Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Author Topic: so this is out?  (Read 62013 times)

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
Re: so this is out?
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 09:35:06 pm »

Re: Is it worth it?
My problems cross posted from another thread:

Since the system was reset a couple of days ago I have not been able to log in (I read Dominion Strategy daily so I know you have launched to open beta). When I try to login from the home screen it says "unable to log in please check log in credentials".

Someone on Dominion Strategy suggested they had a similar problem and fixed it by resetting the password. I have tried to do this twice (once yesterday and once today) by clicking the "forgot password" link and I get a message saying "fill in your e-mail address and we will send you a link to reset your password" - as I said I've done this twice but I don't receive the e-mail.

So I decided maybe I need to make myself a new login for the new open beta so I've tried to do that twice as well - once with my e-mail and once with a google login - and for some reason your system won't let me create a new log in either (I receive the message "problem logging in - please try again" and of course trying again just produces the same result).

Also when it tells you to type in the letters that you see in the above box the box is always blank black. Safari on a Mac.

I'm also happy to see Goko posting some updates directly. The whole thing is still looking like a disaster to me but regular direct info is better than what went before....

Edited for clarity
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:23:30 pm by cactus »

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 10:43:14 pm »

Thanks Kirian. I'm just here to collect feedback and pass along as much information as I can, so hopefully I'll be helpful.

Speaking of which, if you're having problems and are posting them here, I can help get them fixed more quickly if you share the following:
1) Which OS you're using
2) Which browser you're using (including version #)
3) A short description of what problem you encountered
4) A screenshot of some sort showing the problem

Thanks again for your patience.

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89
3) Black screen loading adventures
4) I don't have a screen shot handy but if you bring up the developer console it says cannot read property playername of undefined for some of the black screens and cannot call method substr on null. for the others.

Thanks Insomniac. I'll pass this along and see what's wrong. I'll let you know what I find out.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 10:54:37 pm »

Re: Is it worth it?
My problems cross posted from another thread:

Since the system was reset a couple of days ago I have not been able to log in (I read Dominion Strategy daily so I know you have launched to open beta). When I try to login from the home screen it says "unable to log in please check log in credentials".

Someone on Dominion Strategy suggested they had a similar problem and fixed it by resetting the password. I have tried to do this twice (once yesterday and once today) by clicking the "forgot password" link and I get a message saying "fill in your e-mail address and we will send you a link to reset your password" - as I said I've done this twice but I don't receive the e-mail.

So I decided maybe I need to make myself a new login for the new open beta so I've tried to do that twice as well - once with my e-mail and once with a google login - and for some reason your system won't let me create a new log in either (I receive the message "problem logging in - please try again" and of course trying again just produces the same result).

Also when it tells you to type in the letters that you see in the above box the box is always blank black. Safari on a Mac.

I'm also happy to see Goko posting some updates directly. The whole thing is still looking like a disaster to me but regular direct info is better than what went before....

Edited for clarity

Hey Cactus - thanks for posting this on this thread. I'm trying to stay married to one thread at this point and address all of the concerns here. Once those are resolved, I'll branch out. Also, despite your feeling that this is a disaster, I am happy that you like our improved communication. We'll continue to communicate and make regular changes. Day 1 already saw good progress and I think you'll see even more after Day 2.

As for your issue, I think that I need more information to help figure out what's going on. As a general note, the error that you're experiencing with captcha on Safari is a known issue and we're working on a fix. Regardless, if you can give me the following, I'll see what I can do:

1) What URL are you accessing the site at?
2) Have you tried Chrome or Firefox? If not, please try and tell me if you are having the same issue. Earlier today I tried replicating the password reset issue on both Safari and Firefox and was able to reset my password. I also tried setting up a new account with Google+ and was able to do that as well.
3) Have you erased your cache/cookies? There may be an issue with beta testers accessing the new site with old beta site cookies.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2012, 10:59:40 pm »

Thanks Kirian. I'm just here to collect feedback and pass along as much information as I can, so hopefully I'll be helpful.

Speaking of which, if you're having problems and are posting them here, I can help get them fixed more quickly if you share the following:
1) Which OS you're using

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89
4) I don't have a screen shot handy but if you bring up the developer console it says cannot read property playername of undefined for some of the black screens and cannot call method substr on null. for the others.

