Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: FunSockets Q&A - Part 2 - soliciting questions  (Read 41828 times)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
Re: FunSockets Q&A - Part 2
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2012, 03:29:12 pm »
+3

If you buy the expansions in the beta with PayPal, will you get to keep the cards when this officially releases?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 09:15:19 pm by Beyond Awesome »

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2012, 03:33:01 pm »
+3

When the iphone and other versions are implemented, will those players be able to play with players using a desktop?

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2012, 03:36:39 pm »
+3

In the previous Q&A, you guys mentioned that you were trying to figure out a better way to communicate and reach out to your player base. Have you guys considered starting a blog on your website?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9411
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2012, 03:48:23 pm »
+5

There are still a ton of bugs/issues/etc that people have, some of which have been listed elsewhere and multiple times.  Would it be helpful of us to list them individually on GetSatisfaction?
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2012, 03:46:14 am »
+4

I think this wasn't answered anywhere: As you accepting real money now, I suppose there will be no hard database resets anymore which result in losing our Adventure progress and game stats. Is my assumption correct?

Schneau

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Schneau
  • Respect: +1461
    • View Profile
    • Rainwave
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2012, 07:54:22 am »
+5

Are the reported memory leaks fixed?

Lashof

• Steward
  • Respect: +22
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2012, 04:44:27 pm »

One of the coolest features of Goko to me, was the advertised ability to embed it in a google+ hangout so you can videochat while you play with someone, all from one window.  My main issue with iso was always that it didn't feel as social as IRL dominion, even though the gameplay was actually way less tedious.

How do I actually get this to work, or when does it go live if it isn't supported yet?

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1067
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2012, 02:46:59 pm »
+2

figured i would give you guys a quick update on what is going on with the Q&A.
  • they have been following this thread and are reading the questions. trisha commented that a compilation of questions have been passed around to everyone over there, including as high up the chain as the CEO.
  • they will probably answer the questions in another video/chat session similar to last time. trisha said she is trying to bring someone from marketing into the chat but that is not official yet.
  • they intend to provide written responses for all of the questions, whether they get covered in the video chat or not.
  • a time hasn't been set yet, but it is still scheduled to happen october 3. im guessing sometime early in the afternoon for those based in the US.
  • i get the impression that the funsockets folk are trying to appease us but at the same time they are scrambling to get this stuff out the door. in the mean time, i have seen funsockets staff lurking some threads and trying to respond to beta bugs. it's a step in the right direction.

if you have any comments or suggestions for the formatting feel free to post them.  and of course, feel free to add to the questions.
momomoto: ...I looked at the tableau and went "Mountebank? That's for jerks."
rrenaud: Jerks win.

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2012, 03:55:36 pm »

Do you guys have any intention on changing the starting decks in adventure to the ones Donald X mentions here?

Incidentally I strongly suspect that the starting decks will all change to be what I'm typing up for them to be.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

SenseiCAY

• Swindler
  • Respect: +9
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2012, 10:50:09 am »
+1

How much work is being put into the iOS and mobile versions of the site? I tried playing on iPad and it took several seconds to register a single click, which made games ridiculously slow.

Additionally, I know some players have probably already complained about this, but I will echo the sentiment that I'd rather not have to pay to win. That is, in adventure mode, I'd like for it to be possible to win games without using powerups. When I'm starting with 7 coppers and 3 estates, and my computer opponent starts with silvers in their deck and can buy gold on turn 1 and always draw their militias, the game becomes significantly less fun and more frustrating.

1wheel

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2012, 12:09:16 pm »

Fast mode still isn't very usable - are there any improvements planned for it?

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2012, 12:50:31 pm »
+5

Is there any chance that "very fast" animations will be changed to "turn off" animations?  They're too fast to be useful most of the time, but still slow enough to be bothersome, especially with multiple Goons in play.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 07:23:26 am »
+18

Is there anything that could be done to leave isotopic running?  (for example put it behind a goko pay wall?).

Edit: This is truly not a troll post - I have no issue paying for quality software that I enjoy using.  I've written a bunch, both publicly here and on the ipbhost forums (some of which seems to have been lost), and to goko directly regarding the things that I'm looking for as a dominion enthusiast.

I know that DXV has posted that its not an option, but is this something that goko is even willing to entertain?  Does management @ Goko understand the perceived gaps in play enjoyment between the two systems?

