Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 164697 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2012, 07:11:02 pm »

shraeye's derphammer comment comes off as willfully contrarian, but not necessarily scummy.  Like, if he were scum, why would he make a comment like that?  Meh - nullread to me. 

And a suggestion to shraeye, if you are town:  if you actually DO take an anti-town action like derpquickhammering - as opposing to simply saying you were tempted to do so - then you are tanking the game for town, as the rest of the town will not forgive you for it (and scum will happily push them along in that regard).

Yeah, that'd be the part where I said I was back to thinking reasonably for now.  Just warning people that it makes me want to do things when people say "NOOOOOObody would ever do THAT"

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2012, 07:13:47 pm »

shraeye's derphammer comment comes off as willfully contrarian, but not necessarily scummy.  Like, if he were scum, why would he make a comment like that?  Meh - nullread to me. 

And a suggestion to shraeye, if you are town:  if you actually DO take an anti-town action like derpquickhammering - as opposing to simply saying you were tempted to do so - then you are tanking the game for town, as the rest of the town will not forgive you for it (and scum will happily push them along in that regard).

Yeah, that'd be the part where I said I was back to thinking reasonably for now.  Just warning people that it makes me want to do things when people say "NOOOOOObody would ever do THAT"

So when people say "Nobody with a town wincon would be completely and intentionally anti-town", you want to go out of your way to be anti-town?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 17, 2012, 07:15:50 pm »

I think he's just saying that it would be fun.

Haven't you ever thought about doing something bad?  Mooning a cop? 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 17, 2012, 07:22:32 pm »

So when people say "Nobody with a town wincon would be completely and intentionally anti-town", you want to go out of your way to be anti-town?
Essentially, yeah.  That's exactly my sort of ridiculous, terrible sense of humor.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28:12 pm »

I think he's just saying that it would be fun.

Haven't you ever thought about doing something bad?  Mooning a cop?

No, no I haven't.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 17, 2012, 07:37:11 pm »

Noooobody would ever join Grujah's hydra mafia and Insomniac's ZM and Switch games, right guys?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 17, 2012, 07:38:25 pm »

Noooobody would ever join Grujah's hydra mafia and Insomniac's ZM and Switch games, right guys?

All examples of bad decisions!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 17, 2012, 07:53:14 pm »

Vote: Grujah

For already starting to lurk.  He was on the forum about 90 minutes ago.  He would have seen that this started.  Yet he left without posting.   

The other people who haven't posted yet (jo, Archetype, ashersky, yuma) haven't yet logged into the forum since the game began.

FWIW this was during classes on my mobile, checking for PMs. My mobile is very primitive by todays standards, though.

Grujah, I think that falls under cryptography and is forbidden. Nice to see you here though! I wish I was drinking on this fine wednesday..

I dunno, Jorbles can rule it out if it is forbbiden. I already asked him if it is ok to write a computer code/script that would translate my chickens, and he said no.

I think this is more in the spirit of the rules. If it is not, I annoucned it infront so Jorbles can judge.

Too lazy to fix typos, announced and infront and forbiden seem to be misspelled.

Sorry, this counts as cryptography though I appreciate the creativity behind this idea.

Also I like that Grujah noticed his typos, was too lazy to fix them, but was not too lazy to retype them.

PPE: One million posts happened.

Morse too?
Shrugs. I guess I'll just have to chicken as a non-programmer person.

Also, sober, will read stuff, hopefully.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 17, 2012, 07:57:57 pm »

Also, caveat (what does this word mean anyway?):

My new meta says me lurking = scum, so I'll have to post like mad this game not to get lynched.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 17, 2012, 08:14:56 pm »

My new meta says me lurking = scum, so I'll have to post like mad this game not to get lynched.

Ummm...to hide that you are scum?  That just sounded bad.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 17, 2012, 08:16:17 pm »

Survivalism isn't necessarily a scum tell (it's in every factions wincon to prefer living), but yeah..

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 17, 2012, 08:17:38 pm »

Survivalism isn't necessarily a scum tell (it's in every factions wincon to prefer living), but yeah..

I don't care if I live or die. I care that town wins.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 17, 2012, 08:20:03 pm »

But surely you dying is anti town?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 17, 2012, 08:21:18 pm »

I wouldn't care about my personal survival any more if I was mafia. As a serial killer it would be a top priority though.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 17, 2012, 08:28:14 pm »

Sure, start the fun without me....

I mentioned this before in the V/LA thread but I will mention it here again, but you guys are unlikely to get much participation from me until my (mountain time) evenings as I am now in fullblown rotation mode. I can read this thread (they go to an e-mail that I can access) when I am at work, but not when I am at rotations. But I can't reply to anything at work or at rotations since this sight is blocked there... So hopefully you will get enough of me from my evening posts--and I am generally more active during the weekends.

As for this game: Reading nearly everything from a delayed point of view everything still seems mostly RVS based. The votes on Grujah appear to be based off lurking, as I have repeatedly said before and will say again here, I will only vote for lurkers if it is scummy lurking. I don't think Grujah's "lurking"--I don't think we can qualify this as lurking anymore can we--this early into the game, and taking into consideration his posts, as scummy lurking. As for the Insomniac reaction to it: meh... same to the shraeye saying he wanted to derphammer: meh...

We do need to make sure we establish a form of chicken communication for everyone... none of this one person doing one thing and another doing the other--that just reeks of confusion down the line. Someone come up with something, everyone agree to it and stick with it! No deviating from it. Period! We have a little over 2 days to come up with a system? We need one by tomorrow at this time.

