Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165439 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #450 on: October 20, 2012, 04:19:54 pm »

I guess, but they would have had to plan Volt taking a leading role like that, and most importantly, no one else was making posts like Volt's in case they get chickened - why would Volt do it and possibly hint us he knew it was happening?

You've just said that it is expected for Volt to lead town (even if scum). Didn't you?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 20, 2012, 04:23:33 pm »

I guess, but they would have had to plan Volt taking a leading role like that, and most importantly, no one else was making posts like Volt's in case they get chickened - why would Volt do it and possibly hint us he knew it was happening?

You've just said that it is expected for Volt to lead town (even if scum). Didn't you?
Well, it's certainly not a surprise. Still, sounds like an unnecessary gambit for day 1, it's not like scum has had much difficulties in getting townies lynched just playing normally.

Suspecting Volt now that he can't defend himself also feels rather unfair / unproductive.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 20, 2012, 04:28:04 pm »

Wait, maybe I don't agree with Eevee. I'm confused as to who is arguing what.

I think Volt could have absolutely planned to be typical, pro-town Volt, mimic his own town play, and have planned for his fellow Hag to curse him.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 20, 2012, 04:32:13 pm »

Wait, maybe I don't agree with Eevee. I'm confused as to who is arguing what.

I think Volt could have absolutely planned to be typical, pro-town Volt, mimic his own town play, and have planned for his fellow Hag to curse him.
I'm saying he could have, but that it isn't likely enough to warrant lynching him or even suspecting more than earlier.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 20, 2012, 04:38:49 pm »

Volt getting chickened (I assume intentionally) actually does make me suspect him a bit more.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 20, 2012, 04:43:09 pm »

Chicken chicken chicken chicken.

Chicken Vote: yuma
Chicken Vote: Galzria
Chicken Vote: shraeye
Chicken Vote: Captain_Frisk
Chicekn Vote: Insomniac
Chicken Vote: Archetype
Chicken Vote: Cuzz
Chicken Vote: ashersky
Chicken Vote: Eevee
Chicken Vote: jotheonah
Chicken Vote: Grujah
Chicken Vote: Robz888

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 20, 2012, 04:48:04 pm »

For those of you who forgot, that's Volt's scum reads from least to most.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 20, 2012, 04:48:43 pm »

I think you got that wrong. It's most to least, I'm quite sure.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 20, 2012, 04:48:53 pm »

I think you got that wrong. It's most to least, I'm quite sure.

Wink wink.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 20, 2012, 04:49:53 pm »

Why Robz?

Chicken yes if it is still the same things as in you #421. If it is something new, chicken X times for each digit in post number.

A thing just came to my mind. JO was lurking most of the game (and was not scrutinized as I was!), and now he's a chicken. If Hags turned him into a chicken, it's to use the recent "lynch all lurkers" against him.

PPE: 3

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 20, 2012, 05:05:08 pm »

A thing just came to my mind. JO was lurking most of the game (and was not scrutinized as I was!), and now he's a chicken. If Hags turned him into a chicken, it's to use the recent "lynch all lurkers" against him.

PPE: 3

Since I am fairly certain Volt was the target of the Sea Hags (though he may be a Sea Hag himself), I disagree that any planning went into chickening Jo. That was random, I would bet.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 20, 2012, 05:13:30 pm »

That looks like more likely scenario just in case, but I found it was worth mentioning this too.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 20, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »

Though, again, why wasn't jo as scrutinized as I was? Job?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 20, 2012, 05:14:07 pm »

Chicken Vote: Grujah

Chicken.

Chicken chicken chicken.
Chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken.
Chicken chicken chicken.

Chicken chicken chicken.
Chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken.
Chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken chicken.

Chicken Unvote

Chicken Vote: Robz888

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 20, 2012, 05:14:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure we could all plan on Volt taking a leading role.  Also, other people have gone through what they would say as a chicken, and this can correspond to what each person thinks is important.  Like I would want to be able to agree to, or disagree with people's posts and arguments.  So I might say something like
Chickenvote: eevee
chicken
chickenunvote
to agree with your last post.
it's going to be a wild ride, with all this chickening.

