no problem spotting his scummy nature D1 because he sat there trying to stir up suspicions. Here, he's just been absent.

I don't know. Joth isn't the quiet type, but I've never seen him as Mafia. OTOH, he's often quite suspicious and an easy mislynch target. For my money... I don't think I would vote him. He's too smart to intentionally play his first "Mafia" game as a lurker when f.DS is at it's peak of railing against lurkers. I feel much more comfortable with my vote on Robz, who is a solid enough player to lead the field in posts WHILE being scum, and spend his time trying to mercilessly pursue a LaL policy without actually taking the time to differentiate scummy lurking and inadvertent town lurking. This particular game has a high skill average. I just don't think you'll see scum being lurky here just for the sake of being lurky.

Galzria hasn't played scum in the past 12 normal games, so can I forgive him for being misinformed on this.

Active play is actually very, very hard for scum, even for experienced players. Even I had a hard-ish time keeping my post count up in MVIII, and even moreso in MIX, when I was scum. It's not easy. That's why Insomniac's active scum play in MXII was so impressive.

Jotheonah is often suspicious and an easy mislynch target, I agree. He tends to get on a lot of wagons, and have a lot of strong opinions. From now on, I will take this to be town Jonah, and I wish I had realized it in MXII.

But this isn't that Jo. He's much quieter here, and I'm having a hard time understanding why, being that he's active in other places. I know he started a new job, sure. I don't think he's a slamdunk by any means. But I think Galzria is underestimating how consuming the tendency to lurk as scum is.

And I still don't see why any scum would actually be afraid of leaning toward the lurky side, since so seldom do we actually punish lurking. I think he could have bet that once again, there wouldn't be any actual lynching of lurkers, or that someone would come in and say, "No scum would lurk now that we are all anti-lurking!" Because someone always does. Blowback against policy lynches is much, much more popular than policy lynches themselves.

And I am distinguishing scummy lurking from town lurking, Galzria. Archetype, for instance, is huge lurking, but I expect Archetype to lurk no matter what his alignment is. And I already said that.

Of the two of them, Robz of course was town, and Galz’s alignment is unknown. Galz defends joth’s lurking as something scum-joth would never do, despite not knowing what scum joth is like really. Robz asserts that lurking is a scumtell for everyone more or less, and not something that’s so easy to avoid as scum. They both make long well-reasoned points, and they both have far more experience than me to go off of, but knowing his alignment I tend to lean towards agreeing with Robz here. I’m of course still by no means certain that joth or anyone else is scum, but I just find Galz’s points here a bit more shaky (and of course it’s plausible that Galz could be scum actively defending a scumbuddy in this post).

Ok, later on (am I still only on D1? Ugh), we get to the lynch of town Explorer Robz. Robz’s wagon builds, gets to L-1, he claims VT and then recants and claims PR. Joth’s post below is typical of the several he made at this time:

Chicken vote: Robz

Recall the “tacit endorsement” of PRs lying in this game that joth gave earlier? Well Robz admits to having lied and claims PR and joth still desperately wants to lynch him here. Now look, I don’t mean to imply that anyone who lynched Robz post-claim was scum, since we know several of them weren’t. I myself was very confused and undecided around that time, and then I was unable to be around for the very end of the day, so I can’t honestly say what I would have done. But the fact that joth goes from being potentially ok with town PRs lying to this:

Chicken vote: Robz Chicken vote: Robz Chicken vote: Robz Chicken vote: Robz Chicken vote: Robz Chicken vote: Robz

seems suspicious. And all the while he’s chickened so he has a built-in excuse to not give a real case!

Ok, so Robz gets lynched, and we go to D2. This next quote speaks for itself, given what I’ve said above. Joth forgets his tacit endorsement.

So I really did think Robz was scum yesterday. At first because he was so set on lynching a person who couldn't defend himself, and second because he claimed like three times.  I don't remember agreeing as a town that we would permit and expect that degree of lying from a town player, but I want to go on record and say that's a bad policy.

For context, this comes right out of the gate, second post of D2 before anyone has a chance to call him out for his role in the Robz lynch.

Summarizing a bit, joth then gives townreads on Galz and Frisk, and a scumread on ashersky, Perhaps tellingly, he calls for the cutpurse to kill ashersky while ashersky is a chicken:

Exactly. When is the next time we're going to have a top scumread who's also a chicken?

