Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165881 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 2)
« Reply #1225 on: October 29, 2012, 05:42:31 pm »

Here now. Some IRL trouble.

I don't know what to tell you Insomniac. Are you saying I should have led it slide to nolynch? I was asking for advice from everyone at the time.

...I was telling you over and over that no lynch was better...Or even still lynch me, you didn't listen and hammered our cop.
I thought you insisting on getting yourself lynched was so unreasonable it sort of made me care less about your other points. I don't remember if you ever explicitly said you think I should nolynch, but fair enough, I guess it was implied. It's weird, because even though you are on the opposite ends of the spectrum in the robz-matter, I kind of disagree with you both. Agree more with you than Galzria obviously.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: October 29, 2012, 05:51:19 pm »

Ok that was a no to me.

What I mean is that if you are responding to someone the protocol is to chicken vote for them in case your response might be ambiguous.

He's being stubborn and angry at being chickened again, I believe.

Understandable. It was frustrating for me.

That said Grujah/Jo which was the mafia target

My guess here would be Jo=Mafia chicken. Although the random odds of hitting him at each roll are the same as anybody, I could just very well see a Sea Hag strategy that locks onto the first /random chicken and then tries to frame him. As I think that our belief that Joth = Random and Volt = planned D1 is accurate, I am inclined to believe Grujah = random and Joth = planned today.

I could be completely off however and Joth could be scum who cursed himself both days. But the above would be my best guess.
I agree with this theory.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: October 29, 2012, 05:52:19 pm »

I don't know what to tell you Insomniac. Are you saying I should have led it slide to nolynch? I was asking for advice from everyone at the time.

...I was telling you over and over that no lynch was better...Or even still lynch me, you didn't listen and hammered our cop.
Agreed.  No lynch is better.  I'm going to go check to see how long you waited from "ask for advice" and "hammer."

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: October 29, 2012, 05:56:13 pm »

Vote Count 2.5

ashersky (4): yuma, jotheonah, Cuzz, Grujah
Captain_Frisk (1): Archetype
Galzria (4): Captain_Frisk, ashersky, Eevee, Galzria
Eevee (2): shraeye, Insomniac

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: jotheonah, Grujah

Curse deadline: Thursday Nov 1, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 30, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: October 29, 2012, 05:56:58 pm »

Hey Galz you have a chance to tie your wagon in size with Eevees if you move your vote, what say you? Vote for your number 1 scum read?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: October 29, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »

I thought you insisting on getting yourself lynched was so unreasonable it sort of made me care less about your other points. I don't remember if you ever explicitly said you think I should nolynch, but fair enough, I guess it was implied. It's weird, because even though you are on the opposite ends of the spectrum in the robz-matter, I kind of disagree with you both. Agree more with you than Galzria obviously.

Vote: Eevee  There is just so much bad.

Here's eevee asking if he should really hammer.
Eevee is at 4, I tihnk.

Though, why am I falling for Robz trap to go from him into quicklynch?

Vote: Robz
I trust you are town. Should I agree to hammer Robz even if I think his claim is pretty plausible?
And here's him 7 minutes later hammering
Vote: Robz

Lets roll the dice.

Oh, and that's not the worst.  Here's eevee saying no lynch is better than townie lynch.
We only have 20 minutes left...you can still lynch me
You are not playing to your wincon buddy. No lynch is better than than a townie lynch, isn't it?

And here's Insomniac saying that Eevee shouldn't lynch, and Eevee treating this point like it's reasonable, instead of ignoring it as Eevee said in the first quote in this post.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #1231 on: October 29, 2012, 06:02:54 pm »

Vote: Galzria Grujah, Robz and Insomniac all seem town to me in the end. Add me to the list, and we have a pretty good chance of finding scum tomorrow even if we nolynch like it looks like it's going to be..

Oh and here's you saying Robz seems town to you 19 minutes before hammering

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: October 29, 2012, 06:04:40 pm »

So no lynch is better than townie lynch, Robz seems town to Eevee, yet Eevee still hammers...?  I'm now dedicated to lynching Eeve.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: October 29, 2012, 06:06:02 pm »

What in the world?

a) I hammered 3 minutes 10 seconds before the deadline.

b) Insomniac wasn't asking me to nolynch. He was asking me to lynch himself, someone I strongly (and he even more strongly I would imagine) felt was town. Never did he say I should nolynch rather than lynch Robz.

c) I explained it yesterday. My gut felt like Robz was town, but my brain said scum Robz would be able to / could be playing me like a puppet. Grujah and Ins were my two biggest townreads and nolynch is bad. I decided to go for Robz.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: October 29, 2012, 06:06:35 pm »

So no lynch is better than townie lynch, Robz seems town to Eevee, yet Eevee still hammers...?  I'm now dedicated to lynching Eeve.
Town doesn't know other people's alignments. Robz felt towny to me, but he was less of a townread than Grujah or Insomniac, the alternatives.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: October 29, 2012, 06:09:28 pm »

