Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 164641 times)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 4)
« Reply #1550 on: November 05, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »

Thread Locked.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 4)
« Reply #1551 on: November 05, 2012, 05:58:45 pm »

Day 4 Lynch

Insomniac (4): jotheonah, Grujah, Insomniac, Galzria
Galzria (1): shraeye
Not Voting (2): Cuzz, yuma

Of all the townspeople Insomniac was the most upset by all the cursing and chickens.

"Kill me," he shouted. "I can't take it anymore."

The town responded, "Are you a Sea Hag?"

"I don't even care. You don't know that I'm not! I just can't take it anymore! I probably am!"

Insomniac said he wanted to climb to the top of the building and jump off, so the townspeople got him a ladder, and apprehensively watched him.

Climbing to the top of the tallest building in town Insomniac shouted, "Lookout below, here comes a Sea Hag," and leapt.

He crunched into the pavement.

Insomniac, the Fishing Villager, has been killed.

Night actions are due in to me by 2 p.m. PST. If I get them in early I may start as early as Noon PST.

Thread Still Locked.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Night 4)
« Reply #1552 on: November 06, 2012, 03:49:40 pm »

Day 5 Start

The town wakes up after a restless night of sleep and meet to discuss things over brunch. They are told the diner is all out of breakfast foods so lunch it is.

After finishing their meal they ask to speak to the chef about the delicious chicken sandwiches they were served. Wait a minute, chicken sandwiches...

"Where's shraeye?" someone asks.

shraeye, the Fishing Villager, has been killed.

Not voting (5): jotheonah, Grujah, Galzria, Cuzz, yuma

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: No one.

Curse Deadline: Wednesday Nov 7, Noon PST (3 pm forum time)
Lynch Deadline: Monday Nov 12, 1 pm PST (4 pm forum time)

Thread Unlocked

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: November 06, 2012, 04:15:52 pm »

This is lylo right?

I'd say invisiyuma strikes again.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: November 06, 2012, 05:28:08 pm »

This is lylo right?

Yes, this is LyLo, and I will frickin' snap if we have a repeat of MXII, so we need to be cautious with voting and talk a lot about what has happened so far and whom everyone suspects. Scum can easily avoid suspicion at this stage if no one is pressuring them to talk, and talking a lot gives more material to analyze for slips and inconsistencies. If anyone hastily votes before everyone has had their say then we deserve to lose.

To start, we have 4 wagons to analyze, 3 town and one scum:

Robz (town) wagon: ashersky, Galz, Volt, joth, Grujah, Frisk, Eevee

ashersky (scum) wagon: Grujah, Frisk, Eevee, shraeye, Insomniac, joth

Archetype (town) wagon: Cuzz, shraeye, Galz, joth, Insomniac

Insomniac (town) wagon: joth, Grujah, Insomniac, Galz

Things to note:
-2 scum among Grujah, yuma, Galz, and joth (from my perspective of course).
-3 living players on each town wagon, only 2 on ashersky's wagon.
-Galz was on every town wagon, but not ashersky's.
-joth has been on every lynch wagon.
-yuma has been on no lynch wagons.

I think the most informative ones to look at are the lynches of ashersky and Insomniac. ashersky was scum, and I would expect at least one of his partners to have bussed him. Insomniac was town and his lynch put us at LyLo, so I feel like scum would have jumped at the chance to lynch him.

I feel then like we're looking at at least one scum among joth and Grujah for being on both of the above wagons. FWIW townie Insomniac seemed certain that Grujah was scum. Galz also looks suspicious for his hammer of Insomniac, and for pushing the lynch of Robz after he had claimed a PR. yuma is an enigma to me, as he has mostly posted large isolated blocks of content without much direct interaction with any other players. I had a townread on him early, but I could easily see him being scum who somehow managed to just fly under the radar and avoid major suspicion for most of the game.

For now I find Grujah and Galz most suspicious, but I really don't feel super confident of my reads in this game at the moment.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: November 06, 2012, 05:30:05 pm »

Makes me suspect yuma way more. What townie does this.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: November 06, 2012, 05:44:45 pm »

There is this lovely paradox in mafia. This is all for town only.

If you enjoy the game, you play well. If you play well, you get nightkilled.

If you don't enjoy the game, you play badly. If you play badly, you get left alive.

Therefore, those who are the most into a game are the most likely to be out of it, and those who are the most lukewarm on a game are most likely to live to the end of it.

This is all a long way of saying that I've lurked my way to being a liability pretty much all game, and I still have barely any reads to speak of.  I'll be back on some time tomorrow.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: November 07, 2012, 12:01:54 pm »

If you don't enjoy the game, you play badly. If you play badly, you get left alive.