This here seems like something scum would be unlikely to do towards their own teammate. But I’m not sure, would an ashersky dayvig followed by a townie lynch have been a better outcome for scum? Actually it probably would, though of course you’d risk an ashersky dayvig followed by a scum lynch. So maybe not inconceivable that scum might do this.

Joth spends the rest of the day as a chicken, and hammers ashersky.

Next two days were pretty short. Joth tunnels Insomniac D3, then switches to Archetype wagon, while still declaring Insomniac to be scum. Of course both of them were town. On D4, Joth begins by continuing to tunnel Insomniac, then declares that he thinks Insomniac is town, and explains why when I ask:

Oh, it's just I've been getting a town read from his annoyance at my tunneling.

It's like, when you're scum and town is tunneling on you against all reason, it's hard to get really upset with them because on some level you know they're right, and you're worried that if you blow up they'll look righter. When you're town and someone is tunneling on you though, it's just really annoying and you can be totally righteous with your anger.  It's not foolproof by any means, but it feels townish.

Unfortunately, I don't know who else to look to. I haven't followed this game well because I've been a chicken so much.

But he never unvotes! This sets up Insomniac to self-vote and Galz to hammer.

Now D5, and I’ll sheep yuma a bit, where he mentions this:

...wherein jot basically says that he hasn't really been paying that much attention to it and isn't that invested in it. I find this to be a weird comment from someone who has voted on, as he said, "ALL THE WAGONS." For someone who has lurked and has had barely any reads, jot sure has expressed his votes. Joth are you saying that you shouldn't be accountable for your votes since you really didn't have accurate reads on the people that you voted for because you have lurked through the game? That is kinda what I am interpreting this as.

I think this is something of a good point. Joth has been saying all game that he doesn’t feel like he has strong reads, isn’t totally invested, etc. etc. but has managed to end up on every wagon. This seems like a natural thing for scum. Don’t express too many opinions, don’t give strong reads you’ll have to back up later on, but still influence town with your vote.

That brings us up to the present. Joth looks far scummier upon rereading than I had thought for most of the game, which makes sense as I imagine he’d be a decent enough scum player to avoid major suspicion for a long time. During our D1 LaL phase I called him out for lurking, but he wasn’t ever my primary scum target, which if he is scum is exactly what he would be trying for. His voting positions, though, do look like potential mafia behavior.

Sorry for the novel. Other player summaries to come but can’t promise when.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: November 08, 2012, 06:54:20 pm »

I should clarify that these are in no particular order. Joth is not necessarily my top scumread or anything (I actually had a mostly townish read on him until I did the reread).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1579 on: November 08, 2012, 06:59:58 pm »

Are we at the point where it would be wise to start analyzing potential scum pairings? Although in the past when we have done that, from my memory MVIII and MXII it didn't turn out so well for town.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: November 08, 2012, 07:04:48 pm »

Are we at the point where it would be wise to start analyzing potential scum pairings? Although in the past when we have done that, from my memory MVIII and MXII it didn't turn out so well for town.

I was probably gonna get to that after I analyzed everyone individually.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: November 08, 2012, 07:41:31 pm »

This is going to suck. I honestly don't have a great memory of where things are at/who's done what this game. I know that my play has been crap though. I apologize for the derphammer, I over-reacted to Insomniac's play infuriating me. He kept calling everybody so anti-town any time they suspected him (even if they were just flushing out their feelings on EVERYBODY), yet his constant self-votes were the most anti-town thing I was seeing (assuming, at the time, he was town). When he finally voted himself to L-1 and goaded people to vote him I lost it. I couldn't believe that a town member would actually play that way. I was certain that he was scum trying (and had been successful up to that point) to force his wagon back. I was wrong, and now we're in lylo, and now I don't know what to think.

I really should reread everybody, but I don't know if I have the energy to do so. I want to focus on Joth and Shraeye, and possibly Grujah as well. I see Cuzz has put some thoughts of Joth down, so I'll start there.

There's what, 2 scum left? And Ashersky was one? So I should look for interactions with him during my reread.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1582 on: November 08, 2012, 08:11:07 pm »

Cuzz's book from above made me want to take a better look at him; found some stuff. I am not going to quote everything, but will reference somethings I found interesting:

- Day 1 - Cuzz was really active day 1 with 57 of his 86 posts coming in this day. He ends the day with a vote on Grujah, having never participated in the Robz wagon (other than his early RVS votes), but had voted for ashersky, shraeye.

