Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: so this is out?  (Read 61674 times)

teasel

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
so this is out?
« on: September 21, 2012, 07:25:54 am »
+1

at least i was able to register normaly and actualy i'm playing it right now

right now you can buy seaside,prosperity and intrigue each set is divided in 2 parts which each cost 40 gokoins (4 dollars) or you can buy both part for 70 or you can buy all 3 of them for 200,you can also buy a dark ages set

the dark ages set contains altar,armory,band of misfits,bandit camp,count,cultist,fortress,ironmonger,procession,sage,scavenger,vagrant

you can buy gokoins in set of 2,5,10,20,50,100 the bigger the set the more free gokoins you get

so far i hadn't any problem playing against the CPU but the music skip and doesn't play correctly which is pretty weird
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 07:37:44 am by teasel »

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +5459
    • View Profile
Re: so this is out?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 08:09:40 am »

Working for me too.
Well you *do* need a signature...

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2012, 08:25:29 am »

Wow, did they, uh, release?

It seems so. I'm playing as a guest without doing any signing in of any kind. And I've already encountered 2 bugs, including my bot opponent playing a Chancellor and then freezing the game.

The other bug is that Surf Bot's avatar is blocking the Actions, Buys, and Coins numbers, and I can't get it to get out of the way so I can tell how many of each I have.

Forge!!!

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +128
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2012, 08:25:39 am »

Yeah it's randomly up...maybe they just had little faith in themselves, and if it was going to crash again, wanted to make sure it crashed with few people noticing? Or at the least just without the big fanfare they had last time.

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2012, 08:25:45 am »

Confused.. maybe it's just gone public beta?  I still have all the sets I bought for free in the closed beta.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2012, 08:32:40 am »

But it just got all buggy in my first game of adventure mode after I played two cellars in a row.  It wouldn't let me play any of the new cards I drew, and now I can't finish playing my next hand either.  Looks like I'm effectively frozen, with no means of continuing to the buy phase. :\

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 08:36:28 am »

Yeah, I'm guessing this isn't official release. It seems way too buggy.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9625
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:48:22 am »
+2

It seems they've added a PayPal option.  Should make some people happier.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 09:05:00 am »

I don't see any Paypal option.  Still able to buy stuff for free on my end, even after clearing the cache.

Edit: Scratch that... cleared out cookies and now I'm back to square one.  I am surprised they are releasing it like this, there were still problems with the closed beta.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:08:28 am by jsh357 »
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10741
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2012, 09:10:32 am »

I don't see any Paypal option.  Still able to buy stuff for free on my end, even after clearing the cache.

Edit: Scratch that... cleared out cookies and now I'm back to square one.  I am surprised they are releasing it like this, there were still problems with the closed beta.

So if I'm understanding this right.... they've released... and included a huge bug that allows anyone who was in the beta to continue to get everything for free as long as they don't clear their cookies?? Well gee, guess I'll just never clear my cookies!

*Edit* I really don't know if they've launched. http://play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html did load for me the first time, but I couldn't seem to create a new account through Google. Now, it doesn't load at all, just a black screen. And Goko.com still says it's beta. Also, playdominion.com hasn't changed in months... is that just an old, dead website?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 09:13:19 am by GendoIkari »
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

polonkus

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2012, 09:15:32 am »

And everything is still being served non-minified...
This user is banned.

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2012, 09:20:07 am »

When I went to sign back in it said my email or my pass word was wrong (they weren't).

I assume this information was probably reset when they had that down time a couple of days ago so I tried to re-register. I type in a name and a new password then it takes me to a screen which says type in the letters above (or enter code) - but the only thing that is above is a black box where not letters are discernible. You can "get new code" but all it gets me is another blank black box. Using safari on a MBP. I've been in beta since a couple of weeks after it started and didn't have this problem til now.

jsh357

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2012, 10:24:08 am »

Just for the record: I am ok with this pricing plan now.  If the product gets fine-tuned some, I'd be willing to shell out that much for the expansions I think.  I will probably wait, though, to see see if there's ever a bundle on all the sets.  (And I refuse to pay for Zaps, especially since Adventure mode gets so tedious and grindy after the first 8 or so levels)

ThePhantom

• Herbalist
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2012, 10:28:51 am »

It started by telling me my username and/or password were wrong.  So I reset my password.  Now it's chugging on log in. 

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2012, 10:53:12 am »

So if I'm understanding this right.... they've released... and included a huge bug that allows anyone who was in the beta to continue to get everything for free as long as they don't clear their cookies?? Well gee, guess I'll just never clear my cookies!

Good thing cookies can't be baked on the user end...

Tables

• Margrave
  • Build more Bridges in the King's Court!
  • Respect: +3347
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2012, 11:05:20 am »
+2

It had me logged in to my not-proper account (yes I had two during the beta, good for testing if things were system or user related) with I think stuff left over. After logging out and switching, I was back to having nothing and needing to buy stuff.

I'm a little bemused by the lack of contact from Goko about this, really. Like, no warning to beta users whatsoever?

Edit: Both the beta site and real site are currently up.

This could just be an error, actually.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 11:07:34 am by Tables »
...spin-offs are still better for all of the previously cited reasons.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2012, 11:07:40 am »

Okay, I went to the site, I still have all my cards from the beta. I'm not complaining, but that's a bit weird.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2012, 11:10:30 am »

Actually I figured out why. The beta asks you to log in using GoogleGokoBeta (or equivalent), the actual thing asks you to log in using GoogleGoko. But it seems to recognise your credentials if you were already logged in, so until you log out you keep things.
But not strictly better, because the spinoff can have a different cost than the expansion.

Jive Junkie

• Spy
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2012, 11:20:16 am »

Would they really release with obvious game-crashing bugs floating around? This has to be a public beta, right?

