Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165836 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #625 on: October 22, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »

@joth -- can you give us your lynch list, like Volt, from least to most?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 22, 2012, 10:49:34 pm »

Joth - are you trying to point out post #s?

#397 was me saying that Jorbles is the best mod - which doesn't seem to particularly relevant here.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 22, 2012, 10:50:13 pm »

@Joth - as far as I can tell - you were trying to vote Voltgloss for post #407 - is that correct?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: October 22, 2012, 10:51:20 pm »

Chicken vote: Frisk

Chicken

Chicken unvote

chicken chicken chicken chicken

chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken

chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken

chicken

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: October 22, 2012, 10:53:08 pm »

And you are roleclaiming VT.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:11 pm »

That's the seven chickens after the four chickens, right?

What's the long line of chickens at the end mean?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: October 22, 2012, 10:55:53 pm »

The seven after the four is 4 0 7.  The 12 - 0 - 1 is the roleclaiming convention.  12 says he's roleclaiming, 1 says he's vanilla.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: October 22, 2012, 10:56:18 pm »

The seven after the four is 4 0 7.  The 12 - 0 - 1 is the roleclaiming convention.  12 says he's roleclaiming, 1 says he's vanilla.

At least - this is my belief.  Can you confirm Joth?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: October 22, 2012, 10:58:07 pm »

Chicken
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: October 22, 2012, 11:00:17 pm »

I don't know what to make of that "I won't roleclaim at L-1" -> "Okay I'm a VT" change of heart. But I'm inclined to believe it was because he figured we all guessed he is a VT anyways and didn't want it to seem like he is mafia holding the door open for a fakeclaim later. I believe Joth is sincere guys. (But he could be fooling me.)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: October 22, 2012, 11:00:36 pm »

So - I've voted for Volt in the past, and it does seem interesting that he put forward the method for communication right before getting cursed, as if he knew that he might be put out, but I don't see doing that as scum myself.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: October 22, 2012, 11:03:30 pm »

Vote: Archetype Lurking and scummy position on wagon.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: October 22, 2012, 11:14:31 pm »

now Eevee:

Vote: Grujah
L-3, maybe enough pressure votes for now but we are indeed serious.

His early "pressure" vote on Grujah this is called out a bit which he explains here...

I didn't mean to call it merely a pressure vote, if I gave that vibe it was a mistake or poor wording on my part. However, the entire case against Grujah was that he had logged in to the forums once without posting anything when the game had been on for five hours. You are all good players, but I still felt a need to warn to not get carried away. Maybe I was being overly cautious.

Volt is acting rather jumpy in this game, but might be because of rral life stress or something. Just something that has stood out to me twice now.

This post especially stood out to me as I mentioned before:
Wug the lynch deadline is tomorrow!?

Everyone abandon the Robz wagon asap or we won't have time to build a new one?
Vote: jotheonah no one is suspecting him, that's always scummy. Grujah was an ok place for my vote too.

an interesting interaction with cuzz

Cuzz says this:
I noticed this because I've been thinking for most of the day that the Grujah wagon might be a good place to scumhunt. And I mentioned in my analysis a few people who look suspicious after that event, Eevee in particular but Robz to some extent. And here he's basically trying to clear the whole wagon from suspicion.

I still personally find Eevee more suspicious, due to the Grujah thing and change in demeanor, but no one else has really expressed agreement. So I would be willing to go along with a Robz lynch.

to which eevee responded:

Cuzz, how is "the Grujah thing" more of a scum move than a townie mistake from me? I think it has blown out of proportion a bit anyways, I don't think it was THAT big of a deal.

Cuzz is actually looking scummy to me too, but it might only be because I think he unfairly suspects me.

