Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Walled Village availability  (Read 3280 times)

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
Walled Village availability
« on: August 16, 2011, 10:35:44 am »

Does anyone know when Walled Village will be available to be purchased? I'm assuming it will be on the BGG store, but is there another source I should be checking? Is there an estimated release date?

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: Walled Village availability
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 10:39:40 am »

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/661922/new-dominion-promo-card-set

Quote from: Jay Tummelson
Rio Grande Games will offer a new Dominion promo card set at both Origins and Gencon. As with other promo cards, these are not limited and will be available to all here on BGG after the two conventions. The cards sets will also be available through B&M retailers after the two conventions. Please visit our booth at either convention to get your promo sets, which will be available with a purchase at the booth.

Jay

and

Quote from: Jay Tummelson
I would expect them to be available toward the end of August everywhere

Jay

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25712
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 10:49:08 am »

Does anyone know when Walled Village will be available to be purchased? I'm assuming it will be on the BGG store, but is there another source I should be checking? Is there an estimated release date?
It will be at the BGG store at some point, but I am guessing that will not be until after Essen.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:05:27 am »

I've learned to strike when the iron is hot, though. I stopped by the RGG booth on Friday afternoon of GenCon and learned they were all out of Walled Villages already. I was a sad panda.

The bright side is that I stopped myself from buying the Alhambra Big Box and possibly causing another $25 in luggage fees, but I still wanted that Walled Village.
A man has no signature

lympi

• Salvager
  • You'll never catch me, Copper
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01:38:12 pm »

I'm hoping to find it somewhere in the hallowed halls of PAX next weekend, I mean, somebody must have it, right? There's like a bazillion retailers there, and Dominion tournaments to boot.
Then God said, Let there be a Village, and another Village, and another Village, and a Village, and I've got a silver and a copper. I'll buy a Village. -Ousgg on BGG

agrajag

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 02:57:21 pm »

Is it a thing people want that badly? The card seems a bit underwhelming to me. I mean, I ordered Black Market on BGG a while back because it's awesome, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get any of the other promos.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2221
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 03:02:21 pm »

Is it a thing people want that badly? The card seems a bit underwhelming to me. I mean, I ordered Black Market on BGG a while back because it's awesome, but I wouldn't go out of my way to get any of the other promos.

Some people are just completionists. I claim to not be one, but yet here I am lamenting on the fact that I was too late to grab a Walled Village at GenCon.

Hell, I buy the promo cards for Thunderstone, and I haven't even played it in months.

For some of us, there's that need to get everything. That's why I'm so glad I don't play Magic anymore.
A man has no signature

play2draw

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2011, 09:53:23 pm »

Since this hasn't been mentioned here yet, the Walled Village is now in the BGG store :P

The Adventurer

• Alchemist
  • Respect: +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2011, 11:12:43 pm »

Wow. Speaking of completionist, I totally am. But at 5$ for that pack and nothing else, not even blanks... It'll sit there for a while before I pick it up! It's like paying 150$ for seaside...

aestrivex

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
    • socionics workshop
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 06:53:15 pm »

if i really, actually wanted walled village, i would add a blank to the shuffle stack, write walled village on it, and use another 4-cost village card as a proxy.  but, it seems like an extremely dull card with very limited use.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.211 seconds with 20 queries.