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 12:03:29 pm »
+1

The main site seems to have crashed, but the beta is still up.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

SirPeebles

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 12:07:06 pm »

back up again.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 12:11:48 pm »

at goko.com it has a beta banner. It's just a public beta guys.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 12:35:28 pm »
+1

Hmm, any guesses?
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

ThePhantom

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 12:42:17 pm »

I think it's back down again.  I was just able to log in and then everything went south of cheese.

Drab Emordnilap

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Drab Emordnilap
  • Luther Bell Hendricks V
  • Respect: +1886
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2012, 12:53:44 pm »
+1

Tombolo

• Tactician
  • Respect: +450
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 12:57:47 pm »

Man, getsatisfaction won't even let me sign up for an account so I can report the bug.
We’ve had a hard day at work, we’ve been looking forward to our Dominion, how can you expect us to play anything else, you ogre.

teasel

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 01:00:02 pm »
+1

it should show up a string,the server probably crashed again cause i can't log
i know being a dominion forum most people probably don't care but i tried the other 2 games launched on goko and i'm a little disappointed,all king's man is a very simple puzzle game that has nothing to do with board games at all and the reiner knizia game is basicaly a variation of carcassone with a chinese theme

also those stupid creepy 3D avatar are everywhere,it's really annoying

« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:05:25 pm by teasel »

SharpWave

• Swindler
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 01:18:25 pm »

Wow.  It's actually up and I'm playing it.  And bought stuff.  The interface will take some getting used to.

ThePhantom

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 01:31:16 pm »

I finally got in.

I know that it's petty to say that the biggest issues I have is with all the fireworks showing cards effecting the discard pile, draw pile, showing the Moneylender trashing the copper, etc.  But here we are.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2012, 01:35:06 pm »

Wow.  It's actually up and I'm playing it.  And bought stuff.  The interface will take some getting used to.

There charging money on the beta site??
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2012, 01:37:54 pm »

It's not the beta site.  Parts of the site still say beta, but it looks like a soft launch - you know - let people start using it, make sure everything works before embarrassing yourself with a media blitz.

If it goes well - well then you're live!  If not - well then it was a beta.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2012, 01:39:03 pm »
+1

It's not the beta site.  Parts of the site still say beta, but it looks like a soft launch - you know - let people start using it, make sure everything works before embarrassing yourself with a media blitz.

If it goes well - well then you're live!  If not - well then it was a beta.

Seems like they shouldn't be offering anything other than the base set because people will be choked if they pull back into beta after spending money on stuff.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2012, 01:42:42 pm »

Turns out they are charging real money, if you read this I would hold off on paying them just yet.

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »
+2

Hi Everyone,

As you can see, we're finally going into Open Beta. We flipped the switch on this morning and are working on issues as they pop up.

We'll be issuing updates today to fix problems we're aware people are experiencing in IE9 and signing on to our Customer Service at GetSatisfaction. In the interim, if you'd like to report bugs you can email me at help@goko.com with the details of your problem.

As a quick side note, if you were a beta tester and find yourself having issues please clear your cookies and cache and then see if you're still having a problem.

Over the next couple of days we'll still be ironing some things out so we will take the site down for maintenance. We'll post to this thread with updates as we have them.

Trisha
help@goko.com

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
  • Respect: +2219
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2012, 01:50:16 pm »

I've seen it happen in other games. There's a D&D app on Facebook where you can pay real money for stuff, even though it claims to be a beta.

That has caused some contention in the forums.

"Such-and-such didn't work."
"Relax. It's still a beta."
"Dude, I paid $10, and it still didn't work."

I wrinkled my nose at the idea of paying money for a beta. I'd be more comfortable with this, because we pretty much know what's coming up. In that D&D app, it was changing around, and people didn't know what to expect.
A man has no signature

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2012, 01:54:56 pm »
+1

I've seen it happen in other games. There's a D&D app on Facebook where you can pay real money for stuff, even though it claims to be a beta.

I wrinkled my nose at the idea of paying money for a beta. I'd be more comfortable with this, because we pretty much know what's coming up. In that D&D app, it was changing around, and people didn't know what to expect.

This is why I stopped playing FarmVille.  It probably still is listed as "beta" even though it's been out for like three years now.  And even though they only charge money for non-essential things, they started charging for more and more stuff, and I was dead set against that, so I just stopped.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: michaeljb
  • Respect: +2113
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2012, 02:11:07 pm »
+1

We'll be issuing updates today to fix problems we're aware people are experiencing in IE9

I think I can tell you what their problem is--they're using IE9. Instead of fixing the site for IE9, you should automate the process of downlading, installing, and opening Chrome or Firefox for those poor bastards.
🚂 Give 18xx games a chance 🚂

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2012, 02:26:37 pm »
+2

Hi Guys,

We are having some issues that we are working on IE 9. It should be working on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Also, we know there are some questions about payments. We are taking real money now, but we have reduced the prices of the expansions quite extensively. We hope that you enjoy playing with as many expansions as you want, but the base set is completely free. :-)

jmieden

• Baron
  • Respect: +12
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2012, 02:28:39 pm »

Thanks Trisha!
I'm loving this implementation so far.

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2012, 02:38:39 pm »

Hi Guys,

We are having some issues that we are working on IE 9. It should be working on Chrome, Safari, and Firefox. Also, we know there are some questions about payments. We are taking real money now, but we have reduced the prices of the expansions quite extensively. We hope that you enjoy playing with as many expansions as you want, but the base set is completely free. :-)

Are there plans to increase the set prices?

If so, then will we be allowed to keep the sets we pay for now in beta even when the prices go up?

Could be motivation to pay money in a beta. Interesting.
A man has no signature

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2012, 03:01:45 pm »

We have no intention of increasing the prices. Sorry, I didn't meant to infer that.

zporiri

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: zporiri
  • Go, and do likewise.
  • Respect: +130
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2012, 04:04:18 pm »

so is the beta open to everyone now, or only to the people who had access to it before?
Go, and do likewise.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2012, 04:16:28 pm »

There's plenty of precedent.  Witness Minecraft, for instance, which had paying customers in Alpha.  Or any number of Kickstarter games, where you're basically pre-ordering.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

teasel

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2012, 04:34:22 pm »

err so what happens if as a free player i join the game of someone who's using dark ages card?

