Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combo: Chapel + Stash  (Read 8101 times)

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
Combo: Chapel + Stash
« on: August 14, 2011, 02:23:13 am »

Just tried running this today, and while it's not the most powerful combo, it does show some promise.

Stash is normally a terrible card. However, it starts getting better when you either have multiple stashes, or when your deck cycles quickly (e.g with Chancellor)

The other way to make a deck cycle quickly is to make it small. Chapel does this quite well.

Chapel away your deck, while trying to get as 4 or more stashes as quickly as possible. Getting a silver or two on the way won't hurt. Then, each time you reshuffle, line up the draws so that you get $8.

The downsides of this are that because of how the deck is set-up, you'll probably never get the chance to buy a duchy, which can really hurt. Additionally, hand size reducers make this totally unviable, and your buying power gets limited pretty early

I haven't tried simulating it yet, but I did try some solitaire games, and it's somewhere around 13-15 turns to 4 provinces. Of course, the lack of duchies means that may not be very good...
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
Re: Combo: Chapel + Stash
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:32:20 am »

I ran a quick Simulation of this vs _Single Chapel (Modified slightly so it won't open Chapel/- on a 5/2) and the Chapel wins 52-42. If, however, we let the Stash player buy Golds with $6 then the Stash player wins 51-42.

Titandrake

• Mountebank
  • Respect: +2854
    • View Profile
Re: Combo: Chapel + Stash
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:42:59 pm »

I ran a quick Simulation of this vs _Single Chapel (Modified slightly so it won't open Chapel/- on a 5/2) and the Chapel wins 52-42. If, however, we let the Stash player buy Golds with $6 then the Stash player wins 51-42.

That sounds about right. Not the best, but then again not the worst. The odds that there is a better $5 to buy is pretty high, but otherwise this isn't terrible.
I have a blog! It's called Sorta Insightful. Check it out?
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.