Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Mafia Wins!)  (Read 165283 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIV: The Chicken Curse of the Sea Hags (Day 1 in progress)
« Reply #200 on: October 17, 2012, 04:20:09 pm »

I also wonder why shraeye logged off without making any sort of comment at all on the Grujah wagon.

Maybe you should make your status visible so we can judge you as you judge us?

+1

I'm not going by status, I'm clicking on username and seeing when people were last active.  Whether your online status is visible or not, that information remains available and is unchanged.

That said, I have no problem with making my status visible. 

PPE:  4 new posts.  Have not read yet.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 17, 2012, 04:22:31 pm »

For reference later, the Grujah quickwagon: Voltgloss, Robz888, Eevee, Captain_Frisk, Galzria

The anti-gru-quickwagon-crowd: Grujah, Insomniac.

Insom, on you I'm echoing Frisk. You're taking obvious joke posts like they're serious. You seem like you're trying to push reads you ought to know are bogus.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 17, 2012, 04:26:35 pm »

For reference later, the Grujah quickwagon: Voltgloss, Robz888, Eevee, Captain_Frisk, Galzria

The anti-gru-quickwagon-crowd: Grujah, Insomniac.

Insom, on you I'm echoing Frisk. You're taking obvious joke posts like they're serious. You seem like you're trying to push reads you ought to know are bogus.

My case on Frisk is mostly the L-2 thing.

Also I WAS on the Gru wagon, I just was choked that it hit L-2 before everyone has even checked in. I still have a slight scum read on him and will happily revote once everyone has checked in if I don't have a better read (right now Frisk and Gru are about equally scummy to me but Gru's wagon is way too large)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2012, 04:31:35 pm »

To further take this you have seen me as scum recently, I don't push bad cases, I stand against bad cases while pushing good/ok ones which is I guess something I'm also doing here
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 17, 2012, 04:34:56 pm »

To further take this you have seen me as scum recently, I don't push bad cases, I stand against bad cases while pushing good/ok ones which is I guess something I'm also doing here

He figures it out folks!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 17, 2012, 04:37:58 pm »

He figures it out folks!

Well rather than have you pushing a mediocre case on me I thought I'd give you the real case ;)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 17, 2012, 04:40:20 pm »

shraeye and ashersky are both on now.  Looking forward to their thoughts.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 17, 2012, 05:04:13 pm »

Man, six pages overnight?  This will be a fun game.

I quickly read through, first impressions are CF, Robz, and VG with the most in-depth posts early, which reads town to me.

The quick wagon was interesting as a talking point--I saw no reason to fear L-3, which I think is the worst it got.  Drunk Grujah is normal Grujah to me, btw.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 17, 2012, 05:05:26 pm »

Man, six pages overnight?  This will be a fun game.

I quickly read through, first impressions are CF, Robz, and VG with the most in-depth posts early, which reads town to me.

The quick wagon was interesting as a talking point--I saw no reason to fear L-3, which I think is the worst it got.  Drunk Grujah is normal Grujah to me, btw.

... it hit L-2 hence my being concerned. L-3 is pretty big but nothing to be concerned over.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 17, 2012, 05:08:23 pm »

Also VG with a super Big Brother vibe with the Internet monitoring...
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 17, 2012, 05:09:06 pm »

Wtf I come back from class and RVS is over? You guys aren't really gonna make me unvote Robz are you?

This Grujah wagon looks awful, and it makes no sense. That thing went from zero to L-2 in 14 minutes. Eevee's position on the wagon and comment when he hopped on stands out to me:

Vote: Grujah
L-3, maybe enough pressure votes for now but we are indeed serious.

Potentially scummy 4th on the wagon. Sounds like: "I want on this wagon, but anyone who gets on after me is scummy!" Not sure what to make of that. But Eevee is not giving me his normally ultra-townvibe.

On another note, this comment from Grujah stands out as really weird:

Also, Advance info.
Whether I am VT or PR or even scum (gasp! but I ain't), I am not going to forceclaim this game. I will only claim with significant info.

I mean, Grujah just won a game as scum (I forget which one) in part because he did forceclaim. Not sure what to make of this either.

Plus where are ashersky, yuma and Archetype (I think those are the only ones missing)?

PPE: ashersky is here

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 17, 2012, 05:10:59 pm »

I also wonder why shraeye logged off without making any sort of comment at all on the Grujah wagon.

'cause I got duties.  Today I had to teach, then plan lessons, then go to seminars, then drive people places.  I often have to do things in real life, and don't have time to post all my thoughts.  Sometimes I've got the tab up and sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I'll post thoughts, sometimes I won't.

The wagon was silly, but I wanted to derphammer it just because so many people said that it wouldn't happen.  The moment has passed, and I'm trying to be reasonable.

