Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: FunSockets Q&A - Part 2 - soliciting questions  (Read 41990 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: FunSockets Q&A - Part 2
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2012, 04:04:07 pm »
+1

Well since you seem to be the only one "discussing" it here, you could just stop replying...

there is a precedent (in both this thread and the previous iteration) of people providing answers to questions that have already been answered in some form elsewhere. i was trying to simultaneously answer cactus's question while also redirecting him to to a thread full of the relevant discussion. i wasn't trying to further the discussion, and my apologies if it came across that way.

i'm not trying to stifle discussion about goko here by any means. i am just trying to keep the organization simple and the topic focused. and as a quick response to the comment of me being the 'gatekeeper', i just want to point out that i have zero vested interest in goko.  i was not a part of the private beta and i have yet to play a single game on their interface.

i simply want to see some of the community's questions answered, and this format was (to me) successful last time. it allows the community time to rank questions as well as flesh them out a little bit.  and perhaps more importantly, it gives goko the time to pass around the questions and generate some well defined answers on their own time.  as much as i (and presumably most of you and goko as well) would love to see a daily interaction with goko, the reality of the situation seems to be that they are currently scrambling to get their product launched and they don't have time for much else.

anyway, that's a long ramble about what i'm about and it is a bit of a derail in itself so apologies for that. but i figured i should explain where i'm coming from in all of this.

I think you're doing a pretty good job!

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2012, 09:19:29 am »
+5

ok guys, one last update for you. i'll update this as needed if i get any clarifications.
  • Goko will be starting the chat today at 3PM Pacific time (PDT). the chat will again be run by trisha, though she is still working on having some others join her for at least a part of it.
  • the format of the chat has changed a little. it looks like they are going to drop any video interaction and keep it solely text based. Trisha said she will probably start off by dumping answers to all of the questions which have been asked so far (presumably current through last night).
  • after providing all of the prepared answers, she will then hang out (in this thread, i believe) and field followup clarifications and other questions for approximately an hour. she will try to answer questions live as they come in, and theory will probably be hanging out helping run things.
  • the questions have been passed around their office, so we will be presumably be getting answers directly from the responsible individuals (ie marketing, programmers, etc.) whenever applicable. the chat will be run by trisha though, so remember that you might not be able to get as specific a response/clarification from a followup question.
  • feel free to continue asking questions all the way up through the chat.

again, i would personally ask that everyone tries to keep things friendly in interacting with Goko here. tough questions are great, just try to keep the tone civil. and remember that trisha and whoever else might pop in are not responsible for all of goko's decisions. shooting the messenger and all that.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 02:45:59 pm by greatexpectations »
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2012, 11:31:03 am »
+4

What is the status of sessions being added?

Meaning that when I lose my internet connection or for whatever other reason am forced to reload the page I can connect back to the game I was in instead of auto-forfeiting. Is this being worked on? Is it in testing? Is it something we will never see?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
  • Respect: +867
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2012, 12:26:50 pm »

Is there anything that could be done to leave isotopic running?  (for example put it behind a goko pay wall?).

Edit: This is truly not a troll post - I have no issue paying for quality software that I enjoy using.  I've written a bunch, both publicly here and on the ipbhost forums (some of which seems to have been lost), and to goko directly regarding the things that I'm looking for as a dominion enthusiast.

I know that DXV has posted that its not an option, but is this something that goko is even willing to entertain?  Does management @ Goko understand the perceived gaps in play enjoyment between the two systems?
This is such an excellent idea. You'd have me buying everything if this was made possible.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2012, 04:17:24 pm »
+4

Are you happy with the traffic since launching into beta?  A quick check right now shows ~20-30 users logged into the goko beta, and 350+ currently logged into isotropic. 

What do you think is keeping them on isotropic?  (given that we can play for free on goko, and goko has the new dark ages cards available)

How do you plan on converting those users?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 04:19:36 pm by Captain_Frisk »
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

rockman

• Pawn
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2012, 04:24:11 pm »

Hello, i'm a customer, i paid 20$ for having the pack of 3 extensions, and i'm upset, because there is a so obvious and simple thing i should do but can't because people who created this application didn't thought about it.
I enjoy to play random decks and chose wich deck i want to play. For example a random deck of base + intrigue is very nice, and i used to do this before in a free website which now don't have dominion anymore.
But since i bought the pack of 3 extension, i can't do random decks game like i want to do and i'm very upset since i paid more money for finaly can't doing something i should do by paying less !!!!!
i talked about it in the chat and some other players said they also want to do the same, but it is impossible.
I think people who run this website should read my message, and please, do a better system of random deck wich can able or disable extensions.