Thanks Insomniac. I'll pass this along and see what's wrong. I'll let you know what I find out.

A quick question from our developers - was this when you loaded Adventures generally or for a specific adventure? We tried replicating with the same OS/Browser configuration and didn't experience the bug. So more information would be great. Thanks.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:38 pm »

1) Which OS you're using

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89

A quick question from our developers - was this when you loaded Adventures generally or for a specific adventure? We tried replicating with the same OS/Browser configuration and didn't experience the bug. So more information would be great. Thanks.

A specific level.
Prosperity Act 2 Level 1
Seaside Act 2 Level 1
Intrigue Act 2 Level 1

Prosperity Act 1 Level 12
Seaside Act 1 Level 16
Intrigue Act 1 Level 4

I am still able to reproduce these.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2012, 11:07:44 pm »

Many thanks. I'll get this into the queue and let you know when I have more info.

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2012, 11:17:53 pm »

Hey, Brian. Thanks for the improved communication! Played for a while today and had a great time. (even got to the top of the leaderboard for a bit:) The only bug I found today was quite small and it might be already addressed. I am using Windows 7 with Google Chrome, and upon entering an adventure mode match, the white loading bar is offset from where it should be. It happens every time, but really not a big deal. Thanks again :)

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »
+1

Hey, Brian. Thanks for the improved communication! Played for a while today and had a great time. (even got to the top of the leaderboard for a bit:) The only bug I found today was quite small and it might be already addressed. I am using Windows 7 with Google Chrome, and upon entering an adventure mode match, the white loading bar is offset from where it should be. It happens every time, but really not a big deal. Thanks again :)

Hey Aaron - I'll pass this along. I know the guys are working on backend and gameplay issues right now, so I can't say when this will be addressed. But will make sure it gets on the list. Glad that you liked playing the game today. I'll try to keep up the communication as best I can. I'm going to log off in a bit and spend some time with the family - they're giving me the evil eye.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2012, 11:34:36 pm »

General Update:

At 9PM PST we'll be taking Goko down for routine maintenance. We will be down for 1-2 hours to roll out the release and test the fix. We generally like to do this between 1-2am, but our engineers actually do need to sleep. I'd give a line by line update on the changes, but it can be summed up as follows: database and web server updates to improve performance. These are hard to see in the traditional sense, but should improve overall speed and access times.

In other news, IE9 is still being worked on. We think we've isolated the login/authentication issue that you guys have been bringing up and are testing our theories now. That will be addressed in a future update. In the interim, try Chrome, Firefox & Safari (though Safari has a captcha bug when setting up an account directly with us vs. using Facebook/Twitter/Google+).

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25710
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2012, 11:40:39 pm »

Prosperity Act 2 Level 1
Seaside Act 2 Level 1
Intrigue Act 2 Level 1

Seaside Act 1 Level 16
Intrigue Act 1 Level 4
My understanding is that the first three were due to Duchy being misspelled as "dutchy" in the uh definition files. I don't know why that fix didn't go out. I don't know what the others are but I have seen at least 5 out of these 6 fail myself.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2012, 12:52:09 am »

1) Which OS you're using

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89

A specific level.
Prosperity Act 2 Level 1
Seaside Act 2 Level 1
Intrigue Act 2 Level 1

Seaside Act 1 Level 16
Intrigue Act 1 Level 4

We're trying to get those fixes into tonight's build, hence it's delay. Will let you know in the AM if they made it in.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2115
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2012, 12:56:59 am »

So I never noticed any word on this, and I didn't check for myself again recently, but I'm wondering if the timing of on-buy/on-gain effects ever got fixed. That is, if I had a Royal Seal in play when I bought a Mint, I was able to (incorrectly) top-deck that Mint thanks to the Seal; proper behavior would be the on-buy effect resolves first, so the Seal is trashed and the Mint goes to my discard as normal. (also the more complex version of this including Talisman and Quarry)
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2012, 02:00:51 am »

1) Reconnecting to games from which we somehow lose the connection needs to be possible if it isn't already.  If it is already, needs to be way more obvious how to do so.

