Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165419 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 2)
« Reply #1350 on: October 30, 2012, 12:35:33 pm »

Well Jo has gone retarded. I guess I'll sheep Frisk and hope for the best since no one wants to listen to logic today.

Vote: ashersky
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 30, 2012, 12:41:10 pm »

Chicken vote: Insomniac
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 30, 2012, 12:41:39 pm »

Chicken vote: ashersky
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 30, 2012, 12:44:06 pm »

THREAD LOCKED

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 30, 2012, 12:53:04 pm »

ashersky (6): Grujah, Captain_Frisk, Eevee, shraeye, Insomniac, jotheonah
Captain_Frisk (1): Archetype
Galzria (1): ashersky
Eevee (1): Cuzz
Archetype (2): Galzria, yuma

ashersky had only just changed his pants when he heard a knock at the door.

"One second," he shouted.

Instead of patiently waiting whoever was visiting him started knocking really loudly. Really really loudly, like they were trying to break the door down. ashersky looked out the window. The whole town was there, and they were trying to break the door down!

"Uh oh," he gulped.

He opened the window and shouted, "Guys you shouldn't kill me! I have a really compelling reason why you shouldn't! Remember when you killed Robz, that went terribly! It's basically the same thing. We should all become pacifists."

ashersky's shouts were indiscernible to most of the villagers who couldn't hear them over the sound of kicking the door and their own shouts, but they were enough to draw the attention of a couple of the villagers, one who walked over and pulled ashersky out the window onto the street.

"Didn't you hear me?" shouted ashersky, "Pacifism is the answer! Pacifism is the answer!"

The town did not agree.

ashersky, the Sea Hag, has been killed.

Currently Cursed: jotheonah, Grujah

Enjoy night people. Night actions are due in by 11 am tomorrow. We'll start d3 noon tomorrow. (All times in PDT. +3 for forum time).

Thread still locked
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 07:50:02 pm by Jorbles »

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Night 2)
« Reply #1355 on: October 31, 2012, 02:58:53 pm »

Day 3 Start

The townspeople celebrated in a night of revelry the death of Ashersky and the end of the Sea Hag curse. When they woke in the morning for a hangover brunch without chicken products in it (fried anchovies for all!) they noticed that there was an empty chair at the table.

They assumed that there was simply a townsperson who hadn't been willing to rouse himself out of bed. So they traipsed over to his hut to wake him up. They got no reply so they stepped inside.

In the doorway of the house was a doll filled with pins. As they opened the door they found a small room with a pile of wallets and purses strewn about, face down in the middle of the room was a corpse with holes in its body where the pins entered the doll.

Captain_Frisk, the Fishing Village-aligned Cutpurse, has been killed.

Not Voting (9): Grujah, Eevee, shraeye, Insomniac, jotheonah, Archetype, Cuzz, Galzria, yuma

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Curse deadline: Thursday Nov 1, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Nov 6, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

Thread Unlocked

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 31, 2012, 03:04:47 pm »

I'm dissapointed Eevee didn't save Frisk.

I THINK I'm wrong about Galz because ash was voting for Galz when the day ended and when Galz was very close to self destructing, similarily I think Galz would have been more keen to bus his buddy under the suspicion Galz has. So I'm gonna go look at ash's interactiosn day 1 as well.

"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 31, 2012, 03:05:18 pm »

Meh, mafia didn't get WIFOM'd. :(

I guess... vote: shraeye or Ins.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 31, 2012, 03:13:06 pm »

OK ash's fos/votes and other notes (he had a lot of fluff/chicken talk)

Day 1
FOS: shraeye.
Mentions Grujah being lurky
Vote: shraeye
Vote: Robz
Asks where Grujah/yuma are
Near deadline mentions Robz/Jo/Grujah could gain traction
Vote: Jotheonah
Vote: Robz

Day 2
Town Reads: Grujah/Eevee/Arch
Vote: Galzria (3rd vote)

Lists suspicions towniest to scummiest archetype<eevee< grujah<insomniac<yuma< jotheonah< cuzz< shraeye<Captain Frisk<Galzria

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 31, 2012, 03:13:21 pm »

Grujah, the Talking Chicken, is now hated (only 4 votes are needed for lynching a hated player). Penalties for this offense will escalate with each breaking of it. Grujah's hated status will not be lifted until someone dies.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 31, 2012, 03:15:22 pm »

Terrible guess.  Tell me the reason why you think this vote is right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 31, 2012, 03:17:30 pm »

Now, I suspect with the list ash gave on day 2 we can assume that he would have put one scum buddy low and one high

arch?<town<gruj?<insom(town)<yuma?<joth?<cuzz?<shraeye?<town<Galz?

