Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: iPhone App  (Read 3246 times)

agrajag

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +16
    • View Profile
iPhone App
« on: August 13, 2011, 09:05:36 pm »

So a few weeks ago I started writing my own Dominion iPhone randomizer app since there wasn't one that supported Cornucopia. I guess since then scottyo has published one that does it (as seen here). But since I went through all the trouble of making it I thought I'd share it with all of you.

It's not on the store (yet), but if anyone wants a copy send me your iPhone's UDID and I'll send it to you.

Features:
  • Includes all currently released official cards, including Cornucopia and Walled Village.
  • Correctly picks Bane card for Young Witch
  • Remembers the last 20 generated kingdoms and lets you browse back through them
  • Easy on/off toggles for the expansions
  • Blacklist cards you never want to appear
  • Toggle to require that there's at least one card of each cost from 2 through 5.

Planned Future Features:
  • Full card text and rules
  • Full Black Market deck support
  • Toggle to require that new kingdoms have no cards in common with previously generated one
  • Whitelist (manually specify cards in randomizer deck)
  • Ability to require certain cards always be included
  • Bias generated kingdoms toward certain card types, expansions, and/or costs.

Screenshots:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 04:16:58 pm by agrajag »

lympi

• Salvager
  • You'll never catch me, Copper
  • Respect: +99
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone App
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 01:55:28 am »

Cool man. I'll PM you my UDID.

Have you considered trying to make your app universal? i.e. iPad compatible. None of the randomizers that are on the App Store are universal presently, so that would help differentiate you on the market.

Digging the gradients on the dual-type cards in the screenshots, by the way. Fancy.
Then God said, Let there be a Village, and another Village, and another Village, and a Village, and I've got a silver and a copper. I'll buy a Village. -Ousgg on BGG

philosophyguy

• Minion
  • Respect: +299
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:19:59 am »

Here's another vote for an iPad-compatible version. I'd buy that app.

agrajag

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 01:52:54 pm »

Well I'm not too concerned with differentiating myself, since I wasn't planning on selling it. It was more of "I wanted it for myself, and as long as I already made it might as well share it with others" sort of thing. In fact I plan to have it up on Github within the next few weeks. But an iPad version would be nice, maybe I'll work on that once I finish all the features I want in this version.

lympi:
I'm just finishing up the code for displaying card text. Once that's done I'll send you over a copy.

Superdad

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:12:57 am »

I was hoping to see an app similar to the Ascension iPhone app.

Good work though.

agrajag

• Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 10:45:17 am »

If you want a "real" Dominion app, you'll have to wait for the official one to come out, which should hopefully be soon now. This is just something I threw together in a couple days when I wanted to play with Cornucopia but didn't have room in my box for randomizer cards :P
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 20 queries.