Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165940 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #550 on: October 22, 2012, 05:09:33 pm »

On the Joth issue:

Robz raises the possibility of Joth as a scummy hyper-lurker, and when Eevee points out he just got a new job, recalls that he did have time to mod a new mafia game.  Insom joins the speculation with a pressure vote, and got immediately voted by Joth.  Galz thinks Joth is just generally an easy mislynch, and leans town on him.  Robz maintains some suspicion.

I think there's a case that could be made on Joth, especially since he was quiet even before he got chickened.  Joth is a mafia vet, he's modded, and he's usually talkative as town.  So quiet, lurkish Joth is a different one than I've seen before.  Robz had posited that Volt could have chickened himself as a ploy; could the same logic be applied to Joth, especially to try to take some attention away from his pre-chicken lurking?

As stated often, I think Robz is the best lynch.  The Joth discussions are good though.

Both Robz and Eevee gave Arch a pass as "the silent type."  I don't know if that's the best way to go about it.  I'd like to hear more from him in general.

Where's yuma and Grujah?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: October 22, 2012, 05:11:01 pm »

On the Joth issue:

Robz raises the possibility of Joth as a scummy hyper-lurker, and when Eevee points out he just got a new job, recalls that he did have time to mod a new mafia game.  Insom joins the speculation with a pressure vote, and got immediately voted by Joth.  Galz thinks Joth is just generally an easy mislynch, and leans town on him.  Robz maintains some suspicion.

I think there's a case that could be made on Joth, especially since he was quiet even before he got chickened.  Joth is a mafia vet, he's modded, and he's usually talkative as town.  So quiet, lurkish Joth is a different one than I've seen before.  Robz had posited that Volt could have chickened himself as a ploy; could the same logic be applied to Joth, especially to try to take some attention away from his pre-chicken lurking?

As stated often, I think Robz is the best lynch.  The Joth discussions are good though.

Both Robz and Eevee gave Arch a pass as "the silent type."  I don't know if that's the best way to go about it.  I'd like to hear more from him in general.

Where's yuma and Grujah?

The problem is that when Jo decided to host the bastard mafia it was to enjoy his last week of unemployment implying that he starts his job next week as opposed to this week.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: October 22, 2012, 05:11:36 pm »

I wanted to point out two more nuggets for the Robz case--lost in all of this was Robz reply #368, which raised some concern at the time (this was Robz "completely agreeing" with everything Insom said), which I think is indicative of some of Robz odd/scummy play this game.  It's also a good example of many of Robz's fluff posts that inflate his "non-lurker" post count.

Is it scummy though? I mean, would I do that as scum, is the answer you have to ask yourself.

I make no apologies for doing series of shirt posts instead of lengthy single posts. I think they are easier to read and more memorable. My eyes tend to skim the monologues.

I'd agree with that, in general, on the short posts vs. long.  I end up having to write more now that I come in after a number of posts and discussions and needing to catch up.  Before moving to Australia this month, I was living in the forum time zone (and was on vacation for a month) so I could post "real time" and keep the conversation style back and forth that seems to work best for the game.

Although here we are, going back and forth.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:23 pm »

The problem is that when Jo decided to host the bastard mafia it was to enjoy his last week of unemployment implying that he starts his job next week as opposed to this week.

Good point.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: October 22, 2012, 05:12:38 pm »

On the Joth issue:

Where's yuma and Grujah?

I also would like to hear more from the people not foolishly calling for my death.

I am the best lynch because: I agreed with Insomniac, I did a follow-up vote on ashersky for lurking, and because I made something of Volt getting chickened. What a case!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: October 22, 2012, 05:15:49 pm »

On the Joth issue:

Where's yuma and Grujah?

I also would like to hear more from the people not foolishly calling for my death.

I am the best lynch because: I agreed with Insomniac, I did a follow-up vote on ashersky for lurking, and because I made something of Volt getting chickened. What a case!

Am I in this crew? I'm not calling for your death I'm advocating against it but I do see the case on you.

The reason I said you've been pretty buddy isn't just the completely agreeing with my reads it was when I said vote ash you in the next post did the same without reasoning so it seemed like you were sheeping me.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 22, 2012, 05:17:04 pm »

You are not in that crew.

I didn't even remember that you were the one who voted ashersky initially. Honestly, that ashersky vote was not the most serious thing ever when I made it. It soon became serious.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 22, 2012, 05:53:55 pm »

I am the silent type.

There's not much to say except I still think that Voltgloss is acting scummy, though I don't think people agree with me, or just aren't vocal about it.

The joth case is an interesting one. Since he's modding his own game, he's still gotta be able to post here more often, even in 'Chicken Form'.

<24 hours left! It seems like no more wagons could form in that time, so I hope everyone on the Robz wagon rethinks their vote.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 22, 2012, 05:54:52 pm »

Get in here and talk people no lynch is TERRIBLE.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 22, 2012, 05:56:41 pm »

Agreed.

Grujah has been nowhere to be found after the self-admitted conscious effort of trying to be more active in the early stages of day 1. Grujah wagon vol 2?

