Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combo: Ghost Ship + Fortune Teller  (Read 10444 times)

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
Combo: Ghost Ship + Fortune Teller
« on: August 18, 2011, 02:44:12 am »

Ok, so this probably isn't the most practical combo in most circumstances, but here's a game I played recently where I used it to great effect.

Having gained most of the alchemists, I was able to pull this off nearly every turn from midgame on. Ghost ship on it's own, played every turn, is a devastating attack. What the fortune teller adds is the inability for the opponent to top deck useful things hoping for a better turn next time, making it that much nastier. I suppose one way to somewhat circumvent this would be to use a victory card as a shield for one other card.  Since they are both terminals, you need a village type card. This makes the combo practical only in large action chain engines.

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: Combo: Ghost Ship + Fortune Teller
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 03:56:36 am »

Split Victory/Other cards (i.e Nobles, Harem and to some extent Great Hall and Island) would counter this, but as you said, it's not going to be that common anyway.

ARTjoMS

• Bishop
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 06:55:36 am »

If your engine is good enough to draw them both and opponent knows what he is doing then it is most probably better to play fortune teller first.
When a friend of mine sees a girl he finds attractive, he remarks how he'd like to "Throne Room" or "King's Court" her.
- Axe Knight

''Especially regarding such an iconic (and somewhat infamous) name that is known as ARTjoMS.'' - shark_bait is boosting my ego.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:03:04 am »

Occasionally changing the order of play can leave your opponent guessing. I've no idea why your opponent didn't buy scrying pools.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.