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2012, 04:38:51 pm »

err so what happens if as a free player i join the game of someone who's using dark ages card?

You get to play with Dark Ages cards for that game.

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2012, 05:00:50 pm »

Just to answer: Anyone can play. We are having database configuration issue at the moment, so we are having some downtime right now. I might suggest coming back a little bit later today.

And, as for the way who owns what cards work, Michael is right, you get to play with whatever cards the owner of the table has purchased.

teasel

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2012, 05:01:33 pm »

oh that's pretty cool

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2012, 06:14:22 pm »

I have been trying to play a game for the last hour, and it still won't let me.  A match has actually loaded once, but it takes a full minute to just play my treasures....soooo slow!  I have given up on both games after it seemed to have frozen.  I really don't think it is my internet either.

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »

I have been trying to play a game for the last hour, and it still won't let me.  A match has actually loaded once, but it takes a full minute to just play my treasures....soooo slow!  I have given up on both games after it seemed to have frozen.  I really don't think it is my internet either.

Hi Aaron,

Sorry about the slowness. We are working on making it a bit faster, but we are having a few issues right now. One of the things you can do in game to make it faster is change your animation speed.

1. Once you start the game, click the gear button on the bottom right of the screen.
2. Change your animation speed to fast or very fast

Hope that helps a little!

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2012, 07:16:57 pm »

Thanks! The main problem is just starting a game, but I realize you are still working on it. I am using Google Chrome, is there a browser you would suggest?

1wheel

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2012, 07:22:13 pm »

Hi Aaron,

Sorry about the slowness. We are working on making it a bit faster, but we are having a few issues right now. One of the things you can do in game to make it faster is change your animation speed.

1. Once you start the game, click the gear button on the bottom right of the screen.
2. Change your animation speed to fast or very fast

Hope that helps a little!

There are still some problems with very fast that makes unpleasant to use. It is impossible to tell exactly what you're opponents have done without opening up the log file, but doing that every turn is kind of silly and annoying. It'd be nice if the log of the last turn was easily viewable. An easier to implement alternative would be to have opponent's actions be animated slowly while skipping the animations for the players own moves.

Additionally, cards that allow for multiple simultaneous discards or trashes are extremely frustrating to use on high latency connections. It's great that security has improved enough so that deck and card states are stored server side, but there isn't any reason for the UI to hang for half a second between every card I chapel. There isn't any need for the server to know what order I've clicked on the chapel\cellar\vault cards so I'm not sure why the client has to send that information and wait on a response while I'm growing impatient. Isotropic gets around this issue with checkboxes and the iOS dominion app uses check marks on the selected cards. In addition to making the game play faster, their implementation also reduces the impact of miss clicks since checks can be unmarked before confirming the move.

rbruba

• Swindler
  • Respect: +31
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2012, 07:25:09 pm »

All was going well until late in a single player vs. computer game and I played village and it did not let me play anything or end my turn. I was able to click on different cards to view them but not continue in my turn. I see now that it appears to be totally down so maybe it was taken offline as I was in the middle of the game.

Being my first time playing I was actually fairly impressed.... the speed issues people have been talking about either have been fixed or I don't need it as fast as some. I had it on slow and normal. I think the '+' symbols for gaining cards should be larger (you'll be clicking to add a card much more often than clicking to examine a card IMO). It could also organize your hand (place treasures together) I think. And it did hang on me, but overall pleased.

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2012, 07:28:18 pm »

Thanks! The main problem is just starting a game, but I realize you are still working on it. I am using Google Chrome, is there a browser you would suggest?

We did a few things to hopefully make it more stable so you'll be able to get into the games. Chrome and Firefox are the two browsers we suggest over the others right now.

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2012, 10:50:34 am »

I've seen people post that there's a new pricing scheme, but I can't log in to check it out right now. Can someone post those details please?

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2012, 10:50:56 am »

Not sure if Trisha is still reading this thread, but just wanted to say that everything is super awesome now! I can actually play a game at normal speed or even faster. I have found a few bugs with Throne Room and Militia, but other than that it has been way cooler than I thought it would be ;D

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2012, 10:53:27 am »

right now you can buy seaside,prosperity and intrigue each set is divided in 2 parts which each cost 40 gokoins (4 dollars) or you can buy both part for 70 or you can buy all 3 of them for 200,you can also buy a dark ages set

the dark ages set contains altar,armory,band of misfits,bandit camp,count,cultist,fortress,ironmonger,procession,sage,scavenger,vagrant

you can buy gokoins in set of 2,5,10,20,50,100 the bigger the set the more free gokoins you get

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »
+2

This second release is being absolutely put to the sword over on BGG.

Such a tragedy. So much time and effort wasted on developing the "nice to haves" like adventure mode, and the AI (and worst of all those ridiculous avatars).... and way way not enough time spent making sure of the basics like game play, and oh yes, a system by which people can actually log in and register....

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »
+3

Such a tragedy. So much time and effort wasted on developing the "nice to haves" like adventure mode, and the AI (and worst of all those ridiculous avatars).... and way way not enough time spent making sure of the basics like game play, and oh yes, a system by which people can actually log in and register....
It's no surprise that you underestimate the amount of time they have spent on load testing etc., because those things are invisible to outsiders. All you can see is the most visible stuff.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2012, 01:31:23 pm »
+1

It's no surprise that you underestimate the amount of time they have spent on load testing etc., because those things are invisible to outsiders. All you can see is the most visible stuff.

I'll give you a +1 because you might have inside knowledge that says they did do tons and tons of load testing, but I can speak from personal experience that load testing is hard, expensive, and frequently the first to go when budget / timeline considerations are pressing, primarily because like you said, its invisible - both to customers and upper management.

