Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 164647 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 2)
« Reply #1100 on: October 26, 2012, 01:59:04 am »

More than that, the fact that Frisk hadn't responded well to any comments at least up through my post (he did respond to Shraeye) looked bad.  His reactions to others was scummy.
I thought Frisk's response to me was pretty good though.  Did you think it was good, or was there something you didn't like about it?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: October 26, 2012, 01:59:31 am »

This game is semi-turbo, so we should get a move on. Deadline is next tuesday!

Nothing has changed for me, except that ashersky's defense felt ok on a gut level, so I would maybe prefer a Galzria lynch.
Hmm, ashersky's defense felt not ok on a gut level to me actually.  I didn't like what felt like an appeal to my emotions in the beginning, when he says that people always suspect asher and shraeye as scummy althought they are town.  It feels designed to play off the fact that I'm attracting heat as I always seem to do.  But yet at the end of his post #1040 (hah, taxes...) he still posts a scumread on me.  So why does he put the part about me being scummy-looking town in the top?  That's not his stated opinion of me in this game, that's literally just an argument designed to get me to feel like unvoting.

I'll respond on this.  The first bit and second bit can be separate, of course.  I don't think I'm wrong in what I've mentioned.  We've played enough games together.  In MX I was the doctor and everyone (even spec QT) was convinced I was scum.  That's my meta, I think---town PR that seems scummy.  You get a lot of heat for your tone and style, as noted in every game you've played.

My scumread on you is based on the fact that you don't seem the way you normally do.  You aren't abrasive and mean this game, yet.  (Well, maybe some more recently, yelling at Insom).  But definitely not on D1.

So that's why I mention the two.  And those are my reads.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: October 26, 2012, 02:02:11 am »

More than that, the fact that Frisk hadn't responded well to any comments at least up through my post (he did respond to Shraeye) looked bad.  His reactions to others was scummy.
I thought Frisk's response to me was pretty good though.  Did you think it was good, or was there something you didn't like about it?

Not really good, no.  It was snarky ("...because you asked nicely..."), full of one-liners with no content ("still false" and "specifics please"), and what was there was just info, not analysis.  It ends with his Arch vote, but no real basis other than "scumslip" which I don't ever buy into and "bad argument about me" stuff.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: October 26, 2012, 02:10:40 am »

I don't understand, asher.  Why does Frisk's defense of himself need analysis.  This is a decent defense, I feel.  His "case" on archetype, I agree is bad.  I think the only part of his "case" on archetype that sounded good was the scumslip part, but in my mind I read that post a different non-scumslip way.  When Archetype responded, I saw that I was correct in my non-scumslip interpretation.  So if you ignore the part where he's sending suspicion at Archetype and just focus on Frisk defending himself from Archetype's accusations, it still looks bad?

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags
« Reply #1104 on: October 26, 2012, 02:57:58 am »

There seems to be some confusion about Cursing:

New Mechanics:
All players must read this section. It is a completely new mechanic and you need to know it.

Cursing:
Sea Hags have the ability to Curse and may target any player with this Curse including themselves. Deadlines for cursing will be 3 real life days apart, always taking place at noon PST. Sea Hags may submit their factional Curse at any time by PMing the mods to have it go through at the next deadline. If multiple Sea Hags attempt to Curse at the same deadline only the first received Curse will be used. The thread will occasionally lock during the day to resolve day actions. The Sea Hag faction will be able to Curse a player once per day/night cycle with the ability resetting at the beginning of each day. In addition to the Sea Hag Curse there will be a second Curse in the game from the Curser who will always Curse a player randomly at deadline.

The Sea Hag faction doesn't get to Curse for every deadline. They have the option to, but if they use it and there's another deadline before night falls they have already used up their Curse for the day. The Curser can and will Curse compulsively and randomly at every deadline.

Robz888 was not the Curser. If he was, I would have mentioned it when he flipped. The Curser could be any Fishing Village-aligned player (including Power Roles) except for the Ambassador (so Volt could not have been the Curser).

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: October 26, 2012, 03:47:15 am »

I don't understand, asher.  Why does Frisk's defense of himself need analysis.  This is a decent defense, I feel.  His "case" on archetype, I agree is bad.  I think the only part of his "case" on archetype that sounded good was the scumslip part, but in my mind I read that post a different non-scumslip way.  When Archetype responded, I saw that I was correct in my non-scumslip interpretation.  So if you ignore the part where he's sending suspicion at Archetype and just focus on Frisk defending himself from Archetype's accusations, it still looks bad?

I get your point.  Ignoring the scum slip thing and the "bad argument is bad" vote at the end, the post looks better, sure.  The "position on the wagon" portion is probably the best.  Still feels like he could have said more.  And of course we can't just ignore the sending suspicion Arch's way thing.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: October 26, 2012, 04:10:37 am »

And of course we can't just ignore the sending suspicion Arch's way thing.