Cuzz responds:
Because I have no clue of your alignment, Eevee, (though I do think you're more likely than anyone else to be scum) so you telling me that it's a "townie mistake" means nothing. Of course scum would claim a "townie mistake" when called out for scummy behavior. I found it scummy because you tried to hop right in the middle of a quickly growing wagon, while trying to steer attention away from your vote by saying it was for "pressure." I also just think that you don't seem like normal super friendly, townie Eevee this game. And I really don't see how genuine scumhunting on my part can be called "unfair."

After MXII when I was the only one to suspect Insomniac early, I'm trying this thing where I don't let my scumreads sputter out just because no one else agrees with me.

with eevee again responding with

I think I've been my friendly self apart from those two days where I behaving the same way in another game we shan't talk about now if anyone is following.

You still haven't explained to me the benefit of intentionally "making the mistake" as scum? Do you propose I was hoping the Grujah wagon takes off and covering for myself for the future when Grujah flips town? If so, why don't you have a town read on Grujah? Do you propose Grujah is my scumbuddy and I was trying to derail the lynch with the comment? If so, why did I vote for him?

For one, I don't think the comment was such a huge deal you are making it to be. And two, I don't think it tells anything about my alignment either way, because scum would get no benefit of doing it intentionally.

This argument is interesting as eevee brings up WIFOM as a defense, especially when he brings up the possibility of him and Grujah as scumbuddies. I am certainly not about to call out a scumpair, let's try to just get one scum for now, but Eevee's defense here seems to hinge on the idea of him voting for a scummate to be ridiculous when we have seen in recent FDS games that it is a viable strategy.

Obviously this isn't all of eevee's posts... but again not enough for me to change my vote, I would still put him toward the scummier side because some of his interactions with other players have been... well scummy feeling, but not enough to warrant a vote

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: October 22, 2012, 11:19:48 pm »

Yuma,, we weren't (well, at least I wasn't) talking about the fact I voted on Grujah. I was trying to ask Cuzz why he thinks my comment makes me seem like mafia. He hasn't answered that (which is why I feel he unjustly suspects me).

In short he has said he suspects me because of the Grujah incident, we have established the comment attached to the vote was a bad town play, but he hasn't responded I'd be more likely to make the comment if I was mafia.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: October 22, 2012, 11:20:14 pm »

This is a serious vote folks - I know time is short, but I don't see Joth as scum.  We always lynch VT claims, and they turn out town.  I'd rather policy lynch a lurker over policy lynch a VT claim.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: October 22, 2012, 11:24:38 pm »

That's ironic. I'm in the same position as you were on the Grujah wagon.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: October 22, 2012, 11:30:32 pm »

And Grujah:

First off originally I didn't put much stock into the Grujah drunk debate earlier in the day. Him being drunk obviously has no bearing on his alignment. However, I still don't understand why he--or anyone else for that matter--feels compelled to tell us when he is drunk posting. For me it means absolutely nothing. If you post it drunk or if you post it sober I will hold you just as accountable. That said, let's see what he has said, drunk or sober...

Grujah gets the votes on him and is pretty good at being active early on.

he gets an early, serious, vote down on insomniac:

Insomniac - way he protects me going L-1 is seemed fake. There was NO chance of quickhammer. Well, there was some, but I would give my life gladly if it meant catching scum. Any town would.

But honestly there just isn't a lot there... lot's of trying to figure out how to use chickentalk and I found this little gem

Now, I find these often "I'm going to reread all now, and than comment" a bit scummy, actually. Done this too much as scum. I can elaborate if necessary.

followed by:

Now, I REALLY have to study today, but I'll try to get around posting my views, after I review the situation.
on October 21; 9 am forum time

which he doesn't do unless you count this next post October 22; 6 pm forum time.