I suspect therefore that arch or grujah is scum from the low end. I don't think ash would have put his scum buddy on the very bottom as thats super suspicious post flip, and his interactions with grujah strike me as one that would happen between a player who rolled his first scum roll. Therefore

Vote: Grujah

Additionally Grujah never struck me as town as a lot of people gave him credit for. I do not think putting yourself at risk when you have a bunch of votes near the deadline buys him town status because he knew full well Robz would get lynched and that we would never lynch him day 2 for his offer.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 31, 2012, 03:21:57 pm »

I realized that Grujah's response will be coming back in chicken, so quote me 1 or more posts of mine that make this vote feel right to, using our chicken setup.

It feels really scummy to show up and say "dangalang, mafia hit the PR we hoped they didn't. oh yes, also vote for somebody who was advocating the ashersky lynch for a very long time yesterday"

Vote: Grujah

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 31, 2012, 03:24:26 pm »

That is L-2 as Grujah is hated.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: October 31, 2012, 03:33:43 pm »

As there's no impending deadline, I'll catch up to this a bit later. There's other things demanding my time.

I'm furious however that you all went and lynched in the 20 minute window I was away driving. I have a reputation of being on more lynches than anybody, and my percentage correct is relatively high. You all made me miss an opportunity simply because I wanted to use the extra time to at least give Ash a chance to respond!

Bah Humbug to you all! You're costing me on my leaderboard percentages!

(No, I'm not really THAT vain or egotistical).
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: October 31, 2012, 03:40:45 pm »

Chicken Chicken.

Vote: Galzria

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: October 31, 2012, 05:26:53 pm »

Anybody out there?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: October 31, 2012, 06:19:13 pm »

Upon reread, I think Insomniac looks most like potential mafia based on end of D2.

-Just after Frisk claims PR, he tries to nudge lynch toward Eevee, but hedgily (is that a word?) offers potential support for ashersky lynch. Also seems not to consider the possibility that Frisk could be lying, as if he knew Frisk to be town:

vote: ashersky

You don't think it's more likely Eevee? Will vote ashersky now though if people prefer it.

-Rolefishes like crazy after the vague claims came out, pushing hard for fullclaims from everyone after we had all decided not to do that. Then this, which contradicts the quote above:

I do not foresee myself voting for a PR without having a 1-1 scenario.

which he later contradicted again by voting ashersky anyway.

-These next two posts speak for themselves:

I just realized there is no possible world in which ashersky is lying. Explain post coming

Assume ashersky is lying. That means 1 of Eevee/CF is the cutpurse and the other is the pearl diver. This is fine so far. However the town consensus WAS to shoot ashersky yesterday while cursed. Once that consensus had been reached BOTH of CF and Eevee had been online BEFORE the curse came off. Therefore if one of Eevee/CF is the cutpurse they defied towns request and DIDN'T shoot ash. That doesn't make sense from a town standpoint.

This leads me to conclude that Ashersky SHOULDN'T (95/100 times) be the liar.

This argument was obviously wrong in retrospect, and based on the very flawed assumption that everyone had agreed that the cutpurse shoot ashersky. This would be a very bold and desperate scumplay by Insomniac to try to save his scumbuddy. It doesn't quite seem like scum Insomniac, but I could see him trying something crazy like this to shake up his style.

-Finally when the lynch looks inevitable he hops on the wagon, perhaps fearful that the above behavior will look much worse if ashersky flips scum and Insomniac is not on the wagon.