Edit 2: I recognize that it's a pipe dream.  I think my follow on question (now in bold) is actually the most important.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:22:18 pm by Captain_Frisk »
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

rockman

• Pawn
  • Respect: +4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 06:43:50 pm »
+2

Hello, i'm a customer, i paid 20$ for having the pack of 3 extensions, and i'm upset, because there is a so obvious and simple thing i should do but can't because people who created this application didn't thought about it.
I enjoy to play random decks and chose wich deck i want to play. For example a random deck of base + intrigue is very nice, and i used to do this before in a free website which now don't have dominion anymore.
But since i bought the pack of 3 extension, i can't do random decks game like i want to do and i'm very upset since i paid more money for finaly can't doing something i should do by paying less !!!!!
i talked about it in the chat and some other players said they also want to do the same, but it is impossible.
I think people who run this website should read my message, and please, do a better system of random deck wich can able or disable extensions.

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • An Unbalanced Equation
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 03:02:04 am »
+1

Is there anything that could be done to leave isotopic running?  (for example put it behind a goko pay wall?).

Edit: This is truly not a troll post - I have no issue paying for quality software that I enjoy using.  I've written a bunch, both publicly here and on the ipbhost forums (some of which seems to have been lost), and to goko directly regarding the things that I'm looking for as a dominion enthusiast.

I know that DXV has posted that its not an option, but is this something that goko is even willing to entertain?  Does management @ Goko understand the perceived gaps in play enjoyment between the two systems?

I can't support this idea enough.  I'd pay Goko their full-sum value of all the cards (including ones they haven't released, at the same rate, which should be about $40 total) if they would allow Iso to continue behind a paywall.  And lift my boycott.

DG

• Governor
  • Respect: +2624
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 07:59:10 am »
+6

What is the purpose of the 'invitational' beta that is still running but with an old version of the software? Is there a reason why there was no announcement made to the invited beta testers that a public beta was launched, or that the version they were testing was now outdated? Would you like to tell the invitational beta testers what their role is now?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:01:24 am by DG »

cactus

• Apprentice
  • Then: longtime lurker. Now: occasional poster.
  • Respect: +348
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 08:09:40 am »

What is the purpose of the 'invitational' beta that is still running but with an old version of the software? Is there a reason why there was no announcement made to the invited beta testers that a public beta was launched, or that the version they were testing was now outdated? Would you like to tell the invitational beta testers what their role is now?

I can't get into the public or the private now.... so my role is sniping from the sidelines....  ;)

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 09:48:48 am »
+2

Really the point I'd like to have put to Goko is this:

I personally think it is fair enough that we, the fans of the game, should be able to play the game with all the currently released cards (i.e. everything including all of Dark Ages) and with a decent interface (i.e. one where I'm able to log in and make an account, where it does not crash continually, etc. etc.).

If Goko as a company is able to produce an implementation that conforms to the above then I think it is fair enough we pay for that and support it.

But as it seems Goko can't provide a stable interface at this time.... or implement all of the Dominion cards.... I would like to know why you won't give the OK for us to play with all of the Dark Ages cards on Isotropic? If it was only going to be a matter of a week or so well maybe fair enough.... but as the weeks turn into months I would like to hear directly from someone at Goko explain the justification for online Dominion community being excluded from playing Dark Ages.

1wheel

• Chancellor
  • Respect: +86
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 11:45:39 am »
+1

I'd pay extra for this.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 12:41:37 pm »
+1

I would like to know why you won't give the OK for us to play with all of the Dark Ages cards on Isotropic? If it was only going to be a matter of a week or so well maybe fair enough.... but as the weeks turn into months I would like to hear directly from someone at Goko explain the justification for online Dominion community being excluded from playing Dark Ages.

you are free to ask Goko whatever you would like, but this has all been discussed in detail in this thread. both dougz and donald x weighed in, describing the potential benefits to goko of being the only online entity with the dark ages cards. goko will gain absolutely nothing that i can see from allowing iso to have the cards, and to be frank they have been charitable in allowing iso to continue to run while they aim for their full re-launch.

if it is something  you would like to discuss further i would just ask that you take the discussion to the linked thread so that we can try to keep this thread focused.

Jive Junkie

• Spy
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 02:15:24 pm »
+1

Are there any plans to implement the option to include a point tracker or deck tracker when starting a game (or joining an automatch)?

cactus

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 07:50:06 pm »
+2

I would like to know why you won't give the OK for us to play with all of the Dark Ages cards on Isotropic? If it was only going to be a matter of a week or so well maybe fair enough.... but as the weeks turn into months I would like to hear directly from someone at Goko explain the justification for online Dominion community being excluded from playing Dark Ages.

you are free to ask Goko whatever you would like, but this has all been discussed in detail in this thread. both dougz and donald x weighed in, describing the potential benefits to goko of being the only online entity with the dark ages cards. goko will gain absolutely nothing that i can see from allowing iso to have the cards, and to be frank they have been charitable in allowing iso to continue to run while they aim for their full re-launch.

if it is something  you would like to discuss further i would just ask that you take the discussion to the linked thread so that we can try to keep this thread focused.