2) If chat is locally echoed and not re-sent from the server, think about changing that.  Everything else in the game is apparently stored client-side, so there no was easy way I found to tell if you lost your connection; the easiest way to do this on isotropic is send a chat message and see if it appears.

3) It's nice when system maintenance is announced in each client before it happens.  I don't like abruptly ending a game because the server was scheduled for maintenance but I wasn't in a position to be informed.
Stop reading my signature.

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2012, 02:13:11 am »

I started out trying it at beta.goko.com but I have tried it at play.goko.com and had the same problems.

2) Have you tried Chrome or Firefox? If not, please try and tell me if you are having the same issue. Earlier today I tried replicating the password reset issue on both Safari and Firefox and was able to reset my password. I also tried setting up a new account with Google+ and was able to do that as well.
I only have Safari installed at the moment (new mac book). I may try downloading one of the other browsers later today if I get time.

3) Have you erased your cache/cookies? There may be an issue with beta testers accessing the new site with old beta site cookies.
I'm pretty sure I've deleted everything to do with Dominion and Goko from cache and cookies.

CURRENT SITUATION: When I go to the sign up screen I get the option to sign up with Facebook/Twitter/Google or with my e-mail and date of birth. If I hit google it loops me straight back to the same screen giving me the option of signing up with my preferred social network or e-mail over and over but never actually leading anywhere when I click on google. When I choose the e-mail option I fall down at the unreadable captcha....

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2012, 02:32:12 am »

I started out trying it at beta.goko.com but I have tried it at play.goko.com and had the same problems.

I only have Safari installed at the moment (new mac book). I may try downloading one of the other browsers later today if I get time.

I'm pretty sure I've deleted everything to do with Dominion and Goko from cache and cookies.

CURRENT SITUATION: When I go to the sign up screen I get the option to sign up with Facebook/Twitter/Google or with my e-mail and date of birth. If I hit google it loops me straight back to the same screen giving me the option of signing up with my preferred social network or e-mail over and over but never actually leading anywhere when I click on google. When I choose the e-mail option I fall down at the unreadable captcha....

Could you please try deleting your cookies and cache generally and then try registering again? We've had this issue pop up for other beta testers and this seemed to solve the problem. If you're still having difficulty, please email us at help@goko.com and copy this thread. We'll see if we can diagnose it there.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2012, 02:52:27 am »

As of 11:51PM, I'm stepping out of here for some time. I'll check back in later tomorrow afternoon to address new issues and give some updates.

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2012, 08:20:32 am »

Just FYI I have cleared all cookies / cache and problem persists. E-mail sent to the help address.

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2012, 08:35:20 am »

I think the system is punishing you for all the mean things you said about goko :D

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:26 am »
+1

Did Goko decide against making you pay for the time being?  I'm once again able to access all sets, and I didn't spend real money.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2012, 12:33:02 pm »

Did Goko decide against making you pay for the time being?  I'm once again able to access all sets, and I didn't spend real money.

I'm pretty sure you are on the beta site then.

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3349
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »

A specific level.
Prosperity Act 2 Level 1
Seaside Act 2 Level 1
Intrigue Act 2 Level 1

Seaside Act 1 Level 16
Intrigue Act 1 Level 4

I haven't had problems with Seaside 2:1 and haven't reached Prosperity 1:12, but having blitzed through to Intrigue 1:4, I have the same problem on the rest.

Incidentally, Intrigue 1:4 gives you three Zaps, not two, for free, which is a little odd as no others do.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:58:52 pm by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +121
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »

After goko went into maintenance during an adventure mode game, I couldn't get any adventure mode game to load after the zap screen until I cleared my cookies.  Using Firefox 15 and Win XP.
Stop reading my signature.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2012, 02:22:11 pm »
+1

Nope.  I'm on play.goko.com.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2012, 02:23:39 pm »

Nope.  I'm on play.goko.com.

What I mean is that if you were in the original beta and didn't clear your cache, you still end up on the beta site even though it says play.goko.com

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2012, 07:28:33 pm »
+1

I think the system is punishing you for all the mean things you said about goko :D

You think I've been embargoed?  ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 20 queries.