Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Council Room Datamining  (Read 3295 times)

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
Council Room Datamining
« on: October 02, 2012, 09:33:27 am »
+1

I'm curious about the current state of Council Room and when/if it's expected to come back etc...

But let's assume that Council Room is going to come back, with such large pool of data we can do a lot of interesting data mining.

I'm curious about the answers to the following questions for example:
- Which cards are the most dominant (easy to answer by looking at Gain% and possibly weight them according to user ratings)?
- Which expansion has the highest gain% average per card?
- Which cards can make bad cards better without being dominant? I mean, Gardens makes Workshop better, but G/W is also a dominant strategy on its own

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
Re: Council Room Datamining
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 09:48:24 am »

I'm curious about the current state of Council Room and when/if it's expected to come back etc...

But let's assume that Council Room is going to come back, with such large pool of data we can do a lot of interesting data mining.

i've had a little side project in mind for a little that would be dependent on council room data.  it started off as thinking through a way to try to quantify a player's skill level based on specific attributes. that is, instead of a classical isotropic level it would instead be component levels based off of skill with big money, engines, alt vp, or attacks.

my thought was to crowdsource a ranking of each card based off how useful it is in a stereotypical BM/engine/etc game, so say a 0-5 ranking in each category.  then take that ranking of each card and match it up with player's CR data to attempt to generate some sort of ranking/skill for each set. i'm not sure how well it would work but it was something i was interested in seeing.

at the very least, i thought that crowdsourcing that sort of ranking for each card could be useful for kingdom creation and rating. but that is something that wei-hwa huang has apparently touched on anyway. and besides, that wouldn't take CR data.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.