Galzria is making arguments about drunkenness being scumtells or something like that.  I'm having trouble following.  But I don't like.  FoS: Galzria

Voltgloss, it seems that what you're doing is just trying to prod people into not lurking.  Don't worry, I'm no lurker.  But if you're gonna FoS people everytime they log on without commenting, you're gonna get a lot of useless reads.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 17, 2012, 05:12:43 pm »

Vote: Eevee. Happy to see I'm not the only one who thinks he's playing weird compared to normal. And he did seem awfully keen to hop on the Gru wagon at a scummy moment.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 17, 2012, 05:14:00 pm »

The wagon was silly, but I wanted to derphammer it just because so many people said that it wouldn't happen.  The moment has passed, and I'm trying to be reasonable.

The wagon was silly, but I wanted to derphammer it just because so many people said that it wouldn't happen.

The wagon was silly, but I wanted to derphammer it.

Vote: Shraeye

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 17, 2012, 05:15:05 pm »

The wagon was silly, but I wanted to derphammer it just because so many people said that it wouldn't happen.

Careful guys - when Insomniac increases his font size - you know he's found scum.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2012, 05:15:47 pm »

Careful guys - when Insomniac increases his font size - you know he's found scum.

it's true the only other time I've done it was M8 when you said you had a 0% chance of flipping town ;)

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2012, 05:16:24 pm »

It's hard to derphammer someone at L-2 unless you've coordinated it with your scumbuddies.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2012, 05:29:35 pm »

Vote Count 1.2:
Robz888 (1): Cuzz
Captain_Frisk (1): shraeye
Grujah (3): Voltgloss, Robz888, Eevee
Insomniac (1): Captain_Frisk
Galzria (1): Grujah
Eevee (1): jotheonah
shraeye (1): Insomniac
Not voting (4): yuma, ashersky, Archetype, Galzria

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

Currently Cursed: No one

Curse deadline: Saturday Oct 20, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
Lynch deadline: Tuesday Oct 23, Noon PDT (3 pm forum time)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 05:44:36 pm by Jorbles »

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 17, 2012, 05:37:58 pm »

Didn't Grujah switch to Galz?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 17, 2012, 05:39:02 pm »

I've certainly worked on getting more confidence to my game. I've come to the realization I might actually be ok at scumhunting if I really try rather than sheep other people like a mad man like I did earlier.

Now, what apparently rubs you the wrong way is me "shooting down" Frisk's Insomniac vote. Guyyyyyys. He blamed Insomniac for acting as if he didn't realize Frisk's VT claim was a joke. Why would he do that as mafia? Sure, pushing bad cases is a scumtell, but that's not a bad case. That's not a case at all! What would have been scum-Ins's master plan!?  That no one realized Frisk was obv-kidding and proceeded to policy-lynch him the way you fools lynched PPS day 1 in wafflemafia? How is me pointing this out nothing but pro-town?

The other thing was with Grujah, I just don't see a correlation between his alignment and state of sobriety. "He would only announce he has had a few if he was scum." is quite an assumption imo.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 17, 2012, 05:40:55 pm »

I apoliogized for this in another game already, but I was pretty pissed IRL for not getting proper nutrition when posting here earlier, maybe that's why I came off snappy. I think that explains Cuzz's bad gut-feeling.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 17, 2012, 05:44:52 pm »

Didn't Grujah switch to Galz?

You are correct, sorry missed that. Fixed now.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 17, 2012, 06:16:04 pm »

Hey guise, I'm here. Where's yuma?

Quick thoughts:

Seems like I'm playing with some of the best Mafia players on the forum, should be fun, but a bit intimidating.

Grujah Wagon: Even if he was drunk he could have just came on, said, "Hey guys I'm, I'll be back when I'm sober," instead of continuing to stay online.

Eevee's abnormal anger: I agree, his personality seems a bit off this game. His excuse could be real, or could be just a scrambled attempt to respond to the early votes on him.

Insomniac's scum accusation: I think I agree with this. Insomniac has a knack for finding scum, and what shraeye said is a bit scummy.

I'll have to read back and get some good town/scum reads on people. I just quickly read the thread, and gave this post so people won't accuse me of being a lurker. So far this D1 has been quite the rush!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 17, 2012, 06:21:18 pm »

Archetype's post gave me a town vibe, which is weird because he has (iirc) always been town this far and I've always thought he was scummy.

Yuma not being here yet isn't that big of a deal, this started a bit suddenly (positive surprise!).

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 17, 2012, 06:30:47 pm »

shraeye's derphammer comment comes off as willfully contrarian, but not necessarily scummy.  Like, if he were scum, why would he make a comment like that?  Meh - nullread to me. 

And a suggestion to shraeye, if you are town:  if you actually DO take an anti-town action like derpquickhammering - as opposing to simply saying you were tempted to do so - then you are tanking the game for town, as the rest of the town will not forgive you for it (and scum will happily push them along in that regard).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 68  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.