That's true; it's just not good play to say "oh that case on me looked bad...it MUST be because it was scUMMY!!!!"  It's true that scum can push bad cases, but they can also build good ones.  Sometimes townies push bad cases as well.  Making a weak case is just not a strong scumtell inmy opinion.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: October 26, 2012, 04:12:39 am »

Sorry, the last sentence above sounded unclear on second look.  I probably should sleep at 4am instead of posting things.  Archetype making a case that I think Frisk accurately pointed out, does not make Archetype scummy. 

But to try to paint Archetype as scummy simply for making a weak case isn't a good idea.  Frisk, is there anything to your Archetype vote other than the "scumslip" and the fact taht he made a bad case?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: October 26, 2012, 08:20:50 am »

Hey guys, just getting caught up. A lot of good cases being made here. shraeye, have you responded to accusations that you're playing differently than normal this game?

Frisk's self-defense reads townish to me.

Other self-defenses, including ash's and Galzria's do not.  But I kind of think Galz is probably town anyway - I have a bad history of misreading that guy in both directions.

I want to FoS anyone who was pushing hard for my lynch while a chicken yesterday. It's not that there wasn't good reason to suspect me (or even quasi-policy lynch me on lurker grounds).  It's just that on DAY 1, it seems really foolhardy to lynch a person who can't contribute any day-ending helpful information when you have a whole town of non-chicken target to choose from.

Gonna go back and see who those folks were.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #1109 on: October 26, 2012, 08:38:40 am »

Well that wasn't helpful in the way I was hoping for. The first vote on me was Eevee - he apparently forgot I was a chicken and unvoted when he remembered. The main pusher on that wagon was Robz himself, and the most suspicious vote was Insomniac- who is now a chicken and by my own scruples not the best place to look for scum currently - although we should be weary of a lynch no chickens meta, for obvious reasons.

However, here is an Archetype quote that's relevant:

Did a bit of catching up, not too much for me to say except: I don't think Robz is scum.

I think scum found Robz as an easy bandwagon target and are using that to get him lynched. The same thing was going to happen to Grujah before he responded and the bandwagon got dropped.

I'm going to go back and check the people on the Grujah wagon, and those on the Robz wagon and see if I can find any similarities.

I think this invalidates the "scumslip" claim.  He explains why he's looking at those two wagons together.

Speaking of the Robz wagon, the person who loks really bad there, and on mine, is definitely ashersky. In rereading, he came off very scummy. He started the first Robz wagon at 467. And if you have a minute, skim pages 19 and 20 and that weird exchange between ash, Robz, and Eevee.

vote: ashersky
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #1110 on: October 26, 2012, 09:03:51 am »

Well that wasn't helpful in the way I was hoping for. The first vote on me was Eevee - he apparently forgot I was a chicken and unvoted when he remembered. The main pusher on that wagon was Robz himself, and the most suspicious vote was Insomniac- who is now a chicken and by my own scruples not the best place to look for scum currently - although we should be weary of a lynch no chickens meta, for obvious reasons.

However, here is an Archetype quote that's relevant:

Did a bit of catching up, not too much for me to say except: I don't think Robz is scum.

I think scum found Robz as an easy bandwagon target and are using that to get him lynched. The same thing was going to happen to Grujah before he responded and the bandwagon got dropped.

I'm going to go back and check the people on the Grujah wagon, and those on the Robz wagon and see if I can find any similarities.

I think this invalidates the "scumslip" claim.  He explains why he's looking at those two wagons together.

Speaking of the Robz wagon, the person who loks really bad there, and on mine, is definitely ashersky. In rereading, he came off very scummy. He started the first Robz wagon at 467. And if you have a minute, skim pages 19 and 20 and that weird exchange between ash, Robz, and Eevee.

vote: ashersky

Hmm you might be right about Arch's "scumslip." I also didn't realize he was referring to the really early Grujah wagon (there were a few). I actually thought there was scum there too regardless of Grujah's alignment. Unvote

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: October 26, 2012, 12:51:35 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

ashersky (4): Eevee, yuma, shraeye, jotheonah
Captain_Frisk (1): Archetype
Galzria (2): Captain_Frisk, Insomniac
shraeye (1): Grujah
Eevee (1): Galzria
Not voting (2): ashersky, Cuzz

With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: Insomniac

Curse deadline: Friday Oct 26, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 30, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: October 26, 2012, 03:02:38 pm »

Thread Locked.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: October 26, 2012, 03:04:19 pm »

The townspeople questioned Insomniac the chicken, but could get little of use from him. He just stared at some of the townspeople more fiercely than others and clucked. Eventually they got tired of questioning him and went back to investigating each other.