Kinda weird not playing with new players... Although I dont' think I have personally played with archetype before. Hello archetype.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: October 17, 2012, 08:30:37 pm »

Oh yeah, I really like the player list in this game. Some good people! Not that the guys not in this game are any worse people. Eh..

I vote Chicken for yes, Chicken chicken for no and Chicken chicken chicken for something else. In my opinion making it too complicated would be confusing and against the spirit of the whole cursing deal.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 17, 2012, 08:36:30 pm »

Agree with:

1 chicken for yes.
2 chickens for no.
3 chickens for anything else.
Chicken votes will have to be scum reads.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 17, 2012, 09:47:11 pm »

Word, this is how I play too.  Except town-Galz staying alive is usually very helpful for town, so I care if town-Galz dies.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 17, 2012, 09:48:27 pm »

1. My drunk post.
Ok, I am getting some heat cuz I fakeclaim a doctor while drunk, and not any post I make drunk is scummy. Sigh. I mafia'd drunk
while I was always-town too, I even made real town claims while drunk too (Mafia IX. Actually, Archetype, as you though I should have sobered up first, might want to read the first few pages of D2 there, it starts on page ~38. Some of my best play there, most if it gassed).

Also, in MXII, I claim only not to read stuff while under. No bad play due to drunkness in this game.
To sum up, MIX again:
Too drunk to focus on questions, but...

Omigosh obvscum, you claimed Wednesday too.

Good thing alignment isn't based on that. Otherwise Frisk, Axxle, you and I would be scum like, all the time. ;D

My social/drinking life and my scumminess are unrelated.

2. Reads:

Easiest game ever. Shraeye, Ins and Frisk are a scumteam.

Let me elaborate few people.

Eevee: scum read first, now town. For selfvoting in attempt to keep up with "Eevee jokster" meta, it just seemed fake. Being on a bad place on my wagon (3rd) and also voting me and saying it's for pressure. You should never announce pressure.
Now, this might be WIFOM, but no way a scum would post this:
Essentially I don't see why ANY wagon should be L-2 FIVE HOURS after DAY 1 START. That's ridiculous, if he is town he could be quick hammered, if he's scum he would be quick hammered and we'd have low information day 2 regardless because of how short day 1 is.
Due to the setup of the game, we need to move quick. More wagons the merrier, as long as people don't play terrible and quickhammer. No harm in having more wagons to analyze quicker, I'm glad we are progressing.

Just.. no way. When you are about to post a thing like that, you stop and think - jeez.

Insomniac - way he protects me going L-1 is seemed fake. There was NO chance of quickhammer. Well, there was some, but I would give my life gladly if it meant catching scum. Any town would.

Frisk - well, nothing strong actually, way he bickered with Ins might be new f.ds D1 scumbus meta. Probably nothing. Maybe even town.

shraeye - read this:
I also wonder why shraeye logged off without making any sort of comment at all on the Grujah wagon.

'cause I got duties.  Today I had to teach, then plan lessons, then go to seminars, then drive people places.  I often have to do things in real life, and don't have time to post all my thoughts.  Sometimes I've got the tab up and sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I'll post thoughts, sometimes I won't.

The wagon was silly, but I wanted to derphammer it just because so many people said that it wouldn't happen.  The moment has passed, and I'm trying to be reasonable.

Galzria is making arguments about drunkenness being scumtells or something like that.  I'm having trouble following.  But I don't like.  FoS: Galzria

Voltgloss, it seems that what you're doing is just trying to prod people into not lurking.  Don't worry, I'm no lurker.  But if you're gonna FoS people everytime they log on without commenting, you're gonna get a lot of useless reads.

Now ignore derphammer thing. Read again. Reeks scum.

Archetype - post too rigid. Dunno.

Vote: Insomniac

We definitely need a definite, all agreed, one-in-all, chicken talk post.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 17, 2012, 09:49:42 pm »

Also, in MXII, I claim only not to read stuff while under. No bad play due to drunkness in this game.

typo. Should read:

"Also, in MXII, I claimed only not to have read stuff [Cuzz's claim] while under. I claimed no bad play due to being drunk in this game.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 17, 2012, 09:49:54 pm »

Word, this is how I play too.  Except town-Galz staying alive is usually very helpful for town, so I care if town-Galz dies.

Scumslip? How do you know Galz is town?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 17, 2012, 10:27:34 pm »

What i'm emphasizing is that I'm not for saving Galz categorically; but if Galz is town, I want him around.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 17, 2012, 10:36:49 pm »

Well after such a quick start I was thinking there would be more activity and more to respond to while being around... but it appears that isn't the case

You won't be seeing much of me until tomorrow evening once again and even then it might be slim. I have a blood bank test Friday--I also have one tomorrow, but am totally prepared for that one!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 17, 2012, 10:47:22 pm »

Also, Advance info.
Whether I am VT or PR or even scum (gasp! but I ain't), I am not going to forceclaim this game. I will only claim with significant info.

I mean, Grujah just won a game as scum (I forget which one) in part because he did forceclaim. Not sure what to make of this either.

I claimed only cause not claiming as scum in unmentionable game got me killed.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 17, 2012, 10:50:09 pm »

Vote for Chicken Master Position: Robz888 (not an actual vote)

(This means I want Robz to be the one who makes Chicken talk rules. Too many cooks spoil the broth, they say, so I think only one guy should do it (he might ask for input if necessary). Robz can, of course, decline this position.).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 20 queries.