Therefore, those who are the most into a game are the most likely to be out of it, and those who are the most lukewarm on a game are most likely to live to the end of it.

This is all a long way of saying that I've lurked my way to being a liability pretty much all game, and I still have barely any reads to speak of.  I'll be back on some time tomorrow.

This comes off as sincere to me, but it's frustrating to read. If you actually are town, this is disappointing because it's three on two and we'll all have to agree to have a chance at pulling this out. I'm sure it was annoying to have a post-restriction for most of the game, but you're still playing and should be playing to your win condition for the sake of your team. It was already super-frustrating to know that there were at least four townies who lynched our most powerful PR, and then Insomniac got fed up and basically committed suicide to put us at LyLo. And now no one but me seems to be playing anymore. Jesus, at least let us lose for bad town play instead of apathy.

But what the hell do I know, you're probably scum anyway. My reads are garbage in this game.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: November 07, 2012, 12:16:09 pm »

I want to be helpful now. It's just hard - I don't have time to reread everything and I don't have many reads. If people want to point me to particularly relevant events/ passages, or lay out the salient cases, it would help me to get back on the engaged town bandwagon.

I know that's a lot to ask. If not, I can do a reread Saturday probably.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: November 07, 2012, 12:26:44 pm »

I want to be helpful now. It's just hard - I don't have time to reread everything and I don't have many reads. If people want to point me to particularly relevant events/ passages, or lay out the salient cases, it would help me to get back on the engaged town bandwagon.

I know that's a lot to ask. If not, I can do a reread Saturday probably.

For now you can comment on my wagon analysis above if you like. I'm gonna try to write up my thoughts on all living players but probably won't have it posted until later tonight. I'll see how that goes, last time I wrote up only one player before the game ended  :(.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: November 07, 2012, 12:39:21 pm »

THe key thing here, from my perspective, is that Galz was on every. town. wagon.

And not on the scum wagon.

And yuma's been on no wagons, which is a great place for scum to be if we're lynching like we have been.

So those are my two most likely scum reads.

Galzira is tricky. I consider him a good player, so the badness of this voting record jumps out at me. But I also consider him a good scum player, so the obviousness of this voting record jumps out at me from that perspective.

I think yuma (who is pretty V/LA right now, unfortunately) is a good candidate for a focused re-read when I have the time.

Of course, I've been on ALL THE WAGONS and I was pushing Insom pretty hard. Also at the end of the day yesterday I said I was starting to think Insom was town, but I didn't actually unvote him.  Sooo that looks pretty bad, eh? I actually thought I had unvoted him, and I was pretty upset to find him lynched with me on his wagon.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: November 07, 2012, 12:40:26 pm »

Why on earth did Insom self-vote us to lylo when one of the people on his wagon had already said he thought he was town! That is such frustratingly bad play!

He/him

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: November 07, 2012, 03:15:31 pm »

Vote Count 5.1 and Curse

At noon the town clock chimes. Everyone looks at each other expectantly, but nothing happens.

Not voting (5): jotheonah, Grujah, Galzria, Cuzz, yuma

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: No one.

Curse Deadline: Saturday Nov 10, Noon PST (3 pm forum time)
Lynch Deadline: Monday Nov 12, 1 pm PST (4 pm forum time)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: November 07, 2012, 06:59:52 pm »

This is lylo right?

Grujah you have been trying to pin me with this stigma all game long. I have repeatedly pointed out that you were wrong to which you have repeatedly ignored me. Should I try again? Or will you again ignore what I have to say?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: November 07, 2012, 07:06:30 pm »

This is new. Explain that.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: November 07, 2012, 07:07:01 pm »

And where is Galz?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: November 07, 2012, 07:17:53 pm »

First post Day 2 from Grujah

Post by: Grujah on October 24, 2012, 02:02:06 pm
Torn between Eevee and Ins, ash and shareye come after that. than invisiyuma and CF, than jo, arch, galz and cuzz.

Vote... hmm.
Eevee

to which I respond with

Post by: yuma on October 24, 2012, 04:19:15 pm

I will be "invisiyuma" for 19 hours everyday weekday. There is nothing I can do about that. I have a 5 hour posting window from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mountain Daylight time. Any other time I am 1. sleeping; 2. at work; 3. at rotations. I am no longer one of the lucky ones who can post at work. I posted this in the VLA thread way before this game started and have explained my situation in this game as well. But it seems I need to do so again.

