Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: The Custom designed kingdoms  (Read 1497 times)

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
The Custom designed kingdoms
« on: October 09, 2012, 11:04:17 am »
+1

I know there are several thread like this, but I haven't found any really "serious".
So, here are my kingdom suggestions. They were all tested. The goal was to create, of course, interesting kingdoms (it means : various different viable strategies, and/or a kingdom where all cards can be used somehow, and/or kingdoms with a few traps)
(many -if not all- of these are findable on dominiondeck : brokoli)
Feel free to add your own kingdoms or to post comment on these created decks !
(I will add the eventual others designed kingdoms in this post)

1 set
Base set only :
1.1) Cellar, Moat, Spy, Feast, Militia, Moneylender, Remodel, Council room, Festival, Library

2 sets
Base - Seaside :
2.1) Embargo, Ambassador, Gardens, Militia, Salvager, Thief, Treasure map, Mine, Treasury, Adventurer

3 sets
Base - Intrigue - Prosperity :
3.1) Village, Swindler, Loan, Baron, Bridge, Throne room, Mine, Rabble, Harem, Hoard

4 sets or + :

Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity, Cornucopia, Hinterlands, Promo Black Market
4.1) Ambassador, Scheme, Black Market, Baron, Horn of Plenty, Inn, Rabble, Fairgrounds, King's court
Base, Intrigue, Seaside, Alchemy, Cornucopia, Hinterlands
4.2) Apothecary, Crossroads, Scheme, Cutpurse, Gardens, Cartographer, Council room, Harvest, Market, Stables
Base, Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity, Dark Ages
4.3) Chancellor, Market Square, Wishing well, Smugglers, Quarry, Smithy, City, Count, Altar, Peddler
4.4) Pearl Diver, Steward, Mining village, Baron, Caravan, Sea Hag, Monument, Rats, Catacombs, Bank
Base, Intrigue, Seaside, Alchemy, Prosperity
4.5) Herbalist, Mining village, Remodel, Golem, Coppersmith, Minion, Bazaar, Rabble, Tactician, Bank
Intrigue, Seaside, Alchemy, Prosperity, Cornucopia, Hinterlands, Dark Ages
4.6) Haven, Steward, Menagerie, Urchin, Storeroom, Death Cart, Feodum, Apprentice, Jester, Border village

Comments :
1.1)This one is only to prove that an engine can work in the base set
2.1)Gardens is a counter to ambassador. Thief is a counter to treasure map. Treasury is a source of money that can counter Thief. Salvager is a counter to gardens. Ambassador is a counter to salvager. I see two possible things : Thief-Gardens or Salvager-Treasure map. Embargo and Militia are counter to some strategies, too. So you must be very careful to what your opponent does.
3.1)Engine (Village, Loan, Rabble, Bridge, Throne room), or -Big- money (Loan, Mine, Rabble, Harem, Hoard)
4.1)KC - Scheme or Black market - Fairgrounds ? Or both ? Horn of plenty megaturn is viable too.
4.2)Interesting copper interactions : Apothecary, Cutpurse, Stables.
4.3)An interesting synergy between Altar and City. Market square provides an opportunity to buy a couple of peddlers, but the reaction part is also useful with Altar.
4.4)Rats is a great counter to Sea Hag, but on the other side rats are difficult to play well and the only way to get rid of them is steward...
4.5)Herbalist-Bank-Coppersmith with tactician, villages and card draw ! It proves that coppersmith is sometimes massive... remodel and golem can both help this engine somehow.
4.6)Huge things. Apprentice-BV. Menagerie. Death cart. Storeroom as a +buy. Urchin with Jester. Some interesting decisions : should I trash early with steward or wait for the mercenary ? Should I take a feodum for the silver piņata ?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 05:47:59 pm by brokoli »

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
Re: The Custom designed kingdoms
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 05:22:32 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but 4.5 says Base, Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity. . . .Herbalist and Golem are from Alchemy.

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Re: The Custom designed kingdoms
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 05:48:26 pm »

Maybe I'm missing something here, but 4.5 says Base, Intrigue, Seaside, Prosperity. . . .Herbalist and Golem are from Alchemy.

Fixed, thanks !
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.4 seconds with 21 queries.