Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165835 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 4)
« Reply #1500 on: November 03, 2012, 03:07:22 am »

vote: Shraeye

FYI I quick hammered because Eevee wasn't cursed. And if he's cursed he can't dive. Mafia was counting on a longer day to curse later

Not buying this at all.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: November 03, 2012, 10:13:00 am »

vote: Shraeye

FYI I quick hammered because Eevee wasn't cursed. And if he's cursed he can't dive. Mafia was counting on a longer day to curse later

@JO

Then why didn't you say so when you hammered. Or did you only realize it was a valid excuse during the night? I don't remember any discussion of this at all, in fact I didn't even know it was part of the rules until you said this and I went to look it up.

And while it was a smart town move--if that is what you actually intended to do the curse deadline was
Curse deadline: Sunday Nov 4, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
meaning that when you hammered on November 1 we still had just less than 3 days to discuss and talk. It wasn't like we were up against the curse deadline or anything!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: November 03, 2012, 10:20:53 am »

Oh yes, that is true about the 3 days left thing.  There I go not checking facts again.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: November 03, 2012, 11:47:08 am »

Didn't say it because I realized when I expressed intent to hammer that no was likely to Unvote.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: November 03, 2012, 12:28:45 pm »

Jo I don't get why your tunneling me so hard, I don't think your scum here but stop being so hard headed and look at some facts. Grujah I do think your scum so it makes sense your tunneling me.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Night 3)
« Reply #1505 on: November 03, 2012, 12:30:16 pm »

Vote Count 4.1

Insomniac (2): jotheonah, Grujah
shraeye (3): yuma, Galzria, Insomniac (L-1)
Galzria (1): shraeye
Not Voting (1): Cuzz

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: Galzria

Curse deadline: Sunday Nov 4, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Thursday Nov 8, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:38:59 pm by Jorbles »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: November 03, 2012, 02:24:17 pm »

I'm OK with Shra lynch. I am declaring my viligness to hammer.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: November 03, 2012, 03:19:59 pm »

Actually I think I might be wrong about Insomniac.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: November 03, 2012, 05:06:59 pm »

remember my reads.

galz>joth>cuzz are scummy in that order.  Galz is large, cuzz is slight scum.

insomniac neutral.

yuma slight town, grujah is my biggest townread.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: November 03, 2012, 05:15:52 pm »

y'all are silly for lynching me.  if i remember correctly the reasons are "sheeps" and "isn't anaylzing things like town shraeye."

f.DS has this weird idea that people should act the same every time they're town, and if they're acting different, then they can't be town.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: November 03, 2012, 05:37:35 pm »

Didn't say it because I realized when I expressed intent to hammer that no was likely to Unvote.

So.... That isn't answering my concern.

That you thought no one was going to unvote doesn't change the fact that you could have explained why you were hammering (supposedly to allow the pearl diver the chance to dive w/o being cursed) when you hammered. Instead, you waited until the next day. This makes it look like you weren't thinking of the pearl diver when you hammered, but instead realized it during the night.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: November 03, 2012, 05:47:36 pm »

y'all are silly for lynching me.  if i remember correctly the reasons are "sheeps" and "isn't anaylzing things like town shraeye."

f.DS has this weird idea that people should act the same every time they're town, and if they're acting different, then they can't be town.

"sheeps" doesn't quite encompass my vote on you... Do I need to explain it again? I'll try to briefly do so.

I am voting for you because, the last of 3 sheeps in a row was one in which you reference a case (Cuzz's) and then contradict it. To me this looks like you saw a building wagon and wanted to quickly jump onto it. You saw an opportunity to get on it early and did so w/o fully understanding the case as it was presented.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: November 03, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »

From Cuzz:
The bolded parts seems to demonstrate a lack of knowledge of the game-state and make no sense at all. a. Pearl diver is not an investigative role, b. Eevee already claimed pearl diver, c. You ask the pearl diver to not reveal himself, while asking Eevee to give information if he is pearl diver. These requests are incompatible. And finally d. Arch continues his D2 tunneling of dead confirmed-townie Frisk, later claiming this was a mistake.

This post on its own could be evidence of scum or bad town play, but Archetype's lurky behavior in general (and the ash defense) has been seeming quite scummy to me anyway.

I say
Yes, Archetype putting CF on his scummy list was ridiculous.  It seems like he was so focused on trying to keep his "reads" consistent, that he didn't notice who died, or let the lynch even change his opinion of other things.  I'm highly suspicious of this, and combined with his weird business regarding talking to the PRs, I agree with
Vote: ARchetype

So yuma says
the reason I find this sheep the worst is because you contradict the very quote that you sheep. In Cuzz's analysis he determines that Archetype's putting CF on his scummy list and lack of knowledge about the game was more likely just bad town play and not the real basis of Cuzz's vote. However, this is what you jump on exclusively in your vote. Cuzz's vote is more based on lurkiness and defense of ash, whereas your vote only involves his CF read and talking to PRs. You saw a wagon form and joined it w/o really looking into what the case was.
But my sheep doesn't contradict Cuzz's case.  You're summary of Cuzz's case is that he determintes that Archetypes odd actions were more likely to be bad town play and weren't the real basis of cuzz's vote.  But just look at the bolded sentence above.  Cuzz says that this could be either bad town or scum, but doesn't bother to analyze the distinction because of the other scumminess based off of lurkiness and defense of ash.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: November 03, 2012, 06:07:20 pm »

From Cuzz:
The bolded parts seems to demonstrate a lack of knowledge of the game-state and make no sense at all. a. Pearl diver is not an investigative role, b. Eevee already claimed pearl diver, c. You ask the pearl diver to not reveal himself, while asking Eevee to give information if he is pearl diver. These requests are incompatible. And finally d. Arch continues his D2 tunneling of dead confirmed-townie Frisk, later claiming this was a mistake.

