Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 164684 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 3)
« Reply #1475 on: November 01, 2012, 06:05:05 pm »

WOrks for me. Declaring intent to hammer. Anyone want to offer a rousing defense?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: November 01, 2012, 06:05:33 pm »

WOrks for me. Declaring intent to hammer. Anyone want to offer a rousing defense?

You mean intent to l-1 him?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: November 01, 2012, 06:12:43 pm »

oh dammit. Vote: Archetype

but I still think Insom is scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: November 01, 2012, 06:18:42 pm »

Your right Jo, I would totally try to die to save a PR, and then on day 2 defend my scum buddy so hard that if he got lynched anyways (which I was on remember) I'd be insta scum. Cuz thats how I play scum...

Tempted to hammer
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: November 01, 2012, 06:19:41 pm »

Hammer Vote: Archetype

It worked out last time me and jo punched as the last 2 votes.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: November 01, 2012, 06:21:04 pm »

Vote Count 3.4:

Grujah (1): Archetype
Archetype (5): Cuzz, shraeye, Galzria, jotheonah, Insomniac
shraeye (1): Grujah

Not Voting (2): Eevee, yuma

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: Galzria

Curse deadline: Sunday Nov 4, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Nov 6, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

THREAD LOCKED

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: November 01, 2012, 06:33:31 pm »

The town rounded on Archetype there was something chicken-y about him. (You see what I did there?  ;)) The fishing villagers looked at him, Galzria the chicken looked at him, and they all sensed something was off.

Archetype stared back at them and apprehensively said, "Hey guys, what are you doing? I'm not responsible for any of this. I didn't turn anyone into a chicken."

The town wasn't satisfied, ever since Archetype came to town things started getting weird. They ran at him.

Archetype ran from the villagers, narrowly making his way towards the dock. "Guys I swear I'm not a Sea Hag! I don't know how to turn people into chickens!"

The town chased him to the end of the dock. Archetype panicked, "Please please please, don't kill me! I promise I am not a Sea Hag." Suddenly the villager closest to him started to grow feathers. The townspeople had not a minute to lose. They clubbed Archetype about the head and threw him into the ocean, where unconscious he drowned.

Archetype, the Fishing Villager and Curser, has been killed.

The town have satisfied their lust for blood, and Grujah is no longer hated.

Night actions are due in by 2:30 pm PDT tomorrow. If I get them early I may start as early as noon tomorrow. The latest d4 start will be 3:30 pm PDT.

Thread locked.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:48:11 pm by Jorbles »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Night 3)
« Reply #1482 on: November 02, 2012, 03:56:28 pm »

Day 4 Start

The town woke up from another restless night. They had grown to used to not being joined by their neighbours to celebrate. A quick head count revealed that not all members of the town were with them. They realized that Galzria was still a chicken and recounted. They were still one member short.

The members of the town were morose, but resigned they had expected this. They trooped over to Eevee's house to see if he was there. He was not, his diving equipment was askew and a few pearls were scattered around his store room. In a heap he lay unmoving beaten to a pulp.

Eevee, the Fishing Village-aligned Pearl Diver, has been killed.

Not Voting (7): yuma, Cuzz, shraeye, Galzria, jotheonah, Insomniac, Grujah

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: Galzria

Curse deadline: Sunday Nov 4, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Thursday Nov 8, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

Thread Unlocked
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:07:46 pm by Jorbles »

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 4)
« Reply #1483 on: November 02, 2012, 04:49:02 pm »

Well, if we had to lynch a townie, thank god we lynched the curser! One less chicken running around.

Vote: Insomniac, scummiest of all scum or I'm a chicken's uncle.

He/him

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: November 02, 2012, 05:10:38 pm »

I can't believe you guys lynched like that... Not necessarily that you lynched Archetype, but that you rushed into it so much! How about next time we let a little bit more discussion happen before the hammer drops.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1485 on: November 02, 2012, 05:42:46 pm »

Hi there, mafia eHalc from MVI.

You make all these analyses and still cast no votes?

Perhaps not a big deal, but I do want to clarify this for you and I believe it is what Galz objected to with his chickening. So I posted this and then followed it up with this post:

so of everyone alive, the strikethrough voted for ashersky yesterday:

shrayeye, insomniac, jotheonah, grujah, yuma, Archetype, Cuzz, eevee galzria

meaning that either the scumteam is archetype/Galz/ash or there was bussing yesterday. Galz said he was willing to put ash to L-1, but wasn't willing to put him to lynch. If Galz was scum he was put into an interesting position. Does he hammer his scummate without giving him an opportunity to talk? Or does he not vote? I would expect scumGalz to be willing to hammer a scummate. But would he be willing to hammer him so quick? Hmmm... this is sort of a toss up for me and would like to hear thoughts about it from others.