Eevee don't do it

Scum lynch>VT Lynch>No Lynch>PR lynch>IC Lynch

I rest my case.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: October 29, 2012, 06:11:33 pm »

Eevee don't do it

Scum lynch>VT Lynch>No Lynch>PR lynch>IC Lynch

I rest my case.
As I said, you trying to make us lynch yourself made listening to reasonable points like this rather hard.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: October 29, 2012, 06:11:52 pm »

But I don't know, in retrospect / with more time.. maybe I wouldn't have hammered. I don't know.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: October 29, 2012, 06:15:05 pm »

But I don't know, in retrospect / with more time.. maybe I wouldn't have hammered. I don't know.

...I'm not sure I get what your saying here.

In retrospect you can see 20/20 so your saying maybe you wouldnt have but maybe you would have hammered the town cop?

Also Eevee I was super frustrated that people were gonna lynch a PR its the stupidest thing a town can do day 1.

Beyond the shadow of a doubt if someone claims a PR on day 1 there is no point in lynching them and its ridiculous to think otherwise so because the town was going to lynch a PR I wanted out of the game.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: October 29, 2012, 06:15:21 pm »

Chicken vote: ashersky
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: October 29, 2012, 06:16:36 pm »

Yea I get it Jo, you won't listen to any cases, contribute meaningfully or vote anywhere other than where you have your vote when you become a chicken.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: October 29, 2012, 06:17:54 pm »

...I'm not sure I get what your saying here.

In retrospect you can see 20/20 so your saying maybe you wouldnt have but maybe you would have hammered the town cop?

Also Eevee I was super frustrated that people were gonna lynch a PR its the stupidest thing a town can do day 1.

Beyond the shadow of a doubt if someone claims a PR on day 1 there is no point in lynching them and its ridiculous to think otherwise so because the town was going to lynch a PR I wanted out of the game.
If I got to play the spot again, without the knowledge of Robz's flip but with more time and a clearer head. I meant to say I'm still not 100% it was even a mistake. Maybe it was, but the thing is, with no doctors Robz was as good as dead anyways if he is the cop, so it's certainly a lot different than the same situation with protective roles.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: October 29, 2012, 06:19:23 pm »

He didn't claim cop eevee he claimed generic PR, so why lynch him.

If he's a real PR mafia have incentive to kill him. If they don't on day 2 he full claims and risks being counterclaimed. There is no scenario where lynchiing Robz makes more sense than lynching him. None.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: October 29, 2012, 06:20:36 pm »

Ugh.

There is no scenario where lynching Robz makes more sense than letting him live. None*

*Unless you are Mafia.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: October 29, 2012, 07:15:30 pm »

Hey Galz you have a chance to tie your wagon in size with Eevees if you move your vote, what say you? Vote for your number 1 scum read?

Sorry, went for a run, just caught up. I would absolutely lynch my #1 scum read: Vote: Eevee.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: October 29, 2012, 07:57:19 pm »

Frisk just mentioned he'd lost power and was disappearing in V/LA thread. Is anyone (else?) in the path of Sandy and expecting to disappear due to power outages? I am considering extending things for this.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: October 29, 2012, 08:30:31 pm »

Frisk just mentioned he'd lost power and was disappearing in V/LA thread. Is anyone (else?) in the path of Sandy and expecting to disappear due to power outages? I am considering extending things for this.

Still have power for now. Doubt it will go out at this point but it's possible.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: October 29, 2012, 08:31:34 pm »

Anybody else up for an Eevee lynch?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: October 29, 2012, 08:39:05 pm »

Okay, was able to catch up on this.  Let me first say, it sucks being chickened.  Hard to communicate, even with the system we've set up.

Reading through, here are two things that stuck out to me:

1 -- The Eevee vs. Insom thing reads town on town to me.  I don't see the Eevee case as strong, and with Shraeye really pushing it (tunnelling, even), I suspect it even more.  Insom reads town, I've thought Eevee read town up to now, so I don't know where that wagon is headed, but I'm not really comfortable with it.

2 -- Grujah made a few good points that didn't get discussed before he got chickened--in 1154, he points out that he's getting no traction on the Shraeye case he's made (and I've mentioned before): namely that Shraeye is posting completely differently than his usual style, with no long, analytical posts that we've come to expect.  No response to that.  In 1182, he refers to Galzria's self-vote as a "scumbluff," which I think is a spot-on read there.

I've got a few posts on me to respond to as well.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: October 29, 2012, 08:42:36 pm »

Anybody else up for an Eevee lynch?

I'd prefer ashersky based on behavior today, but Eevee was my biggest scumread D1 and did hammer our cop, so yes I can support this.

Vote: Eevee

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 22 queries.