I put my message again because no one cared and answered

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2012, 04:27:54 pm »

I put my message again because no one cared and answered

hey there! i've actually got your question (though i trimmed it down a little, as i did with many others) in the compilation of questions on the front page of this thread. you can find it under the 'game play' subheading. it has been on the front page for a few days now, and it will likely be addressed by goko when they start their Q&A session in about an hour and a half.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2012, 04:32:23 pm »

Sadly, I'm pretty sure they plan on "converting" those users by causing iso to shut down.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2012, 04:50:40 pm »
+1

Sadly, I'm pretty sure they plan on "converting" those users by causing iso to shut down.

Of course they hope this is the case, but when iso shuts down, the users in question can either move over to goko, or stop playing.  Given that people are not moving over to goko in droves despite plenty of reasons (placement on the new leaderboard probably being the biggest), makes me suspect that option 2 might be more likely. 

I'm just curious as to what goko's take on the situation is, and what they might say to convince someone like myself to move over other than "You have no choice"

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2012, 04:58:39 pm »
+2

Any update on the "something" for the beta testers that was mentioned on the get satisfaction page?

Is there any reason to become an early adopter of the system with the pricing scheme as it is? (Sets of sets are cheaper than individual sets, since all of the sets are not yet available it implies spending more money to get everything if you adopt Goko early)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
  • Respect: +1345
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2012, 05:29:44 pm »

Insom's question is a good one.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2012, 05:30:51 pm »

Both of them.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2012, 05:41:56 pm »

Both of them.

Thanks guys I'm just trying to think of things that are important to me to know that I don't see asked yet, especially since this starts soon.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2012, 05:45:07 pm »

In part 1 there was talk about an offline mode, is there an update on that front?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »

In part 1 there was talk about an offline mode, is there an update on that front?

Now you might be trollin.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2012, 05:52:21 pm »

Now you might be trollin.

Well it was ASKED about, she didn't say much about it.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: FunSockets Q&A - Part 2 - soliciting questions
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2012, 06:15:56 pm »

I see that when you talk about mobile versions you always say iPad, will there be an iPhone and Android Phone version?

kn1tt3r

• Minion
  • Respect: +278
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2012, 09:23:02 am »
+1

Is there any reason to become an early adopter of the system with the pricing scheme as it is? (Sets of sets are cheaper than individual sets, since all of the sets are not yet available it implies spending more money to get everything if you adopt Goko early)
I don't know if that's what you mean, but I asked on their feedback site about the possibility of a "partially advanced order" of all present and future sets up to Guilds for a special price (which would be benefitial for both sides), and the answer was that it sounded like a good idea and they check whether it's technically possible.

RisingJaguar

• Minion
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2012, 03:03:34 pm »
+4

Of course they hope this is the case, but when iso shuts down, the users in question can either move over to goko, or stop playing.  Given that people are not moving over to goko in droves despite plenty of reasons (placement on the new leaderboard probably being the biggest), makes me suspect that option 2 might be more likely. 

I'm just curious as to what goko's take on the situation is, and what they might say to convince someone like myself to move over other than "You have no choice"
Yeah I am very much on this boat as well.  I get that they are trying to be the next cool thing that casual gamers will play (or at least that's how I feel about the development), but they are missing the simplicity of Iso that made is EASY to play. 

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2012, 02:13:58 pm »
+1

Is there ever going to be an equivalent to isotropic's 'text mode'?

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 23, 2012, 10:51:14 pm »

This has been addressed several times, and they say it is not high on their priority list.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
  • Respect: +690
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2012, 02:33:04 pm »

This has been addressed several times, and they say it is not high on their priority list.
Darn. Makes playing at work a lot more difficult.

aaron0013

• Explorer
  • Respect: +220
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2012, 04:29:30 pm »
+1

Darn. Makes playing at work a lot more difficult.
I agree, but they want to make as true to life as possible I guess.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.