Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! Day 1 Started.  (Read 66040 times)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! Day 1 Started.
« on: September 25, 2012, 06:50:32 pm »

Setup is Alternating 9P.

Mafia Ruleset (blatantly stolen from Axxle, as per tradition)
Rules with * are new or changed, read them.

Game Rules:

Sign-ups and Pre-game:
1*. First 13 people the sign-up will play. Any additional sign-ups will be put into replacement queque, in case somebody drops out.
2*. Once we get 13 sign-up. I'll send Role PMs. Your either get a "VT" "Mafia Goon" or "a PR" role. You won't immedately know what PR are you.
3*. We will wait until everybody confirms. Prolonging this stage might be considered cheating.
4*. After everybody confirms, Mafia gets 24 hours to decide which PRs to choose. After they do, they will be distributed to selected Townies and than the game will begin.

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage via Quicktopic.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
6*. You can send early or conditional actions if you are sure what you will do during the Night.
7. As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. A simple majority (rounded up) of all living members must agree on one person for a lynch to occur prior to deadline.
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous. *Format might change if I get around to making an auto-counter.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will generally have 7 days day deadlines. Some deadlines will be extended so that the do not end on weekends but on Monday instead.If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, no lynch will occur, and the game will go into night. And 2 days nights.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9*. Dead Mafia players will be restrained from posting in Quicktopic.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, green text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is math-based cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5*. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity on demand by players.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice.
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
8. If a one-shot power is roleblocked, the power IS used up.
9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.
10*. Because I am anal about this, any file to be linked (a picture, document, etc) is to be sent to me, so I can host it and than you'll get a link that I can guarnatee won't change. Links so mafiascum, f.ds, and other informative sites will be allowed.
11*. Any question to the Moderator concerning your role or similar hidden information is to be PMed. Any public question that you might ask need to be written in red.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:46:42 pm by Grujah »

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere! 2 more needed!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 06:50:43 pm »

Playerlist:

Tyler Durden
Sakon and Ukon
Aggron Stonebreaker
Professor Quirrell
Harvey Dent
Smeagol
Doduo
Dr Jekyll
Zaphod Beeblebrox
---------

SwitchFromStarcraft
Voltgloss
Galzria
Robz888
Eevee
Axxle
jotheonah
Ashersky
Glooble
cayvie
Insomniac
shraeye
theMunch
pingpongsam
Archtype
O
Captain_Frisk
DSell
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 05:48:36 pm by Grujah »

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIII: Hydras, Hydras everywhere!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 06:50:58 pm »

In.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 06:56:19 pm »

oh god so in
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 06:58:09 pm »

Ok, this will be a game where more people will share a single account. (mostly likely 2 per 1 account).

First, as I am not 100% sure on format, I would like some input if you are interested in playing(I have most of these already decided, but I might change based on answers):

1. Should who is behind which account be public or private?
If private:
2. Should players know whom their partner is?
3. Should scum know whom are actually players in their scumteam?
4. Should there be a guessing minigame for players/specs?
5. Should there be a post restriction on revealing/speculating your/other's identities?
6. Should there be some basically VT roles that have some "player investigation powers"?
7. Should all hydras have same amount (2 heads)?
Oh yes, important one:
8. Should hydra heads (partners) be allowed to speak to each other a) during day b)during night?

If I figure out some more questions I am going to post them.

Also theory kinda needs to OK me making these extra accounts.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:03:36 pm by Grujah »

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 07:04:48 pm »

1. I think accounts should be private
2. Players should know who their partner is
3. I don't think there's a reasonable way to keep scum from finding out who the players in their team are.
4. Of course there should be a spectator guessing game! Players, maybe not; I think there will already be plenty of speculation, no need to encourage it.
5. There should be a restriction on revealing your partner's identity. Maybe one on revealing your own as well. Speculation is fine.
6. No. Player investigation is a bad road to go down.
7. 2 heads sounds good, certainly stick with that until we figure out the nuances of this variation.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 07:05:05 pm »

I assume pairs will be randomized? I guess I vote for maximum transparency (tell everything), even though secrecy would indeed create a fun minigame in guessing who is who.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 07:06:01 pm »

Oh yes two heads for everyone certainly.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 07:11:38 pm »

/in

Hydras should probably be public.  People are going to mess up anyway and accidentally post in their main account (unless we do this offsite).
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 07:16:08 pm »

I'll tentatively /in

I think pairs should know each other, but in every public aspect it should be secret. Part of the fun will be in not knowing what meta's are attributable to which account.

I would even be hesitantly interested in the players themselves not knowing who their partners are. Hydra heads should be uniform however, and a full list of active players in the game should be in the lead post. Also, when a Hydra dies, I think it should be revealed who was behind it.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 07:16:50 pm »

what are hydras and how do they work?

I'm probably not in unless they're really awesome, MXI and RMM3 are enough for me to keep track of.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 07:18:28 pm »

8.) is one of more imporant ones, ie should heads talk to each other or not (I think yes, btw).

ftl - Hydras is this:

There will be new accounts. 2 players will control 1 account. All rest is regular.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 07:33:07 pm by Grujah »

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 07:30:21 pm »

8) is one of more imporant ones, ie should heads talk to each other or not (I think yes, btw).

ftl - Hydras is this:

There will be new accounts. 2 players will control 1 account. All rest is regular.

Wouldn't they pretty much have to know who the other is, since they could message themselves? And this really isn't be something that could be regulated.

I'm proooobably not in unless it's still really far from starting.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Young Nick

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 07:31:21 pm »

I'm interested, but we'll see how things are looking when sign-ups come around.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2012, 07:32:20 pm »

in

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2012, 07:38:35 pm »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2012, 08:13:35 pm »

in if I am dead in MXI when this starts. out if I am still alive.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 08:15:08 pm »

Heh, same, I'd definitely be in if I'm dead in one of my other games by then, but probably not if they're all still going.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2012, 10:13:09 pm »

In.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2012, 10:13:52 pm »

Out
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 10:35:51 pm »

If there's space, /in

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2012, 11:11:29 pm »

IN

Now Ill go read about the setup...
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ehunt

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: ehunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2012, 11:12:29 pm »

in if it's small.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2012, 11:18:00 pm »

hope to be in.  This sounds fun.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2012, 11:39:53 pm »

in if it's small.

The number of players may be large, but with accounts shared hopefully the town size won't be huge.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.