Lastly, I don't have any beef with you, nor did I ever feel like I was suspecting you.  Why did you feel this way?
It feels to me like Cuzz, Grujah and shraeye are all intentionally trying to paint me in bad light. Not sure what to make of it, I know I can lock onto a target like that as town if I think I've found scum, but still..

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: October 20, 2012, 05:19:06 pm »

I'd bet on Volt being scum pick. Whether he is scum also, I don't know.
It's as if Volt knew he was going to be cursed..
I don't understand either of these conclusions.  I have zero information about whether Volt/Joth was the scumpick, and I don't know how someone could say that one of them looks like a scum-pick.
It was because of this post, but I guess it's actually mostly Cuzz.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 20, 2012, 05:23:30 pm »

Translation: These two posts:

It's time for a quick rundown of Insomniacs thoughts thus far!

1. shraeye - slight scum. Expressed a desire to derphammer because others didn't want it, hasn't posted any traditional shraeye big posts yet. (Not too worried on the latter)

2. Robz888 - Pretty normal. He's been quieter than normal but he expressed depression because of M12 has been actively trying to lynch lurkers. Null read

3. Voltgloss - Null read. Volts posts have striken me as traditional Volt but he has been pushing the new lynch lurkers meta a bit harder then I suspected given that it came from a game where 1 of the mafia was the most active player.

4. Eevee - Has been different this game but he's been having a bunch of confidence, Eevee is normally town and normally thinks I'm scum. I think he's a bit more scummy this game because of his acting differently but I normally find Eevee a bit scummy.

5. yuma - Quieter yuma as to be expected, I'd like to see more from him as normally he has some pretty good ideas as town. Null

6. Galzria - A bit scummy. Has expressed happiness that DS is pursuing lynch all lurkers meta but hasn't actually joined in on any of the wagons has tried to appear associated with the Grujah wagon. I would be highly suspect of Galz is Grujah is scum.

7. Insomniac - Obvtown.

8. ashersky - Was pretty low on the post count and content and when called out tried to do more of both. If I got called out as scum for either of those I would definetly respond similarily. Highest scum read which still doesn't say too much at this point in the game.

9. Captain_Frisk - slight town. I was getting a scum read off of him but his posts have done a lot to clear that up for me, I genuinely feel like he thinks I'm scum and that makes his voting for me feel more town.

10. Grujah - Slight scum. Hard to put into words why I'm just getting the scum Grujah vibe more than the town Grujah vibe.

11. Archetype - Nullish read, I gave him a FoS for what seemed to be buddying up to me he answered it adequately IMO.

12. jotheonah - Low post count, in a lot of games just got a new job. Null read, look forward to seeing more posts so that I can get a better read.

13. Cuzz - More talkative then in MXII where he was the doctor, I'm getting a scum read from some of his posts and a town read in others, so he's getting a null from me right now. In MXII he claimed he was trying to seem scummy, and man did he so I'm not sure what scum Cuzz would look like.

I agree with everything Insomniac said. Every single thing. Every word.

Robz, what are your thoughts on Galz?  In your own words, please.

I would be interested as well since he just claimed to agree 100% with a completely fabricated set of statements on me.

I see. That seems quite bad, agreeing completely without something that ain't true, and not checking it after posting such a bold claim. I actually missed the Galz-drama part.

Ins making those claims.. town or scum? Ugh.

Robz's day 1 hard push from start resembles townRobz MXII, but it can easily be planned. Hmm......

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 20, 2012, 08:18:50 pm »

Man, so much always happens when I am sleeping!

To comment on what's happened, I don't think we can safely assume which chicken was cursed randomly and by scum, although it sure looks like Volt would have been on purpose.

On the "maybe he set himself up to look this way" argument floating around, it sounds like a few folks are going back and forth on this.  Here's my take on those people:

Grujah mentions the possibility first, offhandedly.  I don't think of this is the beginning.  Eevee comes in with a stronger suspicion, and this seems to be the true beginning.  To me, it reads as just wondering, not really accusatory.  He was just airing an idea, I think.  Cuzz and Grujah follow with disagreement, then Eevee clarifies.  A bit later, Cuzz is back pointing out how it seemed Eevee wanted to cast suspicion.

I think up to that point, the exchange was sensible.  I think Cuzz looks worst in that grouping, but I think when you get focused on a scum read, you can seem that way.  I don't think Eevee was trying to get anything rolling on Volt.