Given that they "launched" with known and reported gameplay bugs, its not unreasonable to assume that other things were similarly deprioritized.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2012, 02:18:30 pm »
+3

Hey everyone.

Just wanted to give you guys an update. I posted this on BGG, but wanted to post it here, too. We are obviously working to fix the issues that you've raised. Here's what we've learned so far and the steps we've taken:

1) Site experiencing a database configuration issue that was causing slow downs and frozen games.
-Games were freezing because we had to manually reset a database. We issued an update last night that helped improve performance.
-We'll continue to monitor and address.

2) General problems on IE9.
-We're aware there are issues and will continue to address them in updates.
-If you're having problems and still want to play, please use Chrome, Firefox, or Safari for now.
-I'll give you guys an update when we have fixes in for IE9.

3) Mobile & tablet access is still under development
-The open beta is being tested for desktop browsers only, so please don't access via mobile or tablet.
-We will release mobile apps at a later time that address many of the issues that you're experiencing. Using container apps helps improve game performance by giving the app access to native hardware.
-These will roll out at a later time after we've fixed the issues you're seeing on the site.

I'll try to update as I get more information. I'm still reading this thread when I can. And thanks guys for the encouragement, and for those who are bringing up issues we're going to do our best to get to those as soon as possible.

Thanks!

trisha_brooke

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2012, 02:26:01 pm »

I'll give you a +1 because you might have inside knowledge that says they did do tons and tons of load testing, but I can speak from personal experience that load testing is hard, expensive, and frequently the first to go when budget / timeline considerations are pressing, primarily because like you said, its invisible - both to customers and upper management.

Given that they "launched" with known and reported gameplay bugs, its not unreasonable to assume that other things were similarly deprioritized.

We did do extensive testing on the DB, but the bug that cropped up is something we missed. Of course, this means that we'll be changing our tests in the future. Everyone is on this right now to make sure it's stable and faster than before. I know this is frustrating for everyone.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2012, 02:36:54 pm »
+5

We did do extensive testing on the DB, but the bug that cropped up is something we missed. Of course, this means that we'll be changing our tests in the future. Everyone is on this right now to make sure it's stable and faster than before. I know this is frustrating for everyone.

It's good to see Goko coming in and giving us updates and what's getting fixed.  That's really all we wanted - some dialogue.  :)

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2012, 02:44:39 pm »
+4

Trisha had to step away for a bit today. So I'll giving Goko updates as the day goes on. We're going to issue a couple of updates today and are testing the first batch on staging now.

I'll try to give you guys a heads up for when the update is coming so you know when to expect downtime. Thanks for your patience.

polonkus

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2012, 04:17:16 pm »

You really have no credibility on this topic anymore DXV.
This user is banned.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2012, 04:21:31 pm »
+2

Trisha had to step away for a bit today. So I'll giving Goko updates as the day goes on. We're going to issue a couple of updates today and are testing the first batch on staging now.

I'll try to give you guys a heads up for when the update is coming so you know when to expect downtime. Thanks for your patience.

Welcome to the shark tank, hope you brought an asbetos diving suit. :)
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2012, 04:30:11 pm »

Thanks Kirian. I'm just here to collect feedback and pass along as much information as I can, so hopefully I'll be helpful.

Speaking of which, if you're having problems and are posting them here, I can help get them fixed more quickly if you share the following:
1) Which OS you're using
2) Which browser you're using (including version #)
3) A short description of what problem you encountered
4) A screenshot of some sort showing the problem

Thanks again for your patience.

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2012, 04:35:57 pm »

Are you still using funsockets.ipbhost as well for additional feedback and feature requests? I finally got around to doing some testing and posted some stuff there without realizing the public beta may have switched up some of the procedure...
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 04:37:06 pm by Polk5440 »

jhkokst

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2012, 05:24:48 pm »

When do you guys think this will pick up steam?  Right now, there are about 80 - 100 players on isotropic.  15 in Dominion room 1 on goko.  Obviously things will change when goko goes live...

I messed around a bit today, interface is polished, although I occasionally/hastily press the wrong button, discarded the wrong card, etc..  An undo feature would be really nice...  Playing only base got boring after awhile so I checked out adventure mode.  Cool for a few rounds, until I realized the opponent wasn't just starting with duchies, but 3 silvers as well.  Messed around with the zaps, but then got bored again.  I'd be interested in purchases the packages, but only if I know that there is going to be a competitive base of players to keep things interesting.  If the iso crowd moves to goko, I'd consider it.  If not, I can see myself logging on occasionally and hope to get a quick fix with someone who owns most of the sets.  What made iso fun was its simplicity: the game plus the leaderboard.  Hopefully goko can supply the same, I don't really care about the glitz of campaigns, avatars, etc.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2012, 05:35:40 pm »

A couple of responses:

@Polk5440
-Thanks for collecting feedback. I appreciate it. You can continue to use funsockets.ipbhost for now. One of the issues we're fixing is a sign on problem with Get Satisfaction that is preventing us from properly gathering feedback there at the moment.

@jhkokst
-Glad that the game is working for you and you were able to finish a couple of games. We hope to get more people playing soon, but we obviously have some backend and game play fixes that need to take place before we do. But as soon as it's working well, we'll try our best to convince people to play it.

Razzishi

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eye Urn
  • Respect: +120
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2012, 05:38:39 pm »
+2

Looks pretty slick.  I can see wanting to speed up animations maybe a little for your own cards, but not necessarily for opponent's cards.  You know what's happening with the yours (or should), but you have to do more processing for the opponent's cards.  An easy way to get a text log of the last turn would be extremely helpful.

Warlord Bot seemed pretty reasonable until he purchased a 2nd Moneylender, then a 3rd and I think even a 4th; my 4 straight $7 draws probably would have lost pretty handily if he had just bought Silvers.
Stop reading my signature.

