Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165743 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #425 on: October 20, 2012, 01:25:17 pm »

Need to reread before I can post any content (will do asap), but theory idea: couldn't we decide that both the explorer and the pearl diver claim pearl diver? That way scum would have a 50% chance / wifom situation, which i better than 100% and 25% that have been suggested earlier.
No systems, seriously.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 20, 2012, 01:35:32 pm »

- Robz clearly reads my #310 as being suspicious of him specifically.  See his #311.  A very quick OMGUS-style defensive reaction.  Why didn't he give that reaction to Galz or Eevee or CF?  Why didn't he engage in the discussion, instead throwing suspicion back at me and/or us?  The funny thing is, I was NOT at all certain that I suspected Robz at the time - there were multiple votes on ashersky! - but Robz's kneejerk defensive response feels more like worried scum than indignant town.
#311 didn't feel defensive to me, or really attacky.  Just a bit miffed and possibly counterbalancing your opinion.

- Interesting how Grujah resurrects suspicion on Insom in #243 and #250, yet no one bites.  I feel like, if Grujah were town, then at least one scum would likely join him in pushing that suspicion (whether Insom is scum OR town).  Yet no one did. 
I don't find that interesting.  Those seem like really flimsy gut-feeling suspicions that he tried to build into an argument.  I don't fault Grujah for those votes, but I would have been suspicious of anybody who quoted those and said "yeah, the man has a point!"

Cuzz
- The flip-flop re: Archetype in response to my question (that yuma pointed out) remains a scumpoint against Cuzz. 

- That said, #359 is some good analysis of the Grujah quickwagon.
Though I bought his explanation and unvoted, Cuzz is still a character I'm interested in keeping a closer watch on.

Now that I've written up this response, i can't quite figure out why I decided I wanted to respond to your reads.  But whatever, these are my thoughts.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 20, 2012, 02:53:26 pm »

THREAD LOCKED

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 20, 2012, 02:56:00 pm »

The residents of the little fishing villagers argued heatedly amongst themselves, but could come to no resolutions. First they said the Sea Hags must be sitting in the back of the room; they were the least vocal! Then someone else said they must be someone who changed their mind; they were inconsistent!

Then Voltgloss stood up and said "Chicken chicken chicken!" He looked very confused. jotheonah stood up looking ready to shout at Voltgloss and shouted, "CHICKEN!"

Suddenly feathers sprouted from Voltgloss' face. He began to shrink and his nose and mouth morphed into a tiny beak. jotheonah's hair transformed into a red floppy comb as he started to shrink as well. Their arms sprouted feathers and reformed themselves into wings. Their legs shrunk. The shoes and their feet became tiny, leathery, and pointy claws formed on their ends.

Where Voltgloss and jotheonah had previously stood sat two very confused looking chickens.

"Chicken," clucked Voltgloss.

"Chicken, chicken," jotheonah clucked back. He pecked at the ground in front of him.

Currently Cursed: Voltgloss, jotheonah

Curse deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)

THREAD UNLOCKED...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 02:57:06 pm by Jorbles »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2012, 02:58:03 pm »

I'd bet on Volt being scum pick. Whether he is scum also, I don't know.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 20, 2012, 02:59:29 pm »

It's as if Volt knew he was going to be cursed..

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 20, 2012, 03:05:17 pm »

I'm super apprehensive about trying to determine alignment based on who's cursed. Not saying it's impossible, but I don't think it will be obvious. The naive thing to do is for scum to curse town, but of course then they'll want to curse each other once in a while wifomwifomwifom.

This is interesting, but I've getting such a townish read on Volt and a scummy read on you, Eevee, that I can't help but think you might have cursed Volt just to try to frame him like this.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 20, 2012, 03:05:58 pm »

Chicken.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 20, 2012, 03:06:06 pm »

I'm super apprehensive about trying to determine alignment based on who's cursed. Not saying it's impossible, but I don't think it will be obvious. The naive thing to do is for scum to curse town, but of course then they'll want to curse each other once in a while wifomwifomwifom.

This is interesting, but I've been getting such a townish read on Volt and a scummy read on you, Eevee, that I can't help but think you might have cursed Volt just to try to frame him like this.