So before you call me "invisiyuma", go back and check my posts during my available times. I think you will find that I am not invisible then.

to which you never responded

First non-chicken, legal post of Day 3

Post by: Grujah on November 01, 2012, 02:04:52 pm
yuma had a grand total of 2 votes on him, one being me mistaking Galz for him while I was drunk.

What's the vote tally?

First post of Day 4

Post by: Grujah on November 06, 2012, 02:15:52 pm
This is lylo right?

This game I have had 73 posts. You have had 170. Galz is at 129. Cuzz is at 83. Jot is at 90. Do you have any reason for saying that i am "invisiyuma" or are you just trying to build this stigma around my reputation?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: November 07, 2012, 07:19:50 pm »

This is new. Explain that.

I don't know what you want me to explain. I wasn't on any of the lynches. It wasn't like I wasn't voting, but it is hard to be on the lynches when the lynches either occur 1. at the deadline when I am not available to be online or 2. fast as lightening with quickhammers. I am not sure what you want from me here?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: November 07, 2012, 07:28:58 pm »

This did make me curious thou... and I looked up in the stat sheet I compiled for people who went entire games without voting, here is what I found.

Game II - Insomniac didn't vote in all 3 days. He was town
Game VI - Glooble didn't vote in all 5 days. He was a serial killer
Game VII - manda didn't vote in all 3 days. Manda was town (but a serial lurker)
Game VIII - (which you modded remember) theorel didn't vote until the very end of the game in lylo when he mislynched Galz to lose the game - he was town
Game IX - Captain Frisk didn't vote through day 3, when he was lynched - he was scum

So to answer your question, it appears that town and scum do this.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: November 07, 2012, 07:30:24 pm »

Yuma: well, you're response. And post count doesn't matter when I find you invisible, i.e. - can't remember anything you stood for the whole game.

Main target as of now: Galz. For hammer which he might have though to be able to "get away with" like O did in previous game and cuz Ins already self-voted and stuff and for me not finding him suspicion at all during the whole game, which is not normal.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: November 07, 2012, 07:32:41 pm »

Yuma: well, you're response. And post count doesn't matter when I find you invisible, i.e. - can't remember anything you stood for the whole game.

Sure... post count doesn't matter, but I guess I am just surprised that you think I don't have opinions. Are you one of the players that doens't like to read huge posts? I tend to write those over short posts, especially when I have no one to have a back and forth conversation with online with me.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: November 07, 2012, 07:38:51 pm »

FYI: Jot, right now has my highest scum read and will be my focus in rereading

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: November 07, 2012, 07:39:25 pm »

Sure... post count doesn't matter, but I guess I am just surprised that you think I don't have opinions. Are you one of the players that doens't like to read huge posts? I tend to write those over short posts, especially when I have no one to have a back and forth conversation with online with me.

Me usually scimming huge posts does seem to effect the game.

Also at galz he was very quickly to jump on Ins's "let's massclaim D2" idea.. hmm.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: November 07, 2012, 09:48:52 pm »

So joth... didn't do a full reread, but more of a general skim of the last few days

my main concern with him really stemmed from this post

Of course, I've been on ALL THE WAGONS and I was pushing Insom pretty hard. Also at the end of the day yesterday I said I was starting to think Insom was town, but I didn't actually unvote him.  Sooo that looks pretty bad, eh? I actually thought I had unvoted him, and I was pretty upset to find him lynched with me on his wagon.

Because, well it does look bad. What were your reasons for beginning to think he was more town by the way?

The other post of his that jumped out to me was this

wherein jot basically says that he hasn't really been paying that much attention to it and isn't that invested in it. I find this to be a weird comment from someone who has voted on, as he said, "ALL THE WAGONS." For someone who has lurked and has had barely any reads, jot sure has expressed his votes. Joth are you saying that you shouldn't be accountable for your votes since you really didn't have accurate reads on the people that you voted for because you have lurked through the game? That is kinda what I am interpreting this as.

I also noted that he being in the hammer position on ashersky to be relatively scummy, ie, a good place for a bus. But in reading back I discovered that jot was on the ash wagon a little bit earlier the first time he voted, in the 4th position. He did unvote and revote and unvote and revote a couple of times there, but so did a lot of other people in that crazy end of day.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: November 08, 2012, 01:15:17 am »

I've mostly been sheeping reads of people I trust. But that's getting harder cause I don't really trust anybody.

I think I already said, I was getting a town vibe from his reaction to my tunneling. Scum react a certain way to tunneling because deep down they know the person tunneling on them is right. It's more anger and less indignation, I guess. Hard to explain, and hardly scientific.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.