If the scumteam isn't Galz/archetype then like I said bussing occurred. I think the most likely bussers are insomniac--for only voting realy late--or cuzz for being on and off repeatedly and off at the end.

Right now I would be comfortable with a archetype, cuzz or insomniac vote. But would like to go back and look at each a bit more in depth specifically. Galz is after these three players I think.

wherein I do not vote but explain that I wanted to take a more in depth look at each individually, which you guys prevented me from doing by voting so stinking early!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: November 02, 2012, 05:54:05 pm »

Yes, Archetype putting CF on his scummy list was ridiculous.  It seems like he was so focused on trying to keep his "reads" consistent, that he didn't notice who died, or let the lynch even change his opinion of other things.  I'm highly suspicious of this, and combined with his weird business regarding talking to the PRs, I agree with
Vote: ARchetype

I feel comfortable with a vote: shraeye. He sheeped through all of yesterday, but this sheep was the worst

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: November 02, 2012, 06:47:20 pm »

Yes, Archetype putting CF on his scummy list was ridiculous.  It seems like he was so focused on trying to keep his "reads" consistent, that he didn't notice who died, or let the lynch even change his opinion of other things.  I'm highly suspicious of this, and combined with his weird business regarding talking to the PRs, I agree with

I feel comfortable with a vote: shraeye. He sheeped through all of yesterday, but this sheep was the worst
I think that's funny, because it wasn't even the sheepiest vote I made during day2.  It may even be the least sheepy vote I made day 2.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: November 02, 2012, 07:18:49 pm »

thoughts:
2 mafia out of 7.  Looking at the wagons:
Robz (PR): ash (scum-lynched day 2), Galz, Volt (VT killed Night1), joth, grujah, Frisk (PR killed night2), eevee (PR-killed night3)
Ashersky (scum): gruj, frisk(PR-night2), eevee(PR night3), shray, Insom, joth
Archetype (VT): cuzz, shray, galz, joth, insom

Looking at the list of players, I'd say that Grujah is my biggest townread.  He got heavy suspicion for being on Robz wagon near the end, but we already saw that Frisk/Eevee were also in late positions on that wagon.  Ashersky was the first on Robz, and obviously never unvoted once he heard Robz claim PR.  I suspect that if there are more scum on this wagon, they are more likely to be Galz and joth than Grujah.

Yuma is the only player to have avoided both town wagons so far, but he also wasn't on the ashersky wagon.  Also, we cut him off yesterday before he could do some analysis he was planning on doing.

My biggest scumread is Galzria.  He was on both townie wagons, off of the ashersky wagon, and is in a position early on Robz's wagon.  He was super weird around the claims of ash/eevee/frisk as well. 

On an individual level, I still find Eevee the scummiest. However I also find his claim to be slightly more believable than Ashersky.

Ashersky also has the fact that he was chickened at a time when it looked like we were going to trust all chickens (at the very least not lynch them).

Of the three, I think Ashersky has the highest chance of being a lie, but I'm willing to lynch Eevee off base scumminess as well. CF I think will have to wait until another day, or hopefully he'll be able to prove his claim.
Haven't caught up yet, but starting to read. My biggest scum read yesterday was Eevee, which I was obviously wrong on. Following him were Arch and Ash. Ash went down as scum, and others have drawn connections to Arch over it. I need to reread him still, but that would be my preferred direction today based on what I've seen and feel from days past.
The thing about Eevee... Is he was willing to actually claim his role right after claiming PR - no thought of a counter-claim... Or at least, no worry of one. Which makes me think his PR claim is true(r).
He is constantly flipping around ashersky and eevee.  He says that eevee's claim rings truest of the three, but that eevee is his #1 scum read while ashersky was his #3 read.  And his vote ends up on Archetype on day 2.  Seriously, go back and read some of the comments that he put down near the end of day 2.

[BY FRISK]
This actually really interesting.  Forcing claims today will prevent mislynch tomorrow, but will guarantee that the cutpurse dies tonight.

if asher is town - then we absolutely want the claims.  If asher is scum, we don't.  Because i believe asher is scum, I'm willing to chance it.
This is exactly what I'm teetering on. Town Ash = claiming good. Scum Ash = claiming bad.
Why teeter, if you think ashersky is your 3rd biggest scumread?  And when ashersky is at L-1 and Insomniac gives intent to hammer
3.5 hours to go, right? We should wait for Ashersky to respond if possible... Although outside of actually forcing claims, I don't know what would change.

Another interesting aspect of Galzria that pops out as I scroll through his posts, is that he is very often talking to or responding to Insomniac.  This along with Insom's bus-type position on ashersky make me slightly suspicious of insom as well.