Insomniac wondered how much longer he was going to be a chicken. Not much it turned out, as he transformed back into a human. He picked up the egg he'd laid and wondered what to do with it. It seemed weird to eat it so he put it down. Ashersky wasn't sure what to do now that he was a chicken so he sat down on the egg Insomniac had placed on the ground and clucked to Insomniac, "Chicken, chicken chicken chicken."

Currently Cursed: ashersky

Curse deadline: Monday Oct 29, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 30, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

Thread Unlocked

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: October 26, 2012, 03:14:28 pm »

YAYAYAYAY I can talk!

So Galz/Grujah/Eevee you are the main persecutors of our cop and I will wholeheartedly only vote within this group today. Call it tunneling or what have you but one of you MUST be scum. perhaps 2.

Galz you charged head first at him and I won't say the case was bad because I definetly understood the case myself I do think you were stupid to continue to push him after he claimed PR in a very believable way. Also there is no excuse for lynching a claim PR day 1 let the night resolve itself.

Grujah - First of all don't tell me to STFU. And this lynching of our cop is all because you have the worst fucking meta about power roles and claiming. You are one of the main contributors to the Robz lynch and I highly suspect you to be scum.

Eevee - I told you not to hammer Robz you didn't listen, your play has been different then normal as town and that reads scum to me. Did I mention you hammered our god damn cop? Or that you hammered our Cop?

Vote: Galzria

Disclaimer: This post was designed for the beginning of day 2, and originally had also targeted Voltgloss. Obviously I was wrong on that front. Next post to contain more updated reads on the 3.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: October 26, 2012, 03:15:39 pm »

Galz: Posted ONCE all of day 2 until I voted him based on this and my above case. When I did he came in and posted a bunch. This is a lot like what Grujah did and Galz rightly called him out for in a game we can't currently talk too much about.

Grujah: I actually feel a bit more that he is town now but I'm still very wary of him. A bit more town doesn't mean I have a town read I just dont suspect him as much as I did at the beginning of the day.

Eevee: Has appealed to emotions to get people to unvote him, I don't like this at all so he is still way up on my suspicion list. (Top 2)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: October 26, 2012, 03:43:08 pm »

I WAS NOT THE MAIN PERSECUTOR OF ROBZ!!

Ins is still a semi-townread for me. Grujah is a BIG one. Still like my galZ vote!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: October 26, 2012, 03:43:29 pm »

also suspect archetype.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: October 26, 2012, 03:49:52 pm »

I haven't been posting a lot ANYWHERE Insomniac, this game isn't special. What I called Grujah on in the other game was being FORUM active, but THREAD lurking. The fact is:

A) I'm busy as hell.
B) When I am online, I'm checking 1001 different things.
C) Yeah, I'm a bit put off by Robz' flip, and really don't feel like coming out playing "follow the leader" after the events of D1.

Now, like I said, I simply will not apologize for lynching Robz. It sucked hardcore, but I don't feel unjustified given the way three last ~6 hours went down. I was freaking wrong, but I can't change that. Maybe you think it was stupid of me, and maybe you're right. But I would absolutely play it exactly the same if events unfolded in the same way in a future game.

I think you're absolutely right that the wagon wasn't driven by all town. I've made it clear my top scum read is Eevee. It's where my vote is, and I'm not honestly sure I like much of anyone nearly as much. I absolutely promise you however that lynching me will result in a second town lynch. So I would advise you to have a DAMN good plan going into D3 after I flip and reveal. My lynch is one that very, very easily could be driven by town, so a wagon against me wouldn't be terribly informative. Put another way, if I'm lynched, I would  (A) Lynch Eevee, and (B) look at the cross-section of those NOT on my wagon against those ON Robz.

And yes, I realize that your belief that I'm scum will taint anything I say NOW - but once I flip, I want you to have something concrete to go back and review. To you especially Insomniac - if I'm lynched, read what I've said carefully, and think how best to apply it.

Other than all that however, I don't know how much more there is for me to say. I put myself and town in a bad way. But I can't change that, nor do I have the same desire to push like hell today. So... Yeah.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: October 26, 2012, 04:01:34 pm »

Do we know for certain ashersky was the random target?

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: October 26, 2012, 04:46:56 pm »

Yes. But we don't know if the mafia also targeted him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: October 26, 2012, 05:14:01 pm »

still suspect Galzria.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: October 26, 2012, 05:17:46 pm »

Yes. But we don't know if the mafia also targeted him

False - the random curser could also be dead?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: October 26, 2012, 05:21:50 pm »

False, the random curser is revealed when killed.
Robz888 was not the Curser. If he was, I would have mentioned it when he flipped. The Curser could be any Fishing Village-aligned player (including Power Roles) except for the Ambassador (so Volt could not have been the Curser).

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: October 26, 2012, 05:23:13 pm »

False, the random curser is revealed when killed.

Thats what I get for responding without fully catching up.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 20 queries.