So then Robz comes in on the Volt plot side.

The discussion that follows is the likelihood/ability for scum to have planned it out.  I think it's consensus that everyone who's played with Volt before could have expected volt to take the lead he did.

Robz comes back, ignoring that portion of the conversation, and again makes strong statements of suspicion against Volt.  Note: what I think is scummy about that (post 452 for reference) is that he continues to try and make it seem like it is someone else's idea, but I think by that point, it's been discussed enough that its disingenuous to do that.

A few posts later, he says he assumes Volt got chickened intentionally.  volt gives us his reads, with Robz at the top of his list, Robz does his wink wink post.

I think that is the whole of the Volt plot thread.  My take is that while Volt could have planned all this, I don't think it's the most likely scenario.  I do think looking at how all that discussion about it played out is very useful though, and I think Robz looks worst there.  Pushing the a volt suspicion, trying to look like he's sheeping something that's stronger than it really is, his jokey brush off of volt's suspicion...all together gives me a strong scum vibe.  Enough for a vote: Robz.

f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 20, 2012, 09:18:11 pm »

I think that is the whole of the Volt plot thread.  My take is that while Volt could have planned all this, I don't think it's the most likely scenario.  I do think looking at how all that discussion about it played out is very useful though, and I think Robz looks worst there.  Pushing the a volt suspicion, trying to look like he's sheeping something that's stronger than it really is, his jokey brush off of volt's suspicion...all together gives me a strong scum vibe.  Enough for a vote: Robz.

I pushed the Volt situation because it's an important suspicion to have. I can easily see us treating chickens like obvtowns, and that would be a huge mistake, because I expect scum manipulation of the chickening. And I would expect it from Voltgloss. Other than the cursing, Voltgloss has read town to me, sure. That's why I'm not voting him yet. But I'm giving the cursing serious though, and cursing Volt looks like a so obvious-it's-actually-not move for scum.

I wasn't trying to make it look like I was sheeping anyone, I was legitimately confused I whether or not Eevee suspected Volt had cursed himself.

The joke is definitely scummy looking in retrospect, but I filter myself way less when I am town.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 20, 2012, 09:18:59 pm »

So there's my reply to ashersky, who I think is pretty scummy-seeming, and I have already voted him on lurking, and I'm not switching for the moment.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 20, 2012, 09:52:01 pm »

To clear up some confusion on my end, when Eevee posted this:

It's as if Volt knew he was going to be cursed..

I may have read too much into it. I interpreted Eevee as essentially saying "It's as if Volt knew he was going to be cursed because he had worked it out with his scumbuddies" or something like that. I thought Eevee was trying to say here that this was evidence for Volt being scum.

I think now that Eevee just meant that Volt might have suspected he would get cursed because Volt had been taking a leadership role.

This was the reasoning behind most of my posts right after the cursing, so hopefully this makes a bit more sense now. 

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 20, 2012, 09:55:41 pm »

I wholeheartedly sympathize ashersky on the difficulty of participating from a different timezone. When you come online after sleeping/working/drinking and see two pages of new messages, the best you can really do is write a long post about your opinions on stuff that happened when you were offline. Much like ashersky did here. Only getting in one post a is not lurking if it happens like that and no one is seans to comment the long post you write.. until tomorrow when you'll be late to the party again.

On an unrelated note, how has Australia been ashersky?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 20, 2012, 09:56:12 pm »

To comment on what's happened, I don't think we can safely assume which chicken was cursed randomly and by scum, although it sure looks like Volt would have been on purpose.

Man comments like this just look awful to me. You manage to completely contradict yourself within a single sentence here.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 20, 2012, 09:57:59 pm »

Man comments like this just look awful to me. You manage to completely contradict yourself within a single sentence here.
How so? He says he doesn't see a way we can be sure, but agrees it would look like Volt was the targeted chickenification.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 20, 2012, 10:09:20 pm »

Vote Count 1.6:
Grujah (1): Eevee
Insomniac (1): Grujah
Eevee (2): jotheonah, Cuzz
ashersky (2): Insomniac, Robz888
Robz888 (4): Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Voltgloss, ashersky
Cuzz (1): yuma
Not voting (2): Archetype, shraeye

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: Voltgloss, jotheonah

Curse deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.