Vote: Galzria

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: November 02, 2012, 07:25:49 pm »

Looking at other people based mostly on my rememberance and their wagon positions.
yuma [mostly neutral, slightly town]
galz [huge scumread]
insom [light suspicion]
grujah[very town]
joth[medium scumread, had an early place on Robz and kept it despite claim shenanigans; classic bus position on ashersky]
cuzz[neutral--very minor suspicion for being on eevee at end of day 2, offset by being in the least suspicious position on archetype lynch]

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: November 02, 2012, 07:37:01 pm »

Chicken vote: Shraeye

Chicken vote: Insomniac

Chicken vote: Jotheonah

Chicken Vote: Shrayeye
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: November 02, 2012, 07:45:38 pm »

Chicken Vote: Yuma

Chicken
Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken
Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken
Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken Chicken

Chicken

Chicken Vote: Shraeye

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: November 02, 2012, 08:34:36 pm »

vote: Shraeye

FYI I quick hammered because Eevee wasn't cursed. And if he's cursed he can't dive. Mafia was counting on a longer day to curse later

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: November 02, 2012, 08:50:22 pm »

shraeye allow me to clarify:

The case on archetype by Cuzz, is as follows:

Also do you really think ash would have put his scumbuddy at the bottom of his suspicion list?

Yes, I absolutely do. I also think scum Arch would adamantly say "I don't like the Ash lynch, we should lynch Frisk, Galz, or Eevee instead".

I also note that he was a very high suspect of both Robz AND CF, for very different reasons.

I'll be putting a full case together with quotes later on the plethora of things that have stood out in his posts.

And speaking of posts, there's been a whopping total of 39. Next lowest is Yuma, at 57, then Joth/Shraeye/Cuzz at nearly double Arch's, in their 70's.

at least half of jos have to be simply chickenvoting for the person he's already voting for :P

Well, the poor guy has been a chicken for like half the game. Which makes Archetype's post count in comparison all the more damning.

Archetype: you still have yet to explain your opposition to the ashersky lynch. Opposing a scum lynch isn't necessarily scummy in and of itself since only scum knows scum for sure, but to do so without reason or explanation is suspicious.

While I'm on Archetype, I find this post really odd (emphasis added):

Hm, looks like Asher put me as his lowest scum read. This doesn't make me look good. :P

Pearl Diver, don't tell who you are. Eevee, if you are indeed the Pearl Diver, what results have you gathered.

I could see Grujah being scum. IIRC, Asher didnt get on the Grujah wagon, and he doesn't seem like the kind of person to throw his buddy under the bus.

Vote: Grujah

Quick Town reads: Cuzz, Yuma, Shraeye, Eevee (if no one counterclaims)
Scum reads: Grujah and Captain_Frisk
A bit neutral on everyone else

The bolded parts seems to demonstrate a lack of knowledge of the game-state and make no sense at all. a. Pearl diver is not an investigative role, b. Eevee already claimed pearl diver, c. You ask the pearl diver to not reveal himself, while asking Eevee to give information if he is pearl diver. These requests are incompatible. And finally d. Arch continues his D2 tunneling of dead confirmed-townie Frisk, later claiming this was a mistake.

This post on its own could be evidence of scum or bad town play, but Archetype's lurky behavior in general (and the ash defense) has been seeming quite scummy to me anyway.

Vote: Archetype

to which you responded and quoted the above:

the reason I find this sheep the worst is because you contradict the very quote that you sheep. In Cuzz's analysis he determines that Archetype's putting CF on his scummy list and lack of knowledge about the game was more likely just bad town play and not the real basis of Cuzz's vote. However, this is what you jump on exclusively in your vote. Cuzz's vote is more based on lurkiness and defense of ash, whereas your vote only involves his CF read and talking to PRs. You saw a wagon form and joined it w/o really looking into what the case was.

The other sheeps aren't great either as you don't provide any unique info. But at least you don't contradict the quote you sheep there. I find all three of your sheeps suspicious, but I am voting you because of your bad sheep on archetype and because it was archetype that eventually was lynched. That automatically makes it worse.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: November 02, 2012, 09:54:11 pm »

Chicken.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: November 02, 2012, 09:59:37 pm »

Am I right in thinking my priate little war against Insom isn't really going anywhere? He did derphammer yesterday.

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: November 02, 2012, 10:17:03 pm »

Vote: Insomniac

For previous stuff and so.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: November 02, 2012, 11:43:51 pm »

FYI I quick hammered because Eevee wasn't cursed. And if he's cursed he can't dive. Mafia was counting on a longer day to curse later

@JO

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: November 03, 2012, 12:07:03 am »

I almost believed that.

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: November 03, 2012, 02:54:41 am »

I believe it.  That's pretty clever, Insom.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 20 queries.