That is fine that you think Goko would gain nothing by it. What about the fans of the game? Do they count for nothing? I genuinely don't understand why the fans of the game should be disenfranchised just based on what is perceived (by you) to be in Goko's interest. Goko would gain nothing except good will by allowing the cards to be available on Isotropic. Do they think goodwill is important to them? Surely that is for them to answer rather than you?

The reason I posted this on this thread is I would like to see someone from Goko answer this point directly and as far as I know no one from Goko ever has answered it. They have just left if for other such as you to speculate as to what their answer would be? I'm interested to hear what they have to say on the issue.... I appreciate the time and effort you're putting into being the "gatekeeper" of questions but I think this is a perfectly legitimate question to put.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 08:34:50 pm »

That is fine that you think Goko would gain nothing by it. What about the fans of the game? Do they count for nothing? I genuinely don't understand why the fans of the game should be disenfranchised just based on what is perceived (by you) to be in Goko's interest. Goko would gain nothing except good will by allowing the cards to be available on Isotropic. Do they think goodwill is important to them? Surely that is for them to answer rather than you?

The reason I posted this on this thread is I would like to see someone from Goko answer this point directly and as far as I know no one from Goko ever has answered it. They have just left if for other such as you to speculate as to what their answer would be? I'm interested to hear what they have to say on the issue.... I appreciate the time and effort you're putting into being the "gatekeeper" of questions but I think this is a perfectly legitimate question to put.

well obviously the fans and players have something to gain! they would be able to play with new cards at no cost to themselves. i'll leave it to donald x and the free pizza metaphors he has used elsewhere to explain the clear issues with this line of thinking.

i think that you are just attempting to rationalize your desire to play with the new cards here.  the only benefit to goko you were able to come up with was creating good will with the community, and i will go ahead and state that i find that notion downright laughable. i sincerely doubt that everyone here will suddenly support goko just because they let us play with dark ages on iso for a few weeks. and really, a case could easily be made that they have acted in good will already by allowing iso to remain up while they are in beta. they could easily have justified shutting down iso after their failed release or after their soft public beta release.

as i said last post, i encourage the questions. goko can choose to answer them or not answer it as they see fit.  but past asking the question, i think the discussion is better fit in the thread dedicated to the subject, especially as it is something that donald, dougz, and others have already weighed in on. if you would like to discuss it further i would just ask that you start the discussion up again over there. but of course, i can't and won't stop you from doing it here.

polonkus

• Conspirator
  • Respect: +114
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 08:50:40 am »

well obviously the fans and players have something to gain! they would be able to play with new cards at no cost to themselves. i'll leave it to donald x and the free pizza metaphors he has used elsewhere to explain the clear issues with this line of thinking.

i think that you are just attempting to rationalize your desire to play with the new cards here.  the only benefit to goko you were able to come up with was creating good will with the community, and i will go ahead and state that i find that notion downright laughable. i sincerely doubt that everyone here will suddenly support goko just because they let us play with dark ages on iso for a few weeks. and really, a case could easily be made that they have acted in good will already by allowing iso to remain up while they are in beta. they could easily have justified shutting down iso after their failed release or after their soft public beta release.

as i said last post, i encourage the questions. goko can choose to answer them or not answer it as they see fit.  but past asking the question, i think the discussion is better fit in the thread dedicated to the subject, especially as it is something that donald, dougz, and others have already weighed in on. if you would like to discuss it further i would just ask that you start the discussion up again over there. but of course, i can't and won't stop you from doing it here.

Well since you seem to be the only one "discussing" it here, you could just stop replying...
This user is banned.

greatexpectations

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2012, 10:09:23 am »
+5

Well since you seem to be the only one "discussing" it here, you could just stop replying...

there is a precedent (in both this thread and the previous iteration) of people providing answers to questions that have already been answered in some form elsewhere. i was trying to simultaneously answer cactus's question while also redirecting him to to a thread full of the relevant discussion. i wasn't trying to further the discussion, and my apologies if it came across that way.

i'm not trying to stifle discussion about goko here by any means. i am just trying to keep the organization simple and the topic focused. and as a quick response to the comment of me being the 'gatekeeper', i just want to point out that i have zero vested interest in goko.  i was not a part of the private beta and i have yet to play a single game on their interface.

i simply want to see some of the community's questions answered, and this format was (to me) successful last time. it allows the community time to rank questions as well as flesh them out a little bit.  and perhaps more importantly, it gives goko the time to pass around the questions and generate some well defined answers on their own time.  as much as i (and presumably most of you and goko as well) would love to see a daily interaction with goko, the reality of the situation seems to be that they are currently scrambling to get their product launched and they don't have time for much else.

anyway, that's a long ramble about what i'm about and it is a bit of a derail in itself so apologies for that. but i figured i should explain where i'm coming from in all of this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.