This post on its own could be evidence of scum or bad town play, but Archetype's lurky behavior in general (and the ash defense) has been seeming quite scummy to me anyway.

I say
Yes, Archetype putting CF on his scummy list was ridiculous.  It seems like he was so focused on trying to keep his "reads" consistent, that he didn't notice who died, or let the lynch even change his opinion of other things.  I'm highly suspicious of this, and combined with his weird business regarding talking to the PRs, I agree with
Vote: ARchetype

So yuma says
the reason I find this sheep the worst is because you contradict the very quote that you sheep. In Cuzz's analysis he determines that Archetype's putting CF on his scummy list and lack of knowledge about the game was more likely just bad town play and not the real basis of Cuzz's vote. However, this is what you jump on exclusively in your vote. Cuzz's vote is more based on lurkiness and defense of ash, whereas your vote only involves his CF read and talking to PRs. You saw a wagon form and joined it w/o really looking into what the case was.
But my sheep doesn't contradict Cuzz's case.  You're summary of Cuzz's case is that he determintes that Archetypes odd actions were more likely to be bad town play and weren't the real basis of cuzz's vote.  But just look at the bolded sentence above.  Cuzz says that this could be either bad town or scum, but doesn't bother to analyze the distinction because of the other scumminess based off of lurkiness and defense of ash.

You do raise a good, and accurate point. For now I will unvote. I still think that even if Cuzz intended that to be part of his case it was the weakest point, and the part you latched onto, whereas archetype's defense of ash and lurking had more significance but was ignored by you.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: November 03, 2012, 06:18:35 pm »

After the very public defended/not defended Grujah debacle with eHalcyon/Munch, i've thought that scum would be very wary when defending their partners.  I didn't really focus on Archetype's defense of ashersky, and as you can see it's not a basis for the vote that I gave.  Also, Archetype very often has a lower post count.  I htink that persecuting Archetype for lurking is just too easy of a thing for someone to do, and I wasn't willing to vote Archetype just because he had some "lurkiness".  The part I said, however, did make him look very bad in my eyes.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: November 03, 2012, 06:36:54 pm »

Two questions.

Insomniac, what's your reason for voting for me?  I went to check and you voted for me in the same post where you clarified why you quickhammered.

Grujah, why are you ok with being hammer on the shraeye lynch, when your scumread Insomniac is the one who put me to L-1?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: November 04, 2012, 09:27:52 am »

Cuz I think you are likely to be scum, and I might be wrong about Ins. I cannot base all my assumptions on Ins = scum like it is certain when it is not. Thing that he is 3rd on wagon and L-1 doesn't help him, but I cannot change my mind solely on that action. I am still voting for him, though.

yuma very scummy if you flip scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: November 04, 2012, 09:50:16 am »

Cuz I think you are likely to be scum, and I might be wrong about Ins. I cannot base all my assumptions on Ins = scum like it is certain when it is not. Thing that he is 3rd on wagon and L-1 doesn't help him, but I cannot change my mind solely on that action. I am still voting for him, though.

I am not concerned about looking scummy or not. I am concerned about lynching scum. And shraeye pointed out that one of my biggest points in why I find him scummy was flawed, so I unvoted, at least until I can determine if my vote should remain there despite that, or if my vote is better spent elsewhere.

Do you think I should have kept my vote there despite my flawed case?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: November 04, 2012, 11:21:53 am »

While I was 3rd on today I did want to lynch him yesterday.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: November 04, 2012, 01:53:09 pm »

Some catching up to do, but wanted to pop in to say I'm not in favor of a shraeye lynch.

I thought ashersky made a slip at one point in which he admitted knowing shraeye was town, as I outlined here:

I wasn't so sure about this case at the time since it was a small thing, (I had asked for some feedback from others which no one ever gave) but I think now that I might have been right given that ashersky flipped scum, i.e. that this really was a scumslip, and thus shraeye actually is town.

To change the subject somewhat, Jo, can you please elaborate on this at all:

Actually I think I might be wrong about Insomniac.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: November 04, 2012, 02:43:11 pm »

Oh, it's just I've been getting a town read from his annoyance at my tunneling.

It's like, when you're scum and town is tunneling on you against all reason, it's hard to get really upset with them because on some level you know they're right, and you're worried that if you blow up they'll look righter. When you're town and someone is tunneling on you though, it's just really annoying and you can be totally righteous with your anger.  It's not foolproof by any means, but it feels townish.

Unfortunately, I don't know who else to look to. I haven't followed this game well because I've been a chicken so much.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: November 04, 2012, 02:57:52 pm »

Thread Locked.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: November 04, 2012, 03:13:58 pm »

Vote Count 4.2 and Curse

Galzria becomes human again. shraeye turns into a chicken. (sorry no time for flavour, gotta go grocery shopping.)

Insomniac (2): jotheonah, Grujah
shraeye (2): Galzria, Insomniac
Galzria (1): shraeye
Not Voting (2): Cuzz, yuma

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: shraeye

Curse deadline: Wednesday Nov 7, Noon PST (3 pm forum time) (Daylight Savings is OVER.)
Lynch deadline: Thursday Nov 8, Noon PST (3 pm forum time)

Thread unlocked.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: November 04, 2012, 03:22:19 pm »

Chic....

I'm FREE!
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: November 04, 2012, 07:23:38 pm »

Chic....

I'm FREE!

and now that you can talk, what have you to say?
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.