Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I'm playing dark ages! "peasants" recommended set  (Read 1042 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
I'm playing dark ages! "peasants" recommended set
« on: September 29, 2012, 12:09:10 am »
+2

So I recently got my copy of dark ages, and did something I felt was fantastic.  I just love Dark Ages thus far.  I was playing the "Peasants" recommended setup using Seaside and Dark Ages: Death Cart, Feodum, Poor House, Urchin, Vagrant / Fishing Village, Haven, Island, Lookout, Warehouse.

Opened Warehouse/Fishing village, then bought two urchins on turns 3 and 4.  I got another urchin and fishing village quickly.  Pretty quickly, I was playing Mercenaries, and trashing all my money, so I could chain poor houses together using Fishing Villages for the win.  One problem, I didn't have any +Buy.  Buuuuut, Death Cart was out, so the Ruins pile was there.  Guess who spent $10 on a Ruined Market??? [[this is the play I thought was just fantastic, how often do you spend $10 on a 0 cost card, and even begin to think it was a good choice?]]  It turns out it was a crucial buy, and that helped me keep things running while pickup up provinces almost every turn.  I won easily and joy abounded.

I trashed some cards out with my mercenary, but I roughly had a deck that looked like this, 4 Poor Houses, 2 Mercenaries (was 3), 3 fishing villages, 1 vagrant, 3 islands, and I trashed my 1 warehouse since I was getting hit by mercenaries so often that I couldn't afford to start with a 2 card hand, even if they were nice cards.  I never touched Death Cart, Lookout, Feodum, or Havens.

Has anyone else played this board? What happened? How did you play it?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 20 queries.