Tdog

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +133
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2012, 05:40:58 pm »

I lost to one of the bots, so no complaints here.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2012, 06:58:04 pm »
+1

I lost to one of the bots, so no complaints here.

The bots seem to be obscenely dominant on certain kingdoms (they know EXACTLY when to buy Duchies), and obscenely stupid on others (yes, I'm sure that third Gold is much more important than those Goons you've been ignoring, Mr. Bot).

Polk5440

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1788
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2012, 07:04:23 pm »
+2

They are bots, not people. So they are going to play differently. The key is whether they are enjoyable to play against. And I for one think the AI implementation (and its continual improvement) is the most successful part of Goko Dominion.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2012, 09:05:56 pm »

Thanks Kirian. I'm just here to collect feedback and pass along as much information as I can, so hopefully I'll be helpful.

Speaking of which, if you're having problems and are posting them here, I can help get them fixed more quickly if you share the following:
1) Which OS you're using

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89
3) Black screen loading adventures
4) I don't have a screen shot handy but if you bring up the developer console it says cannot read property playername of undefined for some of the black screens and cannot call method substr on null. for the others.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2012, 09:17:51 pm »
+2

They are bots, not people. So they are going to play differently. The key is whether they are enjoyable to play against. And I for one think the AI implementation (and its continual improvement) is the most successful part of Goko Dominion.

Bots are people too!

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2012, 09:35:06 pm »

Re: Is it worth it?
My problems cross posted from another thread:

Since the system was reset a couple of days ago I have not been able to log in (I read Dominion Strategy daily so I know you have launched to open beta). When I try to login from the home screen it says "unable to log in please check log in credentials".

Someone on Dominion Strategy suggested they had a similar problem and fixed it by resetting the password. I have tried to do this twice (once yesterday and once today) by clicking the "forgot password" link and I get a message saying "fill in your e-mail address and we will send you a link to reset your password" - as I said I've done this twice but I don't receive the e-mail.

So I decided maybe I need to make myself a new login for the new open beta so I've tried to do that twice as well - once with my e-mail and once with a google login - and for some reason your system won't let me create a new log in either (I receive the message "problem logging in - please try again" and of course trying again just produces the same result).

Also when it tells you to type in the letters that you see in the above box the box is always blank black. Safari on a Mac.

I'm also happy to see Goko posting some updates directly. The whole thing is still looking like a disaster to me but regular direct info is better than what went before....

Edited for clarity
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 10:23:30 pm by cactus »

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2012, 10:43:14 pm »

1) Which OS you're using

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89
4) I don't have a screen shot handy but if you bring up the developer console it says cannot read property playername of undefined for some of the black screens and cannot call method substr on null. for the others.

Thanks Insomniac. I'll pass this along and see what's wrong. I'll let you know what I find out.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2012, 10:54:37 pm »

Re: Is it worth it?
My problems cross posted from another thread:

Since the system was reset a couple of days ago I have not been able to log in (I read Dominion Strategy daily so I know you have launched to open beta). When I try to login from the home screen it says "unable to log in please check log in credentials".

Someone on Dominion Strategy suggested they had a similar problem and fixed it by resetting the password. I have tried to do this twice (once yesterday and once today) by clicking the "forgot password" link and I get a message saying "fill in your e-mail address and we will send you a link to reset your password" - as I said I've done this twice but I don't receive the e-mail.

So I decided maybe I need to make myself a new login for the new open beta so I've tried to do that twice as well - once with my e-mail and once with a google login - and for some reason your system won't let me create a new log in either (I receive the message "problem logging in - please try again" and of course trying again just produces the same result).

Also when it tells you to type in the letters that you see in the above box the box is always blank black. Safari on a Mac.

I'm also happy to see Goko posting some updates directly. The whole thing is still looking like a disaster to me but regular direct info is better than what went before....

Edited for clarity

Hey Cactus - thanks for posting this on this thread. I'm trying to stay married to one thread at this point and address all of the concerns here. Once those are resolved, I'll branch out. Also, despite your feeling that this is a disaster, I am happy that you like our improved communication. We'll continue to communicate and make regular changes. Day 1 already saw good progress and I think you'll see even more after Day 2.

As for your issue, I think that I need more information to help figure out what's going on. As a general note, the error that you're experiencing with captcha on Safari is a known issue and we're working on a fix. Regardless, if you can give me the following, I'll see what I can do:

1) What URL are you accessing the site at?
2) Have you tried Chrome or Firefox? If not, please try and tell me if you are having the same issue. Earlier today I tried replicating the password reset issue on both Safari and Firefox and was able to reset my password. I also tried setting up a new account with Google+ and was able to do that as well.
3) Have you erased your cache/cookies? There may be an issue with beta testers accessing the new site with old beta site cookies.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2012, 10:59:40 pm »

1) Which OS you're using

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89

Thanks Insomniac. I'll pass this along and see what's wrong. I'll let you know what I find out.

A quick question from our developers - was this when you loaded Adventures generally or for a specific adventure? We tried replicating with the same OS/Browser configuration and didn't experience the bug. So more information would be great. Thanks.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2012, 11:06:38 pm »

1) Which OS you're using

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89

A quick question from our developers - was this when you loaded Adventures generally or for a specific adventure? We tried replicating with the same OS/Browser configuration and didn't experience the bug. So more information would be great. Thanks.

A specific level.
Prosperity Act 2 Level 1
Seaside Act 2 Level 1
Intrigue Act 2 Level 1

Prosperity Act 1 Level 12
Seaside Act 1 Level 16
Intrigue Act 1 Level 4

I am still able to reproduce these.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2012, 11:07:44 pm »

Many thanks. I'll get this into the queue and let you know when I have more info.