I had my vote on him throughout most of the day due to this his response to Volt's querry about ash/arch

Quote from: yuma on October 18, 2012, 05:15:22 pm This is interesting because Cuzz was willing to go back and recheck Insomniac's vote count, but he wasn't willing to take just a few seconds of time and read ashersky's five posts and Archetypes' six and notice the content difference.  I am actually wondering if this was the point's of Volt's asking this question, as it seems like something volt would try to do.

Once shraeye points out the content difference between the two, Cuzz quickly adjusts his statement. That is enough for me to vote: Cuzz

- Day 2 - He is less active with 16 of his 86 posts coming in this day. He ends the day with a vote on Eevee and had previously voted for ashersky, and archetype.

Post by: Cuzz on October 29, 2012, 06:42:36 pm
Quote from: Insomniac on October 29, 2012, 06:31:34 pm
Anybody else up for an Eevee lynch?

I'd prefer ashersky based on behavior today, but Eevee was my biggest scumread D1 and did hammer our cop, so yes I can support this.

Vote: Eevee
I didn't find this that scummy at the time, but it was pointed out by joth I think, which clued me into it this time.

He also noted this, which he references in a later day... more to come here.

Post by: Cuzz on October 28, 2012, 11:03:58 pm
Quote from: ashersky on October 25, 2012, 07:18:16 am
I will note this happens to me every game it seems.  Shraeye and I are alike in this, in that everyone reads us as scummy and we're always town.  Like now.

Rereading and found this gem from ashersky. For the second time today I'll mention that usually I hate going off of scumslips, yet make an exception here. And unlike the Arch one in which I misinterpreted the context, this one seems more black and white. Ashersky is declaring here that he knows shraeye is town in this game. He later in the above post even goes on to put a scumread on shraeye, but that's not even the real issue. Ashersky expressed knowledge of another player's alignment, scum scum scum.

That plus the convenient timing of his bechickening, when yesterday scum certainly noticed how hesitant we were to lynch chickens. And he was on the Robz wagon of course. Deadline is coming up sooner than I realized, so I'll vote: ashersky.

- Day 3 - Had some V/LA time, and the day was cut short, but had only 6 posts this day. He voted Insomniac and Archetype.

- Day 4 - Only 2 of his 86 posts here but again it was an abbreviated day. He doesn't vote for anyone and his only significant post is where he references his own post mentioned above.

Post by: Cuzz on November 04, 2012, 11:53:09 am
Some catching up to do, but wanted to pop in to say I'm not in favor of a shraeye lynch.

I thought ashersky made a slip at one point in which he admitted knowing shraeye was town, as I outlined here:

I wasn't so sure about this case at the time since it was a small thing, (I had asked for some feedback from others which no one ever gave) but I think now that I might have been right given that ashersky flipped scum, i.e. that this really was a scumslip, and thus shraeye actually is town.

Here he subtly gives himself some credit for voting ashersky (who yes, was scum, but wasn't him when he was lynched) and establishes a town read on shraeye via ashersky's supposed scumslip... This is interesting because who ends up dying at night? Shraeye... Shraeye death gives Cuzz some town cred. The question is, was Shraeye's death intended to give it?

Summary: Grujah read here!: Cuzz was very active early (I haven't looked at other players activity over the course of the days, but I imagine it is somewhat similar, but Cuzz's really stood out to me because it drops rather dramatically as the game progresses) and has had his fair share of scummy moments but has stayed low in regard to suspicion. I think jot and I are really the only ones who have voted for him. He was on the ashersky wagon early but left it. And potentially may have tried to establish some credibility by giving a town read on shraeye followed by a night kill on him.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: November 08, 2012, 08:11:38 pm »

I really should reread everybody, but I don't know if I have the energy to do so. I want to focus on Joth and Shraeye, and possibly Grujah as well. I see Cuzz has put some thoughts of Joth down, so I'll start there.

There's what, 2 scum left? And Ashersky was one? So I should look for interactions with him during my reread.

shraeye is dead. Who did you intend to put there?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1584 on: November 08, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »

shraeye is dead. Who did you intend to put there?

Ha! You're right. I intended Shraeye, honestly. I found him scummy yesterday, and wanted to pursue that further today. I forgot he was killed last night.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: November 09, 2012, 12:26:04 am »

So that "tacit endorsment" thing, I don't think it's as inconsistent as Cuzz suggests. Mainly, there's a big difference between town fakeclaiming a power role right before lynch for theory reasons, which is the plan we were talking about when I agreed that might be permissible, and town flailing his way through 3 different claims in the moments before his lynch. The latter just seemed so, so much like scum play.

