Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wingnut makes an incredible comeback... and still loses 122-51  (Read 642 times)

Wingnut

• Golem
  • Respect: +75
    • View Profile
Wingnut makes an incredible comeback... and still loses 122-51
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:05:41 am »
+2

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201209/13/game-20120913-215605-b83b2164.html

Lesson of this game #1: Don't open 5-2 on a Familiar board with nothing costing two. It has a way of making things miserable really quick. Especially since it means you are likely to still be in the 2p position later too.
Lesson #2: Resign when you realize you've lost the curse split 9-1 and Grand Market, Goons, Apprentice and Margrave are all on the board.
Lesson #3: If you haven't followed Lesson #2, resign when your opponent starts buying the Inns you were using to give yourself some fun in this grinding slog of doom.
Lesson #4: Sometimes it is better to look for moral victories. This was one of those times. Despite all of that I managed to double province on turn 30
Lesson #5: When you pull nonsensical garbage that works like what occurred in Lesson #4, don't be surprised when your opponent decides to try and run up the score for achievement purposes just because he can and you haven't given up yet.
Lesson #6: End the game when some sort of victory can be claimed. I may not have won the game, but I had more points in victory cards than my opponent :)
Final Lesson: Find a way to have fun playing Dominion even when the situation is totally hopeless.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.212 seconds with 20 queries.