Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Author Topic: so this is out?  (Read 61675 times)

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
Re: so this is out?
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 12:57:47 pm »

Man, getsatisfaction won't even let me sign up for an account so I can report the bug.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »
+1

it should show up a string,the server probably crashed again cause i can't log
i know being a dominion forum most people probably don't care but i tried the other 2 games launched on goko and i'm a little disappointed,all king's man is a very simple puzzle game that has nothing to do with board games at all and the reiner knizia game is basicaly a variation of carcassone with a chinese theme

also those stupid creepy 3D avatar are everywhere,it's really annoying

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:05:25 pm by teasel »

SharpWave

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 01:18:25 pm »

Wow.  It's actually up and I'm playing it.  And bought stuff.  The interface will take some getting used to.

ThePhantom

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 01:31:16 pm »

I finally got in.

I know that it's petty to say that the biggest issues I have is with all the fireworks showing cards effecting the discard pile, draw pile, showing the Moneylender trashing the copper, etc.  But here we are.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 01:35:06 pm »

Wow.  It's actually up and I'm playing it.  And bought stuff.  The interface will take some getting used to.

There charging money on the beta site??
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 01:37:54 pm »

It's not the beta site.  Parts of the site still say beta, but it looks like a soft launch - you know - let people start using it, make sure everything works before embarrassing yourself with a media blitz.

If it goes well - well then you're live!  If not - well then it was a beta.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »
+1

It's not the beta site.  Parts of the site still say beta, but it looks like a soft launch - you know - let people start using it, make sure everything works before embarrassing yourself with a media blitz.

If it goes well - well then you're live!  If not - well then it was a beta.

Seems like they shouldn't be offering anything other than the base set because people will be choked if they pull back into beta after spending money on stuff.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 01:42:42 pm »

Turns out they are charging real money, if you read this I would hold off on paying them just yet.

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »
+2

Hi Everyone,

As you can see, we're finally going into Open Beta. We flipped the switch on this morning and are working on issues as they pop up.

We'll be issuing updates today to fix problems we're aware people are experiencing in IE9 and signing on to our Customer Service at GetSatisfaction. In the interim, if you'd like to report bugs you can email me at help@goko.com with the details of your problem.

As a quick side note, if you were a beta tester and find yourself having issues please clear your cookies and cache and then see if you're still having a problem.

Over the next couple of days we'll still be ironing some things out so we will take the site down for maintenance. We'll post to this thread with updates as we have them.

Trisha
help@goko.com

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »

I've seen it happen in other games. There's a D&D app on Facebook where you can pay real money for stuff, even though it claims to be a beta.

That has caused some contention in the forums.

"Such-and-such didn't work."
"Relax. It's still a beta."
"Dude, I paid $10, and it still didn't work."

I wrinkled my nose at the idea of paying money for a beta. I'd be more comfortable with this, because we pretty much know what's coming up. In that D&D app, it was changing around, and people didn't know what to expect.
A man has no signature

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 01:54:56 pm »
+1

I've seen it happen in other games. There's a D&D app on Facebook where you can pay real money for stuff, even though it claims to be a beta.

I wrinkled my nose at the idea of paying money for a beta. I'd be more comfortable with this, because we pretty much know what's coming up. In that D&D app, it was changing around, and people didn't know what to expect.

This is why I stopped playing FarmVille.  It probably still is listed as "beta" even though it's been out for like three years now.  And even though they only charge money for non-essential things, they started charging for more and more stuff, and I was dead set against that, so I just stopped.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 02:11:07 pm »
+1

We'll be issuing updates today to fix problems we're aware people are experiencing in IE9

I think I can tell you what their problem is--they're using IE9. Instead of fixing the site for IE9, you should automate the process of downlading, installing, and opening Chrome or Firefox for those poor bastards.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 02:26:37 pm »
+2

Hi Guys,

We are having some issues that we are working on IE 9. It should be working on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Also, we know there are some questions about payments. We are taking real money now, but we have reduced the prices of the expansions quite extensively. We hope that you enjoy playing with as many expansions as you want, but the base set is completely free. :-)

jmieden

• Baron
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 02:28:39 pm »

Thanks Trisha!
I'm loving this implementation so far.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 02:38:39 pm »

Hi Guys,

We are having some issues that we are working on IE 9. It should be working on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Also, we know there are some questions about payments. We are taking real money now, but we have reduced the prices of the expansions quite extensively. We hope that you enjoy playing with as many expansions as you want, but the base set is completely free. :-)

Are there plans to increase the set prices?

If so, then will we be allowed to keep the sets we pay for now in beta even when the prices go up?

Could be motivation to pay money in a beta. Interesting.
A man has no signature

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 03:01:45 pm »

We have no intention of increasing the prices. Sorry, I didn't meant to infer that.

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »

so is the beta open to everyone now, or only to the people who had access to it before?
Go, and do likewise.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2012, 04:16:28 pm »

There's plenty of precedent.  Witness Minecraft, for instance, which had paying customers in Alpha.  Or any number of Kickstarter games, where you're basically pre-ordering.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

teasel

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2012, 04:34:22 pm »

err so what happens if as a free player i join the game of someone who's using dark ages card?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

err so what happens if as a free player i join the game of someone who's using dark ages card?

You get to play with Dark Ages cards for that game.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2012, 05:00:50 pm »

Just to answer: Anyone can play. We are having database configuration issue at the moment, so we are having some downtime right now. I might suggest coming back a little bit later today.

And, as for the way who owns what cards work, Michael is right, you get to play with whatever cards the owner of the table has purchased.

teasel

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:33 pm »

oh that's pretty cool

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2012, 06:14:22 pm »

I have been trying to play a game for the last hour, and it still won't let me.  A match has actually loaded once, but it takes a full minute to just play my treasures....soooo slow!  I have given up on both games after it seemed to have frozen.  I really don't think it is my internet either.

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »

I have been trying to play a game for the last hour, and it still won't let me.  A match has actually loaded once, but it takes a full minute to just play my treasures....soooo slow!  I have given up on both games after it seemed to have frozen.  I really don't think it is my internet either.

Hi Aaron,

Sorry about the slowness. We are working on making it a bit faster, but we are having a few issues right now. One of the things you can do in game to make it faster is change your animation speed.

1. Once you start the game, click the gear button on the bottom right of the screen.
2. Change your animation speed to fast or very fast

Hope that helps a little!

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 07:16:57 pm »

Thanks! The main problem is just starting a game, but I realize you are still working on it. I am using Google Chrome, is there a browser you would suggest?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All

Page created in 0.176 seconds with 21 queries.