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2012, 11:17:53 pm »

Hey, Brian. Thanks for the improved communication! Played for a while today and had a great time. (even got to the top of the leaderboard for a bit:) The only bug I found today was quite small and it might be already addressed. I am using Windows 7 with Google Chrome, and upon entering an adventure mode match, the white loading bar is offset from where it should be. It happens every time, but really not a big deal. Thanks again :)

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2012, 11:29:40 pm »
+1

Hey, Brian. Thanks for the improved communication! Played for a while today and had a great time. (even got to the top of the leaderboard for a bit:) The only bug I found today was quite small and it might be already addressed. I am using Windows 7 with Google Chrome, and upon entering an adventure mode match, the white loading bar is offset from where it should be. It happens every time, but really not a big deal. Thanks again :)

Hey Aaron - I'll pass this along. I know the guys are working on backend and gameplay issues right now, so I can't say when this will be addressed. But will make sure it gets on the list. Glad that you liked playing the game today. I'll try to keep up the communication as best I can. I'm going to log off in a bit and spend some time with the family - they're giving me the evil eye.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2012, 11:34:36 pm »

General Update:

At 9PM PST we'll be taking Goko down for routine maintenance. We will be down for 1-2 hours to roll out the release and test the fix. We generally like to do this between 1-2am, but our engineers actually do need to sleep. I'd give a line by line update on the changes, but it can be summed up as follows: database and web server updates to improve performance. These are hard to see in the traditional sense, but should improve overall speed and access times.

In other news, IE9 is still being worked on. We think we've isolated the login/authentication issue that you guys have been bringing up and are testing our theories now. That will be addressed in a future update. In the interim, try Chrome, Firefox & Safari (though Safari has a captcha bug when setting up an account directly with us vs. using Facebook/Twitter/Google+).

Donald X.

• Dominion Designer
  • Respect: +25671
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2012, 11:40:39 pm »

Prosperity Act 2 Level 1
Seaside Act 2 Level 1
Intrigue Act 2 Level 1

Seaside Act 1 Level 16
Intrigue Act 1 Level 4
My understanding is that the first three were due to Duchy being misspelled as "dutchy" in the uh definition files. I don't know why that fix didn't go out. I don't know what the others are but I have seen at least 5 out of these 6 fail myself.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2012, 12:52:09 am »

1) Which OS you're using

1) Windows 7
2) Chrome 21.0.1180.89

A specific level.
Prosperity Act 2 Level 1
Seaside Act 2 Level 1
Intrigue Act 2 Level 1

Seaside Act 1 Level 16
Intrigue Act 1 Level 4

We're trying to get those fixes into tonight's build, hence it's delay. Will let you know in the AM if they made it in.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2012, 12:56:59 am »

So I never noticed any word on this, and I didn't check for myself again recently, but I'm wondering if the timing of on-buy/on-gain effects ever got fixed. That is, if I had a Royal Seal in play when I bought a Mint, I was able to (incorrectly) top-deck that Mint thanks to the Seal; proper behavior would be the on-buy effect resolves first, so the Seal is trashed and the Mint goes to my discard as normal. (also the more complex version of this including Talisman and Quarry)

Razzishi

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2012, 02:00:51 am »

1) Reconnecting to games from which we somehow lose the connection needs to be possible if it isn't already.  If it is already, needs to be way more obvious how to do so.

2) If chat is locally echoed and not re-sent from the server, think about changing that.  Everything else in the game is apparently stored client-side, so there no was easy way I found to tell if you lost your connection; the easiest way to do this on isotropic is send a chat message and see if it appears.

3) It's nice when system maintenance is announced in each client before it happens.  I don't like abruptly ending a game because the server was scheduled for maintenance but I wasn't in a position to be informed.

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2012, 02:13:11 am »

I started out trying it at beta.goko.com but I have tried it at play.goko.com and had the same problems.

2) Have you tried Chrome or Firefox? If not, please try and tell me if you are having the same issue. Earlier today I tried replicating the password reset issue on both Safari and Firefox and was able to reset my password. I also tried setting up a new account with Google+ and was able to do that as well.
I only have Safari installed at the moment (new mac book). I may try downloading one of the other browsers later today if I get time.

3) Have you erased your cache/cookies? There may be an issue with beta testers accessing the new site with old beta site cookies.
I'm pretty sure I've deleted everything to do with Dominion and Goko from cache and cookies.

CURRENT SITUATION: When I go to the sign up screen I get the option to sign up with Facebook/Twitter/Google or with my e-mail and date of birth. If I hit google it loops me straight back to the same screen giving me the option of signing up with my preferred social network or e-mail over and over but never actually leading anywhere when I click on google. When I choose the e-mail option I fall down at the unreadable captcha....

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2012, 02:32:12 am »

I started out trying it at beta.goko.com but I have tried it at play.goko.com and had the same problems.

I only have Safari installed at the moment (new mac book). I may try downloading one of the other browsers later today if I get time.

I'm pretty sure I've deleted everything to do with Dominion and Goko from cache and cookies.

CURRENT SITUATION: When I go to the sign up screen I get the option to sign up with Facebook/Twitter/Google or with my e-mail and date of birth. If I hit google it loops me straight back to the same screen giving me the option of signing up with my preferred social network or e-mail over and over but never actually leading anywhere when I click on google. When I choose the e-mail option I fall down at the unreadable captcha....

Could you please try deleting your cookies and cache generally and then try registering again? We've had this issue pop up for other beta testers and this seemed to solve the problem. If you're still having difficulty, please email us at help@goko.com and copy this thread. We'll see if we can diagnose it there.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2012, 02:52:27 am »

As of 11:51PM, I'm stepping out of here for some time. I'll check back in later tomorrow afternoon to address new issues and give some updates.

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2012, 08:20:32 am »

Just FYI I have cleared all cookies / cache and problem persists. E-mail sent to the help address.

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2012, 08:35:20 am »

I think the system is punishing you for all the mean things you said about goko :D

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2012, 11:39:26 am »
+1

Did Goko decide against making you pay for the time being?  I'm once again able to access all sets, and I didn't spend real money.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2012, 12:33:02 pm »

Did Goko decide against making you pay for the time being?  I'm once again able to access all sets, and I didn't spend real money.