I accidentally a word above.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 20, 2012, 03:12:34 pm »

If Volt didn't make a huge plan about it, I would be suspicion. I mean, It's Volt, he's like Batman when it comes to Mafia setup-stuff, he analyzes everything about it. It would be unlike him to not be prepared.

What Cuzz said, makes sense.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 20, 2012, 03:13:05 pm »

Oh, I have a town read on Volt too, and it's not like what he did was a particularly clever scum move if that's what it was.. just noting. Also worth noting I think, Volt is perfectly capable of being this active and analytical when scum. But still, either the curser in scum team though it would look weird if Volt DIDN'T get cursed (they dont have daytalk) or he is town and got cursed so he'd have to shut up. I think latter is much more likely, but former still possible.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 20, 2012, 03:13:44 pm »

Chicken.

Jo are you trying to actually communicate something here?

Chicken for yes, chicken chicken for no. If so, chicken vote the person you're responding to.

And if not, please try to avoid meaningless chickens.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 20, 2012, 03:16:16 pm »

Grujah and Cuzz, why would it be me in particular who'd want to do that? My impression is that Volt would be the natural choice to curse for pretty much any possible curser.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 20, 2012, 03:17:26 pm »

Chicken Chicken.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 20, 2012, 03:21:50 pm »

Hmm we can't forget the system, otherwise people would misinterpret things quicker.

I can put the system we created into my signature, so we won't forget.

Is that fine with everyone?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 20, 2012, 03:22:08 pm »

And by quicker I meant easier.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 20, 2012, 03:24:51 pm »

Grujah and Cuzz, why would it be me in particular who'd want to do that? My impression is that Volt would be the natural choice to curse for pretty much any possible curser.

I agree with this 100%.

My issue is just that you seemed really eager to cast suspicion on Volt in the moments just after the cursing. Not that he deserves none I suppose, but I just found it suspicious that your very first thought was to paint Volt as possibly scummy for being cursed, as if he had planned it with his buddies.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 20, 2012, 03:30:47 pm »

I'd bet on Volt being scum pick. Whether he is scum also, I don't know.
I don't understand either of these conclusions.  I have zero information about whether Volt/Joth was the scumpick, and I don't know how someone could say that one of them looks like a scum-pick.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 20, 2012, 03:32:25 pm »

Cuz Volt is likely to lead a town, he is good candidate for chickening.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 20, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »

Cuz Volt is likely to lead a town, he is good candidate for chickening.
Then you should take Volt's place and lead town.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 20, 2012, 03:41:52 pm »

I agree with this 100%.

My issue is just that you seemed really eager to cast suspicion on Volt in the moments just after the cursing. Not that he deserves none I suppose, but I just found it suspicious that your very first thought was to paint Volt as possibly scummy for being cursed, as if he had planned it with his buddies.

I disagree with Cuzz, and agree with Eevee. The first thing I thought after seeing Volt was chickened was whether he wanted it done to himself, as if designed to make him seem more townish. Could easily be a plot.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 20, 2012, 03:42:40 pm »

I agree with this 100%.

That's ridiculous, scum can't even plan this because they don't have daytalk.
@shraeye
What Grujah said.

It feels to me like Cuzz, Grujah and shraeye are all intentionally trying to paint me in bad light. Not sure what to make of it, I know I can lock onto a target like that as town if I think I've found scum, but still..

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 20, 2012, 04:11:20 pm »

I agree with this 100%.

@shraeye
What Grujah said.

It feels to me like Cuzz, Grujah and shraeye are all intentionally trying to paint me in bad light. Not sure what to make of it, I know I can lock onto a target like that as town if I think I've found scum, but still..

Except they COULD have because Jorbles DID say he gave them pregame talk, and they DID control who they wanted to chicken. Seriously, how is it even remotely impossible for them to have it planned?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 20, 2012, 04:14:21 pm »

I agree with this 100%.

I'm pretty sure scum would know that scum could plan this and would consider that when writing stuff like this. So, this is a stupid but townish reply, imo.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 20, 2012, 04:15:26 pm »

I guess, but they would have had to plan Volt taking a leading role like that, and most importantly, no one else was making posts like Volt's in case they get chickened - why would Volt do it and possibly hint us he knew it was happening?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 68  All

Page created in 1.091 seconds with 21 queries.