Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: Make up your own card?  (Read 30852 times)

grep

• Apprentice
  • Respect: +449
    • View Profile
Re: Make up your own card?
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2011, 05:11:22 am »

A simple converter of spare actions into cash:

Corvée (or, if you like, Barshchina :) )
Action
Cost $3
+$1. Return this card into your hand.

Make your villages work for you :)

Porygon3.14

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2011, 06:55:48 pm »

Here are a few ideas I came up with. I haven't had time to playtest them, but what do you guys think?

Pilgrimage $4
Action
+1 Action
Ignore the effects of all Reaction and Duration cards (including yours) until the beginning of your next turn.

Spirit Pact $4
Action
Gain any number of Curse cards, putting them into your hand. Choose an Action card from your hand and play it as many times as the number of Curses you gained. No Action resulting from this card may trash cards or return cards to the supply pile.

Consecration $3
Action
Trash any number of cards from your hand. +1 Card for each card you trash.

Reanimate $4
Action
Put exactly 5 cards from the Trash on top of your deck in any order. If there are fewer than 5 cards in the Trash, this does nothing.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:09:21 pm by Porygon3.14 »

minced

• Coppersmith
  • Respect: +1
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2011, 07:30:07 pm »

Here are a few ideas I came up with. I haven't had time to playtest them, but what do you guys think?

Pilgrimage $5
Action
+1 Action
For the rest of your turn, ignore the effects of all Reaction and Duration cards (including yours).

Spirit Pact $4
Action
Gain any number of Curse cards, putting them into your hand. Choose an Action card from your hand and play it as many times as the number of Curses you gained. No Action resulting from this card may trash cards or return cards to the supply pile.

Consecration $3
Action

Reanimate $4
Action
Put exactly 5 cards from the Trash on top of your deck in any order. If there are fewer than 5 cards in the Trash, this does nothing.

Pilgrimage: since there are no duration cards or reactions that currently attack, and you *really* want your own duration effects, not really worth making the only effect of a card.

Spirit Pact: Gain ten curses, play bridge ten times, buy out the provinces.

Consecration: ... It's basically a somewhat better chapel in early game and worthless in late game, so... well, it's chapel.

Reanimate: I've thought of cards like this one before. Problem is, the effect is either ridiculous (saboteur games) or worthless (upgrade trashes coppers). A card that did this would also need a trashing effect so it complements itself.

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
  • Respect: +1379
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2011, 07:33:13 pm »

Oh kay...

Pilgrimage $5
Action
+1 Action
For the rest of your turn, ignore the effects of all Reaction and Duration cards (including yours).

The wording of this card is not consistent with the rules of Dominion. Leaving that to one side, it is useless in any set without Reaction or Duration cards, also useless in any set without Attacks (I assume the intention of this card is to make Reactions unplayable in response to your Attacks?). Overpriced for its (mostly negative) effect.

Spirit Pact $4
Action
This is ridiculous with Masquerade in the game. It also has some rather strange interactions with King's Court, Throne Room and Golem.

Consecration $3
Action

Reanimate $4
Action
Ah, a Priceless-Or-Worthless card. Completely useless if the game contains no trasher, worthless in most setups, brilliant in Swindler/Saboteur games.
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

Porygon3.14

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2011, 09:14:35 pm »

Retribution $3
Action - Reaction
+1 Card per card gained by the player to your right during his last turn.
When you would gain a card as a result of another player's attack, you may discard this card and that player gains that card instead of you.

enigma

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2011, 10:25:13 pm »

Here's a few ideas that come to mind:

Faustian Contract $3
Action
Gain up to 3 curses from the curse pile.
For every curse you gain, +$1 and +1 card

Junkyard $6
Action/Reaction
+1 Action
Action: Trash a card from your hand. Gain a different card of equal cost from the Trash Pile
Reaction: If another player trashes a card, you may show and discard this card to gain that card.

Exorcist $6
Action
+1 Action
Reveal the top 5 cards on your deck. If any of them are curses, draw those curses into your hand.
Then return any curses from your hand to the curse pile.

Typhoid Mary $3
(Curse?)/Action/Attack
Worth -1/-2 VP in your deck
+1 Card
All other players gain a curse

Commune $5
Action
+2 Cards +2 Actions -1 Buy
When this card is removed from play, either place it on the top of your deck or trash it.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:28:38 pm by enigma »

Diving Pikachu

• Navigator
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 15, 2011, 01:26:06 am »

Faustian Contract $3
Action

Junkyard $6
Action/Reaction
+1 Action
Action: Trash a card from your hand. Gain a different card of equal cost from the Trash Pile
Reaction: If another player trashes a card, you may show and discard this card to gain that card.

Exorcist $6
Action
+1 Action
Reveal the top 5 cards on your deck. If any of them are curses, draw those curses into your hand.

Typhoid Mary $3
(Curse?)/Action/Attack
+1 Card

Commune $5
Action
When this card is removed from play, either place it on the top of your deck or trash it.

