Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fief/Anaconda  (Read 1589 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
Fief/Anaconda
« on: October 11, 2012, 01:05:58 pm »

Not to toot my own horn, but I thought I had a real shot of winning with this card. I have a feeling people didn't vote for it because of the number of Victory cards already in the set.

Here it is if you don't remember:

Fief
Cost: 3
Victory/Reaction

2 VP
When you gain a Victory card costing 6 or less you may reveal and trash this card from your hand. If you do, gain a copy of the gained Victory card.

I cleaned up the wording a bit.

I'd like to know people's of why did/didn't vote for it. Was it too strong? Too weak? Was the wording too ambiguous? Is it because I made the horrible mistake of leaving out 'Reaction' in it's typing?

Also looking for suggestions for how to word the reaction. Even though I just made it less ambiguous, it's a bit clunky.

Thanks.

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
Re: Fief/Anaconda
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2012, 02:21:05 pm »

What I said earlier:
This is just a discount, received in advance, for when you get a victory card. I could imagine this getting picked up on the first shuffle of greening.

The only advantage to getting this earlier than another victory card is the chance to "upgrade" this into the slightly more expensive card. The cards this works best with are Fairgrounds, Duchy (especially Duke games), Silk Road, and Gardens (sometimes Canal and Museum). Farmlands and Tea House are nombos. This only costs 1 less than the last Silk Road and Gardens. The bonus you get from having it in your hand is so little that you would still be willing to discard it to Militia or Warehouse style cards most of the time. Just being a 2VP for 3 is the most game impacting about this being a Kingdom card.

I think the cost and effect are fair.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 22 queries.