Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Probably one of the more amusing boards that I've played  (Read 719 times)

dondon151

• 2012 US Champion
  • Respect: +1856
    • View Profile
Probably one of the more amusing boards that I've played
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:07:30 pm »

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201209/13/game-20120913-185508-893c5387.html

Board looked really weak for Colonies; probably Venture was the only decent enabler. I see a few somewhat decent enablers for Vineyard, nothing strong, though. Identified that Talisman could let me pick up multiple Scouts/Smugglers/Potions, Smugglers let me gain BV + something else or Venture/Gold if he went money (helping me grab my own BVs in that case), and went for Vineyards.

Kind of didn't expect him to follow me and to arrive at a 3-pile ending, though. His economy was slightly better so he won the BV split, but could never get a Duchy, and all of those Smugglers let me 3-pile on Estates before he could get a chance to pull ahead. I probably made a mistake somewhere holding off the Potion buy, because the shuffle that I wanted it, my Talismans appeared in a $3 hand, and I was very sad.

My gut reaction says that Colony is still stronger here because even though the Colony player will stall, he can pick up lower VP while the Vineyards player can only pick up Vineyards. Probably should have vetoed Venture instead of Trader.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 20 queries.