I'm pretty sure you are on the beta site then.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2012, 12:56:32 pm »

A specific level.
Prosperity Act 2 Level 1
Seaside Act 2 Level 1
Intrigue Act 2 Level 1

Seaside Act 1 Level 16
Intrigue Act 1 Level 4

I haven't had problems with Seaside 2:1 and haven't reached Prosperity 1:12, but having blitzed through to Intrigue 1:4, I have the same problem on the rest.

Incidentally, Intrigue 1:4 gives you three Zaps, not two, for free, which is a little odd as no others do.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 12:58:52 pm by Tables »

Razzishi

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2012, 02:05:05 pm »

After goko went into maintenance during an adventure mode game, I couldn't get any adventure mode game to load after the zap screen until I cleared my cookies.  Using Firefox 15 and Win XP.

werothegreat

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2012, 02:22:11 pm »
+1

Nope.  I'm on play.goko.com.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2012, 02:23:39 pm »

Nope.  I'm on play.goko.com.

What I mean is that if you were in the original beta and didn't clear your cache, you still end up on the beta site even though it says play.goko.com

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2012, 07:28:33 pm »
+1

I think the system is punishing you for all the mean things you said about goko :D

You think I've been embargoed?  ???

Schneau

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #100 on: September 23, 2012, 10:06:42 pm »

I had two major gameplay bugs that I reported the other day over here with a screenshot. The game was:

1. Windows Vista
2. Firefox 15.0.1
3+4. Bugs and screenshot in other post.

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2012, 09:44:07 am »

It has gone kind of quite....

Have the log-in problems been resolved and the game play issues settled down, meaning everyone is in there playing?

Or has everyone just given up and gone to find something else to do?

I haven't been able to get back in so I'm just interested.... does it look like we're finally on the right track...? Or has the second launch fizzed like the first one...?

aaron0013

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2012, 10:13:14 am »

It is working just fine for me. Of course, I was never part of the original beta :P

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2012, 10:41:07 am »

It has gone kind of quite....

Have the log-in problems been resolved and the game play issues settled down, meaning everyone is in there playing?

Or has everyone just given up and gone to find something else to do?

I haven't been able to get back in so I'm just interested.... does it look like we're finally on the right track...? Or has the second launch fizzed like the first one...?

Hey Cactus - nope not gone quiet, I just stepped away for a break on Sunday. Since we last spoke we've issued a couple of updates. In particular, we pushed an update that should have fixed many of the problems with IE9 login. As for your issue, I'll check in with Trisha when she gets in this morning as she is managing the help@ email queue.

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2012, 10:59:02 am »

All good. Sorry not trying to put pressure on anyone to work on Sundays. I'm in Australia (just ticked over to Tuesday here!) and I sometimes forget most of you folks are in the US....

I really wasn't trying to light a fire under you guys Brian.... just wondering how the other regular posters were fairing....

Anyhow, I'm back at work myself tomorrow so I won't be able to look at this stuff much more for the next few days. Hopefully the updates will have smoothed out a few issues by then....

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2012, 11:20:24 am »

All good. Sorry not trying to put pressure on anyone to work on Sundays. I'm in Australia (just ticked over to Tuesday here!) and I sometimes forget most of you folks are in the US....

I really wasn't trying to light a fire under you guys Brian.... just wondering how the other regular posters were fairing....

Anyhow, I'm back at work myself tomorrow so I won't be able to look at this stuff much more for the next few days. Hopefully the updates will have smoothed out a few issues by then....

No worries Cactus. We certainly want to get things smoothed out for you guys as quickly as possible!

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 25, 2012, 12:54:59 am »

Goko service update (posted on BGG as well): Goko will be going down for planned maintenance at approximately 11pm PST tonight. Updates generally take 1-2 hours but can vary based on the extent of changes we roll out. Will update with a summary of changes tomorrow morning.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2012, 03:49:43 pm »

Trying to create an account on the public beta (this computer doesn't have the saved cookie from the public beta).  Using Chrome 22.0.1229.79 m on Win 7.  When I try to enter my birthday, I can only see the first three choices of each drop-down box, e.g., only January through March for the month.  No problem in FF.

brian_howell

• Dominion Online Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2012, 03:53:08 pm »
+1

Trying to create an account on the public beta (this computer doesn't have the saved cookie from the public beta).  Using Chrome 22.0.1229.79 m on Win 7.  When I try to enter my birthday, I can only see the first three choices of each drop-down box, e.g., only January through March for the month.  No problem in FF.

Will pass this along.

Jive Junkie

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 27, 2012, 05:29:44 pm »

So I wasn't in the private beta, but where is the most useful place to post bugs, suggestions, and such?

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 27, 2012, 05:31:24 pm »

Your asking that question in a thread populated by a goko person answering questions, even the one directly above you?
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 27, 2012, 06:01:34 pm »
+3

Your asking that question in a thread populated by a goko person answering questions, even the one directly above you?

That doesn't make this the best place.  However, this might be the best place on this forum to ask where the best place in general is.

Ozle

• Cartographer
  • Sorry, this text is personal.
  • Respect: +3360
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 27, 2012, 06:20:13 pm »
+1

That doesn't make this the best place.  However, this might be the best place on this forum to ask where the best place in general is.

Yay for semantics as always in this place.

Clearly my point is, if there is a member of goko in this thread, happily telling people to ask questions here and then taking them away and coming back with answers, then this is a pretty damn good place to ask th e questions he wanta to ask.

Sure there might be better places, but he is already here, so here is a pretty good place!

Why does everybody need to be so bloody anal about everything all the time
Try the Ozle Google Map Challenge!
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7466.0

Sullying players Enjoyment of Innovation since 2013 Apparently!

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 27, 2012, 06:32:40 pm »
+7

It's not all the time...

