Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: It's me, Eevee!  (Read 10462 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
Re: It's me, Eevee!
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 02:00:35 pm »

-1 for crushing my dreams of easy money.
I did it because I like you.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 11:17:04 am »

"It's a hard way to make an easy living."

And E is right, it would be tough to start from scratch in today's online world.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

Sigismundo

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 11:47:25 am »

And E is right, it would be tough to start from scratch in today's online world.

Ha ha no doubt.  Back in Party Poker day's it was like printing money if you were any good.  Now even .5/1 or 1-2 NL games are mostly filled with decent enough (though maybe not creative) Tight Aggressive multi-tabling dudes with HUD's.  Games are so much tougher now across the board and you really have to be good at game selection if your are playing bigger games.

I was already losing interest in Poker as a serious thing before Black Friday, as living in Massachusetts it is brutal if you actually pay your taxes since you have to declare your wins, but can't declare your losses.  Then there is the vagueness of what a "session" is on how you declare.  I would basically just consider one day a session to make it not seem weird in case of an audit.   The other thing was to get better than where I was I basically had to start moving up to limits past 2/4 where is was hard to compartmentalize the amounts you could lose even if you play well and just run poorly.  Even the best players go on downswings of 20 buy ins or more at times.  Some top dudes (Durrr/Galfond/Isuldur) can be on a swing where they have lost hundreds of thousands easily but still have a positive year.   Then once you do run poorly it can effect you outside of playing just being bummed out in daily life.

Eevee what games do you play?  PLO is probably my favorite, though the swings are insane.  If online becomes ok again in the US I might play again but probably never above 1/2.  Looking forward to getting the couple thousand I had on FT when the shit went down....I can't believe it actually seems like it might happen now!

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 11:53:13 am »

Holy crap, people may actually be getting their FT money back? Never thought I would see that day.

I also lost a lot of interest once you couldn't play hundreds of stupid people any more, plus the bots were getting so sophisticated and the addition of the HUD's really irked me and put me at a disadvantage!
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 12:54:53 pm »

I play heads up no limit holdem pretty much exclusively. 85% 5-10 and 15% 10-20 with no immediate plans of moving up. Us euros get the ftp-gold back right away, so less than a month now which is pretty sweet. :) I'm possibly even more excited about gettibg to play there again though! I'd imagine the process might still be a little painful for us players but hopefully it will be resolved quickly.

Sigismundo

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +6
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2012, 03:53:23 pm »

Haha talk about timing.  I just got this email from FT

As a player on Full Tilt Poker, you may be aware of the recent settlement reached with the U.S. Department of Justice (the "DOJ").

Full Tilt Poker will not offer real money online poker in the U.S. until it is permissible to do so under relevant law.

In relation to your account balance, you will have the opportunity to file petition with the DOJ through a remission process which will be administrated by the DOJ.

In light of the above, only play chip games will be available to Full Tilt Poker players in the U.S. following re-launch, in the first week of November, 2012. Your Full Tilt Points balance will remain intact in your account.

Please note that we are unable to answer queries in relation to your funds - all such questions should be directed to the DOJ in accordance with the procedure to be defined by them.

Hopefully this DOJ remission process isn't a total pain.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +856
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2012, 10:01:57 pm »

-snip-
PLO is probably my favorite, though the swings are insane.
/snip
PLO is the Cadillac Lexus Bentley of poker games.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
  • Respect: +234
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 07:37:45 pm »

Very interesting introduction eevee! Love the parts about poker. Still completely don't see how it is related to dominion however...

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2012, 09:39:01 pm »

Very interesting introduction eevee! Love the parts about poker. Still completely don't see how it is related to dominion however...
Like dominion is related to baseball. Game of skill, but with different skill sets.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
  • Respect: +2019
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 08:22:59 am »

Hey Eevee, I'm totally playing against a guy who's from Vantaa. I'm assuming that means more you to than to me.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 02:16:29 pm »

Hey Eevee, I'm totally playing against a guy who's from Vantaa. I'm assuming that means more you to than to me.
Neighbour city. It's like playing someone from new jersey if you were from new york.  :)

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 03:06:09 pm »
+1

Neighbour The other city. It's like playing someone from new jersey if you were from new york.  :)

FTFY
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 21 queries.