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: October 22, 2012, 05:57:39 pm »

Agreed.

Grujah has been nowhere to be found after the self-admitted conscious effort of trying to be more active in the early stages of day 1. Grujah wagon vol 2?
I'd be ok with a Grujah lynch.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: October 22, 2012, 05:58:23 pm »

I am the silent type.

There's not much to say except I still think that Voltgloss is acting scummy, though I don't think people agree with me, or just aren't vocal about it.

The joth case is an interesting one. Since he's modding his own game, he's still gotta be able to post here more often, even in 'Chicken Form'.

<24 hours left! It seems like no more wagons could form in that time, so I hope everyone on the Robz wagon rethinks their vote.

So Robz gives you a pass on lurking while he goes after everybody else, because you're the "silent type", and in return, you "hope everyone on the Robz wagon rethinks their vote"?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: October 22, 2012, 05:59:51 pm »

Also agree.  Other than Robz, a Joth wagon could get traction, or a new Grujah wagon.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: October 22, 2012, 06:00:02 pm »

Why do you want me to die, Galzria? Do you think I am scum that much?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: October 22, 2012, 06:00:14 pm »

Also agree.  Other than Robz, a Joth wagon could get traction, or a new Grujah wagon.

I am interested in those wagons.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: October 22, 2012, 06:04:03 pm »

Currently happiest with my vote on jo, would be ok with my vote on grujah too though if that is the wagon people prefer.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: October 22, 2012, 06:06:12 pm »

Chicken vote: jotheonah
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: October 22, 2012, 06:06:49 pm »

We should keep in mind that we made need time for claims, right? I mean, this all has to go down in the next few hours or we are going to No Lynch.

I guess I am part of the problem right now, since there is zero desire for an ashersky vote. I will Vote: Jotheonah. I WILL switch to Grujah if there is momentum there.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: October 22, 2012, 06:07:18 pm »

Chicken vote: jotheonah

What? What what?? Not this again...

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: October 22, 2012, 06:09:02 pm »

I am the silent type.

So Robz gives you a pass on lurking while he goes after everybody else, because you're the "silent type", and in return, you "hope everyone on the Robz wagon rethinks their vote"?
By 'rethinking their vote' I implied that they were positive that Robz is Mafia (or in scum's case, strong town). I didn't say that because Robz gave me a free pass, I opposed the Robz lynch before then.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: October 22, 2012, 06:10:26 pm »

I'd be more comfortable with a Grujah lynch, but I'll Vote: Jotheonah

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 22, 2012, 06:11:06 pm »

Vote: Grujah

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 22, 2012, 06:13:35 pm »

I am the silent type.

Yeah this looks suspicious. But man this two-way defense is almost so obviously scummy that I don't even know if it's the kind of thing actual scum would do.

One thing I'd like to put out there is this quote, which I don't think anyone else has commented on:

Grujah Wagon: Voltgloss, Robz888, Eevee, Captain_Frisk

Robz Wagon: Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Voltgloss, ashersky, jotheonah

I'm going to do a: Fos: C_F

And a Vote: Voltgloss Would scum chickenize themselves to avoid suspicion? As smart as Voltgloss is, I think yes.

The only problem with this thoery is, well, I don't really think who voted for Grujah matters much. My vote for him was serious, and I'm sure the others were too... but it was never actually going to lead to lynch. It was too quick. So I'm not sure that mafia had to make the decision to drive, deflect, avoid, or join the wagon. It just wasn't going to matter.

Separately, I do find it suspicious that so many of the experts are voting for me when there is no reason to do so.

I noticed this because I've been thinking for most of the day that the Grujah wagon might be a good place to scumhunt. And I mentioned in my analysis a few people who look suspicious after that event, Eevee in particular but Robz to some extent. And here he's basically trying to clear the whole wagon from suspicion.

I still personally find Eevee more suspicious, due to the Grujah thing and change in demeanor, but no one else has really expressed agreement. So I would be willing to go along with a Robz lynch.

Though Grujah has been very quiet as of late as someone mentioned, and I would hate to let him get away with that if he turns out to be scum again. His behavior is starting to seem very MXIIish...

Man, D1 is hard when there's no outrageous anti-town behavior to pounce on.

PPE: 7

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 22, 2012, 06:17:52 pm »

Cuzz, how is "the Grujah thing" more of a scum move than a townie mistake from me? I think it has blown out of proportion a bit anyways, I don't think it was THAT big of a deal.

Cuzz is actually looking scummy to me too, but it might only be because I think he unfairly suspects me.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 22, 2012, 06:20:55 pm »

Vote Count 1.9:

Insomniac (1): Grujah
Eevee (1): Cuzz
Robz888 (4): Galzria, Captain_Frisk, ashersky, Voltgloss
Cuzz (1): yuma
jotheonah (4): Insomniac, Robz888, jotheonah, Archetype
Grujah (1): Eevee
Not voting (1): shraeye

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: Voltgloss, jotheonah

Curse deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 06:23:00 pm by Jorbles »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 20 queries.