Well Jo has gone retarded. I guess I'll sheep Frisk and hope for the best since no one wants to listen to logic today.

Vote: Insomniac

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: October 31, 2012, 06:20:59 pm »

Upon reread, I think Insomniac looks most like potential mafia based on end of D2.

-Just after Frisk claims PR, he tries to nudge lynch toward Eevee, but hedgily (is that a word?) offers potential support for ashersky lynch. Also seems not to consider the possibility that Frisk could be lying, as if he knew Frisk to be town:

vote: ashersky

You don't think it's more likely Eevee? Will vote ashersky now though if people prefer it.

-Rolefishes like crazy after the vague claims came out, pushing hard for fullclaims from everyone after we had all decided not to do that. Then this, which contradicts the quote above:

I do not foresee myself voting for a PR without having a 1-1 scenario.

which he later contradicted again by voting ashersky anyway.

-These next two posts speak for themselves:

I just realized there is no possible world in which ashersky is lying. Explain post coming

Assume ashersky is lying. That means 1 of Eevee/CF is the cutpurse and the other is the pearl diver. This is fine so far. However the town consensus WAS to shoot ashersky yesterday while cursed. Once that consensus had been reached BOTH of CF and Eevee had been online BEFORE the curse came off. Therefore if one of Eevee/CF is the cutpurse they defied towns request and DIDN'T shoot ash. That doesn't make sense from a town standpoint.

This leads me to conclude that Ashersky SHOULDN'T (95/100 times) be the liar.

This argument was obviously wrong in retrospect, and based on the very flawed assumption that everyone had agreed that the cutpurse shoot ashersky. This would be a very bold and desperate scumplay by Insomniac to try to save his scumbuddy. It doesn't quite seem like scum Insomniac, but I could see him trying something crazy like this to shake up his style.

-Finally when the lynch looks inevitable he hops on the wagon, perhaps fearful that the above behavior will look much worse if ashersky flips scum and Insomniac is not on the wagon.

This I can get behind.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: October 31, 2012, 06:22:42 pm »

Shrug not scum. Lynch Grujah when I flip town

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: October 31, 2012, 06:25:25 pm »

Also with the way shraeye is sheeping I nominate him for the high level scum on ash's list, but thats far less certain than Grujah

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: October 31, 2012, 06:33:05 pm »

I've wanted out of this town since day 1 when it became apparent we were stupid enough to lynch a PR claim on day 1. So I'm still ok with an Insomniac lynch

The scum team is Ash/Grujah/X, and I think X is likely shraeye.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: October 31, 2012, 06:33:52 pm »

Secondary scumread on Archetype. Last two posts are below

I'm not ok with an ashersky lynch, wouldnt mind a Galz lynch, and prefer a Captain_Frisk.

I don't have time to do a big response now (phone posting), I'll have to do it tommorow, but:

Not ok with an ashersky lynch.
Fine with a Galzria or Eevee lynch, the case on them is convincing.
More keen on a C_F lynch. My read on him hasn't changed at all.

I saw some stuff about claiming, can't counter-claim anyone, I'm a FV.

Jo being cursed...again. I don't think it's the random voter twice, pretty sure Mafia just wants him shutup. What were his reads pre-chicken\post-chicken? I know one of the post reads is a scum read on me, but I don't know of any others.

He says twice that he doesn't want to lynch ashersky, without offering any reason. In between those two posts joth and I both asked him to explain, which he chose not to do in his second post. This seems odd as I thought ashersky was objectively pretty damn scummy yesterday. He also somewhat tunneled confirmed-town Frisk yesterday.

Oh, and he's by far posted the least out of anyone still alive. Less than half as much as me, and I have something a lurking meta anyway.

Major FoS: Archetype. I'd be comfortable lynching him or Insomniac today.

PPE: several

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: October 31, 2012, 06:39:57 pm »

Vote Count 3.1:

Galzria (1): Grujah
Insomniac (3): Cuzz, shraeye, Insomniac

Not Voting (5): Eevee, jotheonah, Archetype, Galzria, yuma

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Curse deadline: Thursday Nov 1, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Nov 6, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.