Why did I come in and say that right at the beginning of the day? Because I had so desperately wanted to say it at the end of the day, but I was a chicken. And also because I felt like I owed it to the town to explain my vote in retrospect because I couldn't do it at the time.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: November 09, 2012, 08:24:49 am »

Quick post before heading off to rotations since I forgot to post this last night.

I will be intermittently available today and tomorrow due to funeral/memorial events and am not 100% sure of the time schedule. Rest assured that I will post when I am around, but don't be terribly surprised if I am around even less than usual.

Deadline is Monday afternoon? Unfortunately I won't be around then either.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: November 09, 2012, 08:57:31 am »

Quick post before heading off to rotations since I forgot to post this last night.

I will be intermittently available today and tomorrow due to funeral/memorial events and am not 100% sure of the time schedule. Rest assured that I will post when I am around, but don't be terribly surprised if I am around even less than usual.

Deadline is Monday afternoon? Unfortunately I won't be around then either.

Very sorry for your loss, yuma, and I think no one will blame you if mafia is not your top priority at this time. This game is fun and can get intense at times, but it is just a game. All the best to your family.

What do we think about maybe a soft (or even hard) deadline for Sunday night then? We're at LyLo and need all 3 town to agree to lynch correctly and survive, and if yuma is town we'll have no chance if we wait till deadline when he's not around. It'd be great if there was a little time when everyone could be around and come to a consensus together.

Grujah and Galz have been really quiet today (though I know Galz was V/LA) and I really believe that this stage of the game is when a. It's hardest for scum to fake pro-town behavior and b. they benefit most from keeping quiet. They are still my bigger scumreads and I'm workin on rereading them but man it is work and I'm supposed to be grading exams all weekend. I'll do my best.

Let's keep in mind too that someone will be a chicken by tomorrow and that could make things very difficult as we approach the deadline, so everyone should at least get some thoughts down before then.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: November 09, 2012, 09:13:38 am »

Given this is MyLo and the weekend and yuma's extenuating circumstances, I request a deadline extension from Jorbles
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: November 09, 2012, 09:14:45 am »

I think Grujah and Galz are good lynches, FWIW. But that's just a gut reaction. I won't have legit reads until I have time to do a reread this week. Then hopefully I'll bust this thing wide open.

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1590 on: November 09, 2012, 09:15:35 am »

Given this is MyLo and the weekend and yuma's extenuating circumstances, I request a deadline extension from Jorbles

This is a good idea too. Why MyLo and not LyLo though?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: November 09, 2012, 09:33:31 am »

I do get those terms mixed up. I guess it is LyLo, sicne No Lynch is not an option for town.

He/him

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: November 09, 2012, 11:23:54 am »

Given this is Lylo (ftfy) and the weekend and yuma's extenuating circumstances, I request a deadline extension from Jorbles

If all players would please PM their vote on this. I will extend the deadline if it is unanimous. Probably by two days.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: November 09, 2012, 04:21:12 pm »

Given this is Lylo (ftfy) and the weekend and yuma's extenuating circumstances, I request a deadline extension from Jorbles

If all players would please PM their vote on this. I will extend the deadline if it is unanimous. Probably by two days.

Here for a bit before leaving. anyone want to chat it up? Just because we will have an extension doesn't mean we can't talk today...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: November 09, 2012, 05:53:14 pm »

Here for a bit before leaving. anyone want to chat it up? Just because we will have an extension doesn't mean we can't talk today...

anyone... I know at least 4 out of the 5 players still alive in the game are online right now...

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: November 09, 2012, 06:37:38 pm »

anyone... I know at least 4 out of the 5 players still alive in the game are online right now...

Funny right after I post this... cuzz, jot and galz are now all off line. I think I scared them away

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: November 10, 2012, 10:56:22 am »

Others have pointed out that Galz has been on every townie lynch but was not on the one scum lynch that we have had. I decided to focus my skim read on him there. I am not going to quote sorry (I am kinda in a rush trying to get this down before leaving for the day).

In skimming through I noticed that Galz had abundant opportunities day 2 to put a vote down on ashersky. He almost hammered him mid-day 2. But didn't.

