Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Another attempt at a Potion cost Card  (Read 912 times)

Graystripe77

• Tactician
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
    • Dreamkeeperscomic.com
Another attempt at a Potion cost Card
« on: September 22, 2012, 01:27:07 pm »

Storyteller: 2p or 3p
Action
+1 Buy
Trash any number of cards with the same name from your hand. For each card trashed, if it is a(n):
Action, +2 Actions.
Treasure, +$2.
Victory, +2 Cards.

This card is really fun, but even though I've played with it a bit now, I still don't know what to think of it. I don't have much experience making Potion-cost cards, and I'd appreciate some feedback from those who play with them more often.

Rush_Clasic

• Apprentice
  • never knows best
  • Respect: +80
    • View Profile
Re: Another attempt at a Potion cost Card
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 01:54:09 pm »

Making it a Potion cost card has the curious side-effect of occasionally making the treasure-trash part less powerful (you could have drawn another Copper, but instead you drew a Potion). At the same time, it offers its own way to get Potions out of your deck when you no longer want them. That sort of tension makes it an interesting Potion card, if nothing else. I'm not sure this balances out all that well using the Tribute setup. I imagine trashing Actions won't happen all that often, and next to never in quantities great than 1 (save in Ruins games) and even when you do manage to trash multiple actions, getting all of those +Actions is hard to use since, you know, you're trashing Action cards. I'd consider taking a Transmute route instead, where you're cycling cards into other benefits. So, like:

Action, + Cards
Treasure, + Actions
Victory, + $

I just feel the options become more interesting like that.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 20 queries.