1. shraeye - I don't know, not much, slight scum vibe. Wouldn't object lynching, but not too hot about it.
2. Robz888 - Acting strangely, I hafta admit. Would lynch.
3. Voltgloss - Generally normal Volt, tries hard even as chicken, slight town read.
4. Eevee - Too cocky lately - would lynch.
5. yuma - invisible. Would lynch cuz he is known for this.
6. Galzria - Nothing too spectacular, generally town read. Wouldn't lynch.
7. Insomniac - Top lynch, overall scummy, stated reasons before, didn't improve.
8. ashersky - meh, his been making weird looking cases all around, on a scummy side, below Robz though, I think. Would lynch.
Also, recent reaction to jo's jo vote looks fake.
9. Captain_Frisk - Lurky, was a bit scummy on start, sligh scum read, Wouldn't object lynching, but not too hot about it.
10. Grujah - Hi.
11. Archetype - Neutral. Don't care.
12. jotheonah - lurk heavy. Would lynch. This self vote doesn't help.
13. Cuzz - Towny read, trust him, plays naturally. Wouldn't lynch.

but that isn't really the content I would expect from town Grujah... that looks more like something that a busy scum Grujah threw together to make it look like he was participating.

This is enough for me to vote: Grujah

and to recap: I am still ok with a Cuzz lynch--but I think I am the only one to vote him in a long while. I will check in really quick before I leave for the day in the morning, but after that I will likely be gone til after the deadline with school and work.

If neither Grujah or Cuzz lynches look like they will go through by morning, I will quickly try to reasses the situation in the morning.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: October 22, 2012, 11:35:22 pm »

I'm in pretty much exactly the same boat as yuma - like Cuzz and Grujah lynches the best.

Vote: Grujah because there is a vote on him already, off to sleeps now but I'll be back to see what's up in ~10 hours.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: October 22, 2012, 11:38:58 pm »

I was just about to unvote Jotheonah, because I don't believe Jo would claim VT at L-1 so close to deadline. Surely claiming a PR makes him more likely to live.

And then I remembered that scum can't claim PR, because we know how many of what we've got. Fake claims get counterclaimed.

With that in mind, I think what Jo did--first refusing to claim, then claiming VT--might be exactly how scum would behave when trying to decide who/what/where to claim.

Why are we unvoting Jo?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: October 22, 2012, 11:42:54 pm »

He couldn't have known if the VT claim was going to save him. By claiming a power role scum-joth would have at the very least outed a power role for his buddies.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: October 22, 2012, 11:51:03 pm »

I was just about to unvote Jotheonah, because I don't believe Jo would claim VT at L-1 so close to deadline. Surely claiming a PR makes him more likely to live.

And then I remembered that scum can't claim PR, because we know how many of what we've got. Fake claims get counterclaimed.

With that in mind, I think what Jo did--first refusing to claim, then claiming VT--might be exactly how scum would behave when trying to decide who/what/where to claim.

Why are we unvoting Jo?

Because we lynch counter claims first according to some other analysis, and its still better to get a town PR lynched and live for a day than get lynched as VT.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: October 22, 2012, 11:51:22 pm »

Why are we unvoting Jo?

Because we lynch counter claims first according to some other analysis, and its still better to get a town PR lynched and live for a day than get lynched as VT.

As such - he should still claim most of the time as scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: October 22, 2012, 11:51:56 pm »

He couldn't have known if the VT claim was going to save him. By claiming a power role scum-joth would have at the very least outed a power role for his buddies.

Yeah, but if he claims a power role he outs somebody but long term he dies for sure. And that's a very hard thing for scum to actually do, to lie when they KNOW they will be counterclaimed. So, do they do it? It's hard to say. But I can see very much testing the ground with a middle option, claiming nothing, first.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: October 23, 2012, 01:05:36 am »

Vote Count 1.12:

Eevee (1): Cuzz
Robz888 (2): Galzria,  Voltgloss
jotheonah (5): Insomniac, Robz888, Archetype, ashersky, Grujah
Grujah (2): Eevee, yuma
Archetype (1): Captain_Frisk
Not voting (2): shraeye, jotheonah

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: Voltgloss, jotheonah

Curse deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

Back, I didn't win Power Grid :( 3rd place.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: October 23, 2012, 01:24:38 am »

Chicken vote: Robz888

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.