He also had multiple opportunities to join the final ashersky wagon, but didn't.

It seems that some people are getting a scum read based off this, and understandably so. But I am actually getting a town read based off my previous playing experience with Galz in Blitz1 when we were both mafia together.

In Blitz1 Galz basically said that if I received any pressure at all, he would not hesitate to bus me and press for my lynch, and he did heavily day 3 in, both before my attempt to quick hammer and after. But because he didn't press or hammer ashersky in this game I have a harder time seeing Galz as scum. I think scum-Galz would have bussed ashersky hard after ash received heavy pressure.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: November 10, 2012, 11:07:01 am »

Others have pointed out that Galz has been on every townie lynch but was not on the one scum lynch that we have had. I decided to focus my skim read on him there. I am not going to quote sorry (I am kinda in a rush trying to get this down before leaving for the day).

In skimming through I noticed that Galz had abundant opportunities day 2 to put a vote down on ashersky. He almost hammered him mid-day 2. But didn't.

He also had multiple opportunities to join the final ashersky wagon, but didn't.

It seems that some people are getting a scum read based off this, and understandably so. But I am actually getting a town read based off my previous playing experience with Galz in Blitz1 when we were both mafia together.

In Blitz1 Galz basically said that if I received any pressure at all, he would not hesitate to bus me and press for my lynch, and he did heavily day 3 in, both before my attempt to quick hammer and after. But because he didn't press or hammer ashersky in this game I have a harder time seeing Galz as scum. I think scum-Galz would have bussed ashersky hard after ash received heavy pressure.

Quick response to this: Galz likes to use the "scum Galz doesn't play like this so I can't be scum" argument in this game, which I really don't like when it comes from the person in question. I haven't played too much with Galz but based on his reputation I think he's good enouh player to not play the same every time he's scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: November 10, 2012, 12:07:21 pm »

Quick response to this: Galz likes to use the "scum Galz doesn't play like this so I can't be scum" argument in this game, which I really don't like when it comes from the person in question. I haven't played too much with Galz but based on his reputation I think he's good enouh player to not play the same every time he's scum.

I've played in M-II, M-III, M-IV, M-V, M-VI, M-VII, M-VIII, M-IX, M-XI, M-III*, M-XIV* and M-XV*.

I've used that argument in EVERY game I've played since my first where nobody knew me and I was playing my first ever game. The only game I've been mafia in? M-II. I was lynched in M-III and M-VII. NK'd in M-IV, M-IX and M-XI. Lived to the end in M-VI, M-V and M-VIII.

People like to claim I'm Mafia. Been that way for a long, long time. They use a baseless argument that "scum Galz wouldn't play like he did in the past, thus his playing like *every other game in recent memory where he was town*, MUST mean he's scum here!" They've been wrong every time.

The only other game I've been scum in was ZM-1, where Yuma was my partner. If Yuma is town here, he knows the difference between my mafia play and my town play, and he knows this isn't me as scum.

For my part, I need to compile the cases, but my biggest scum read is Joth. Second to that is Cuzz. Yuma is my strongest town read, with Grujah second towniest. Soo... Joth -> Cuzz -> Grujah -> Yuma.

I still get hung up on the number of times Joth has been Chickened... And yet... Coming into this game he had not yet ever rolled Mafia. I could see using the mechanic to hide behind newness. Certainly his rate of chickening is suspiciously high to me one way or another. I just need to figure out if it's more likely to be a scum misdirect, or a scum frame. Not sure.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: November 10, 2012, 07:12:30 pm »

So given that we have 2 scum left I started re-reading with an eye toward pairs, and I think I found one.

Re-read the leadup to the Robz-lynch, and tell me it doesn't look like scumGalz forced to come to scumGruj's rescue (He wrote some LONG posts defending Grujah)

Robz FOSes Galz for not realizing he was (in retrospect obviously) breadcrumbing his power role. I think Galz did catch it, and also his many hints that he had invstigated ashersky. Galz and Gru had figured out Robz was the cop, that's why they pushed his lynch so hard - they thought it was worth it to be obvious if they could knock out the cop.

Galz's defense of Grujah's 1v1ing of Robz does not read townish to me. I would expect town to call Gru out on bad play, not come up with a convoluted argument for why his bad play makes him town.

If you don't believe me, go back and read that exchange. Def. my #1 scumteam read as of now.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 68  All

Page created in 2.36 seconds with 21 queries.