nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
Nook
« on: September 30, 2012, 11:39:22 am »
+1

In my submission to the rinkworks contest nonterminal draw, I attached the following idea (choice between self-Minion and draw up to 6) as an externality to a Laboratory.  I'm wondering how it would do on its own -- as a card you'd voluntarily play.

Here's one version.

Nook
$3 -- Action
+1 Action
Choose one: Discard your hand and draw up to 4 cards in hand; or draw up to 6 cards in hand.

===============

Here's another version that may help with the self-combo aspect.  I think this would be more fun to play, but I'm seeing from the rinkworks reaction contest, that I'm not great at judging the likely consequences of reactions.

Nook
$4 -- Action - Reaction
+1 Action
Choose one: Discard your hand and draw up to 4 cards in hand; or draw up to 6 cards in hand.
---
When you discard this other than from play, you may reveal this and put it on top of your deck instead.

============

Thoughts?

brokoli

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +786
    • View Profile
Re: Nook
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 12:08:27 pm »

The first version seems a little too strong. The first you play is often better than a single lab...

I like the second version. The reaction is very interesting and add a good self-synergy.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 12:12:12 pm by brokoli »

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 12:17:40 pm »

They both seem to strong for their costs to me. Draw up to 6 is very strong, especially attached to actions.

nopawnsintended

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +186
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 01:08:35 pm »
+1

They both seem to strong for their costs to me. Draw up to 6 is very strong, especially attached to actions.

I'm leaning toward the reactiony version.  Do you think it could work at $5?  Or, maybe keep the $4 cost and partially detach the +Action.

Nook 2.0
$4 -- Action-Reaction
Choose one:  Draw up to 6 cards in hand, or +1 Action, discard your hand and draw up to 4 cards in hand.
---
When you discard this other than from play, you may reveal this and put it on top of your deck instead.

===

This version would give you one mulligan, and you need to work to make it have actions.  As this is, I'm not sure the ability to mulligan and self-combo a bit compares favorably to Watchtower.

One Armed Man

• Tactician
  • Respect: +88
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 02:07:52 pm »

I'm leaning toward the reactiony version.  Do you think it could work at $5?  Or, maybe keep the $4 cost and partially detach the +Action.

Nook 2.0
$4 -- Action-Reaction
Choose one:  Draw up to 6 cards in hand, or +1 Action, discard your hand and draw up to 4 cards in hand.
---

===

This version would give you one mulligan, and you need to work to make it have actions.  As this is, I'm not sure the ability to mulligan and self-combo a bit compares favorably to Watchtower.
I like this version much better.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.