Author Topic: Firsts  (Read 1507 times)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3413
    • View Profile
Firsts
« on: October 08, 2012, 05:00:25 am »
+5

After having played over 3000 games on Iso, every once and a while I still run into something I'm doing for the first time.

Just a couple of minutes ago, I played a game with University and Vineyards. There was another interesting card: Remodel. To win the Vineyards split 6-2 and end the game, I remodeled a University down to a Vineyards. I don't remember ever Remodeling a Potion card down to a Vineyards before, but it was certainly a neat trick. Remodeling down doesn't happen very often and this may have been my first at that too.

It just amazes me that after so many games, there are still things I do for the first time.

What are some of your memorable firsts? Obviously beginning players will have a lot more firsts, but feel free to post anything that you found interesting.

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
Re: Firsts
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 01:18:45 pm »

I recently used 2x Remake to turn 4 Coppers into 4 Provinces (Highway of course). It's something I've attempted a few times in the past without success.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

jotheonah

• Jester
  • Respect: +952
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:04:20 pm »

I emptied the Coppers as the first empty pile for the first time recently! (Goons game)  The weirdest result being that if you bought an Estate with Haggler in play, you had to take a curse, and we were playing a lot of Hagglers. Since taking a curse totally negates the value of the Estates, they mostly didn't get bought. Weird game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2012, 02:32:02 am »

I've played quite a bit and of course bought a curse to finish a game off, but never until today have I bought all 10 curses in one turn to finish a game.

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201210/08/game-20121008-232914-1a02ccba.html

Also noteworthy from this game is using KC-Bureaucrat to gain fodder for KC-Bishop.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 02:34:40 am by Wingnut »

Asklepios

• Duke
  • Respect: +117
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 07:17:25 am »

After having played over 3000 games on Iso, every once and a while I still run into something I'm doing for the first time.

Just a couple of minutes ago, I played a game with University and Vineyards. There was another interesting card: Remodel. To win the Vineyards split 6-2 and end the game, I remodeled a University down to a Vineyards. I don't remember ever Remodeling a Potion card down to a Vineyards before, but it was certainly a neat trick. Remodeling down doesn't happen very often and this may have been my first at that too.

It just amazes me that after so many games, there are still things I do for the first time.

What are some of your memorable firsts? Obviously beginning players will have a lot more firsts, but feel free to post anything that you found interesting.

:O

For some reason it never occurred to me that you might go University -> Vineyard on a remodel. Really clever.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.434 seconds with 21 queries.