Edit: I understood this that of course you can leave whatever feedback you have now here, but maybe you have more feedback tomorrow, or in two weeks, and maybe in two weeks this thread is not the best place anymore, because there might be places that are more closely watched.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 06:34:54 pm by DStu »

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 27, 2012, 07:03:59 pm »
+2

Kuildeous

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 28, 2012, 08:24:57 am »
+1

We have to reach our quota of Futurama quotes. How else can you say that Kirian is technically correct—the best kind of correct?
A man has no signature

Jive Junkie

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2012, 11:04:42 am »
+2

He seems to be playing the role of community manager / PR, and it may be more efficient to make bug reports directly to where the developers can see and deal with it. I doubt he wants to personally ferry every single bug report and issue to the software people himself.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2012, 01:45:14 pm »

We have to reach our quota of Futurama quotes. How else can you say that Kirian is technically correct—the best kind of correct?

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 28, 2012, 02:31:02 pm »
+1

I have observed the even spread of likes and dislikes for that video.

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2012, 02:34:06 pm »

Wow, that must be faked by youtube:
66.767 positive Bewertungen,
66.766 negative Bewertungen

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +9187
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 28, 2012, 02:43:24 pm »

I'm fairly certain it's just fans continually self-correcting.

michaeljb

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 28, 2012, 03:00:33 pm »

I'm fairly certain it's just fans continually self-correcting.

Yeah. One of the top comments is "I don't really dislike this, I was just fixing it." And then two of the other top comments are replies to that one, neither approving or disapproving.

teasel

• Moneylender
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 28, 2012, 08:46:27 pm »

so umm... i know this is a dominion forum and all but i don't know how else to contact the goko staff so i hope you'll excuse me

what are the plans with the other planned games? are they going to get into the beta too soon enough? will they feature the expansions? what happens to the BGA version of race for the galaxy?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 28, 2012, 11:13:18 pm »

so umm... i know this is a dominion forum and all but i don't know how else to contact the goko staff so i hope you'll excuse me

what are the plans with the other planned games? are they going to get into the beta too soon enough? will they feature the expansions? what happens to the BGA version of race for the galaxy?

The last, at least, I can answer: if and when Goko's RFTG app goes online, the BGA version will disappear.  If I'm not mistaken, however, the same person (keldon?) is programming both--or perhaps it's someone who did another RFTG implementation and not the one at BGA?  I don't remember with certainty.

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 29, 2012, 08:22:00 am »
+2

Well maybe they have put a lot of time and effort into the testing.... but it wasn't enough. Hindsight, I know, but how much better would it have been to deliver a more simple but more polished product? If game play and the UI had been bug free and well implemented they could have put time and effort into creating the AI bots at a later stage. As to what the thinking was behind wasting time and effort of creating those demented avatars when they didn't even have a working game?! That I will never understand. 

Bondles

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 29, 2012, 11:53:42 am »

I've logged in via Google, but I'm showing up with my real name as my username, and I can't find any option to set an alias.  I'd prefer not to use my real name in multiplayer games; am I missing something or is this an issue?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 29, 2012, 06:04:32 pm »

...they could have put time and effort into creating the AI bots at a later stage.

This is the thing that annoys me the most.  AI should really have been the very last thing.  Instead it was one of the first.

As to what the thinking was behind wasting time and effort of creating those demented avatars when they didn't even have a working game?!

That one's actually easy.  Artists != programmers.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 29, 2012, 07:15:29 pm »
+2

I've logged in via Google, but I'm showing up with my real name as my username, and I can't find any option to set an alias.  I'd prefer not to use my real name in multiplayer games; am I missing something or is this an issue?
Go to Goko.com. There your username will appear in the upper right hand corner and you can change it. It's not very obvious nor easy. So, Goko needs to make it to change one's username but it is possible to do.

Bondles

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2012, 02:28:34 am »

Thanks, BA.  Got that sorted.

But now dominion.goko.com looks to be back to a private beta so I can't log in any more.

e: But I can log in at play.goko.com/Dominion/gameClient.html
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 02:30:41 am by Bondles »

oznorkas

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 30, 2012, 05:11:28 am »

Are Gardens working correctly? I just finished a game with 55 cards, and I got just 4 points per Gardens.  Maybe the Gardens card itself is not counted?

Link to log file:
http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20120930/log.505dcfa751c359e6597eff4e.1348995773939.txt

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2012, 05:30:46 am »

Are Gardens working correctly? I just finished a game with 55 cards, and I got just 4 points per Gardens.  Maybe the Gardens card itself is not counted?

Link to log file:
http://dominionlogs.goko.com/20120930/log.505dcfa751c359e6597eff4e.1348995773939.txt
oznorkas - cards: 4 Festival, 4 Cellar, 3 Woodcutter, 20 Copper, 2 Silver, 12 Estate, 8 Gardens, 2 Duchy
oznorkas - total victory points: 58
(58-2x3-12x1)/8=40/8=5

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2012, 05:33:34 am »

I believe in that log your gardens were correctly worth 5 points each.

oznorkas

• Herbalist
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2012, 06:06:31 am »

Now that's embarrasing... :-[ For some reason I multiplied by ten in stead of eight.

Jive Junkie

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 01, 2012, 02:13:36 pm »

The best place is: http://funsockets.ipbhost.com/

Thanks, I take it you have to be registered to see anything? I sent in my registration, but I guess it has to be approved.

Tables

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 01, 2012, 04:51:28 pm »

Hm, yes, there is that. It's possible they aren't using that any more, activity there (and in particularly responses) have dropped since about midweek last week. If that's the case, check the getsatisfaction link from the game page.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 18, 2012, 04:55:27 pm »

It seems they are working on the official release:
http://playdominion.com
At least they are configuring the Apache.

Quote from: playdominion
It works!

This is the default web page for this server.

The web server software is running but no content has been added, yet.

DStu

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 18, 2012, 05:07:30 pm »

Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at playdominion.com Port 80

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2012, 03:11:47 am »

http://playdominion.com/ now redirects to goko.
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 20 queries.