In a set that lacks attacks, +buys, or gaining effects, Commune would be a dead card.  Especially if there's no +buy, it would make your turns very boring, and force you to spam Ambassadors or something. Typhoid Mary allows you to open with doublefisting a cursing attack, which would slow the game down very quickly and not be fun for anybody. The +1 card would help you wade through the curses a little, but not enough. In most cases, Junkyard is useless, because your deck is full of low-cost cards and you're striving for higher-cost actions/treasures, most of the time. And no one trashes good cards either.

enigma

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2011, 02:52:15 am »

Faustian Contract $3
Action

Junkyard $6
Action/Reaction
+1 Action

Exorcist $6
Action
+1 Action

Typhoid Mary $3
(Curse?)/Action/Attack
+1 Card

Commune $5
Action

In a set that lacks attacks, +buys, or gaining effects, Commune would be a dead card.  Especially if there's no +buy, it would make your turns very boring, and force you to spam Ambassadors or something. Typhoid Mary allows you to open with doublefisting a cursing attack, which would slow the game down very quickly and not be fun for anybody. The +1 card would help you wade through the curses a little, but not enough. In most cases, Junkyard is useless, because your deck is full of low-cost cards and you're striving for higher-cost actions/treasures, most of the time. And no one trashes good cards either.

Good point with Commune, though I'm not sure how often those sets occur given those various constraints.
As for Typhoid Mary - yeah it should probably be increased to $4 - That way it becomes essentially a weaker Young Witch with no bane card.
As for Junkyard, I've seen people trash their province and gain a province to quickly deplete the province deck enough times that it strikes me as plausible. Heck, I've seen enough late game uses of Lookout go bad to make this potentially useful. However, given the card's cost, it probably may be worth it to make it more versatile.

Updated versions of Commune and Junkyard

Commune $6
+2 Cards +2 Action -1 Buy
You may gain a card costing up to $4

My thinking on Commune - It could make for an very good Gardens engine assuming that either one has enough buys on the field to counteract its -1 Buy or waited before playing the first one until you have enough to gain many cards in a turn. I figured originally that there were enough +buy cards or gain cards (Like workshop which I've now essentially rolled into the card) to counteract the -1 buy downside.

Junkyard $6
Action/Reaction
+1 Action +1 Buy +1 Card +$1
Action: You may purchase cards from the Trash Pile during your Buy phase this turn. During this turn's Buy Phase, the cost of cards in the Trash Pile is reduced by $2 to a minimum of $0.

Now it's a free action Trash Bridge that at worst is an overpriced market.  :)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 02:57:09 am by enigma »

Diving Pikachu

• Navigator
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2011, 03:14:17 am »

Unnamed $5 action (Attack)
+$1
Look at the top two cards of your deck and reveal as many of them as you like.
If you reveal one, everyone else gains a copy of that card.
If you reveal two, trash both. You may gain any card worth their costs combined.
If you reveal no cards, all other players gain a curse.
=========

This is basically a monied Witch that sacrifices 1 card  (I'm figuring the one coin used up the other card) for some flexibility. You can curse until the curses run out, and then continue with coppers. Or you can trash the cards that show up, and maybe even get something useful.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 03:38:30 am by Diving Pikachu »

tlloyd

• Tactician
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 15, 2011, 04:58:01 am »

I've been working on a few ideas, but I think these two are my best so far:

Revolutionary
Type: Action – Attack
Cost: $5
Effect:
“Each other player reveals cards from their deck until they reveal a Victory card, which they return to the supply. In exchange they gain a cheaper Victory card or a Curse, plus one Estate.”

Witch Doctor
Type: Action – Attack
Cost: $6
Effect:
“+2 Cards. Choose one: Trash any number of Curses from your hand, gain 1VP (token) per curse   
                                 OR
                                 Each other player -1VP (token) and gains a Curse.”
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 05:02:28 am by tlloyd »

Diving Pikachu

• Navigator
  • ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2011, 03:30:12 pm »

Here's an idea of mine. If you're wondering about the name, this idea comes from a Train-themed fan expansion I've been working on.

CONDUCTOR
Action/Attack - (5)
-
+(2)
Each other player reveals and discards a Victory card from his hand. If he doesn't, he reveals his hand, then discards the Treasure card with the highest cost of his choice from his hand.

While I'm at it, here's another from the same fan-expansion.

SNACK CART
Action - (3)
-
Trash a Treasure card from your hand. If you do, choose an Action card in the supply other than Snack Cart costing up to (3) more than the trashed card. Play that card's effect.

Flavor-wise you got some problems, as Dominion cards range from Medieval to Renaissance-era themes. But other than that, Snack Cart's copper-trashing would definitely be useful, though you might be in trouble if this is the only $2 or $3. Trashing a silver for the benefit of a $5 or $6 could cause some issues, however. In the third turn, if you opened with this and silver, you could Mountebank everyone else and buy another silver or a $4 card. If this was in Multiplayer, everyone could play a Mountebank on the third or fourth turn, leaving everyone's decks riddled with curses and not much-improved. It could really slow things down. Conductor is useless against dual-typed Victory cards.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.584 seconds with 21 queries.