Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26  All

Author Topic: ZM2: Mafia in Space! - TOWN WINS (first f.ds D1 scum lynch)  (Read 64253 times)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
Re: ZM2: Mafia in Space! Day 1 started - PM for Spec QT
« Reply #400 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:44 am »

So I'm rereading and catching up simultaneously, and joth just leaves me with a general bad feeling in my face.  It really feels like a crazy ploy he's trying out as scum because this is Blitz.  His morning statements have cooled off some and made him seem less out there until he decided to break logic in #348.  His defense of that in #352 also makes no real sense to me.  This seemed like he was about to shift to not #1 on my list until I read those two.  Now I'm feeling like scum-joth said "oh man, crazy scum gambit didn't work.  Time to start working for a real vote, passing out some town cred to shray and insom...good thing it's too late for them to turn away from frisk"

As for SFS, he's still at #2 and I think eevee had the right read there.  Somebody else mentioned that he didn't like SFS actions, I think that was Frisk.  That longer post Frisk made (#330) sounded pretty good.  If nobody else is getting this from joth, I would want to back down to voting for SFS. This has a small chance to surpass the Frisk wagon, and Frisk is probably equal to ashersky right now in my mind.  Both are just slightly more suspicious than me.

I'm trying to find words on my SFS read.  The fence-sitting is a smaller part of it.  Your response to eevee last night was a bigger part.  The "jokingly ignore suspicion" part. Additionally, you called Frisk out on talking football last night, while you were the one engaging him in it.

As for Eevee, there's nothing I can say right now.  Eevee has been on my suspicion list for a while based on a pure gut reaction, but I haven't seen anything to actually warrent a vote.  And I've seen more thana  few things to warrent not voting for Eevee.  Archetype is now my #3, because I really dislike how little he's contributing other than a vote on someone who is giving me a nice town-read.

Ooh, this really is "good stuff".
a) Red I added - Nice coaching.
b) Bold I added - I've responded to that.
c) Italics I added - You don't know how much I adore pronouns without antecedents, but if the "you" in this sentence is SFS, this assertion is blatantly false. Please show me the post where "I called Frisk out for talking football".  You actually make my point for me in the next clause, because indeed I was "the one engaging him in it".  To call him out for something I was participating would be (wait, that goes in RSP) illogical.
d) The greens (plural) I added - So you'll sheep EV, but there's nothing to say about him, except what you do say, which is that he suspicious, but not enough to vote for.  Am I to read this as you thinking EV and SFS are a scumpair?

Too much to respond to, deferred until day 2.  part (c) makes very little sense to me right now.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:52 am »

20 seconds!  Help!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: September 18, 2012, 12:00:03 pm »

If I die in the night I suspect shraeye of doing it.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 18, 2012, 12:00:09 pm »

THREAD LOCKED

Final Day 1 Vote Count

jotheonah (3) - shraeye, Insomniac, Captain_Frisk
Captain_Frisk (3) - Robz888, Archetype, jotheonah
SwitchedFromStarcraft (1) - Eevee
shraeye (1) - SwitchedFromStarcraft

Not voting: ashersky
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 01:25:53 pm by Voltaire »

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 18, 2012, 12:13:35 pm »

All eyes on the bridge turned to Captain_Frisk and jotheonah. "Frisk always had it out for Captain Voltaire!" someone shouted. "Voltaire was just a crappy copycat anyway!" shouted another. "Jotheonah is just the kind of guy to try a crazy asteroid maneuver like Voltaire - so he can't be a mutineer!" "What if he's an alien?" Everyone formed sides, except for ashersky, who was busy playing with the bridge's holoprojector. "It's a tie..." they all mumbled. "Well, we lined up first!" said Robz888, Archetype, and jotheonah, and they marched Captain_Frisk to the airlock.

Captain_Frisk, the mutineer, has been lynched.

Night actions are due in 12 hours, at midnight EST.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: ZM2: Mafia in Space! Night 1 - get your actions in - PM for Spec QT
« Reply #405 on: September 18, 2012, 10:49:24 pm »

As the artificial night gives way to the artificial day, everyone gathers in the mess hall for breakfast. As they ingest their protein tablets, one spot's water glass remains unemptied.

Archetype, the xenobiologist, has been killed. He was found smothered in his quarters.

Day 2 has begun.

Not voting: ashersky, Eevee, Insomniac, jotheonah, Robz888, shraeye, SwitchedFromStarcraft

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline is September 19 at 11 PM EST (~24 hours from now).

THREAD UNLOCKED

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM2: Mafia in Space! Night 1 - get your actions in - PM for Spec QT
« Reply #406 on: September 18, 2012, 10:49:50 pm »

Ok so there are 3 cops still and I'm the android one. I breadcrumed this multiple times yesterday.

Eevee no accidental breadcrumbs today!  >:(

Anyways now that all systems are go how about some Vote: Archetype

"All systems go" - Robot I even said breadcrumbs in the same post

I do not have feelings, emotions, or a sense of humour. I am here to find scum.

No emotions/feelings/sense of humour again claiming Robot.

FoS to all who attempt to hide behind the veil of random lynching. (Man I hate my iPhone when I make long posts like that)

I freaking love my iPhone, this post was because iPhone and Android are rivals.

Anyways I feel that with 2 cops, we either confirm 3 or 4 townies and a counterclaim is ridiculously bad play at this point for scum (lynch either of us then the other) as well as fakeclaiming is bad (same reason) so even if they kill one of us having the confirmed townies is super useful.

I investigated SwitchedFromStarcraft last night and he is a passenger.

Because you get to see this post the reason shaereye had wanted to lynch me the least is he picked up on my android crumbs, and because of that if he is scum I expected him to kill me So that leaves me with this list.

I am the android cop

SFS - is the townie I am confirming

Jo - pretty townish - He was hesitant to vote for Frisk until it was up between Frisk and him, I find it unlikely that town drove two scum wagons.

Robz - also really townish - he could have moved the lynch to jo but did not. (and there is 2 not 3 scum)

Ash - as with robz really townish - he too could have moved the lynch to jo but did not. (and there is 2 not 3 scum)

Shaereye - I lived to see today

Archetype - He is one of my two TOP suspicions for today he is only in second place though because he did Vote for Frisk when the wagon was gaining momentum and I don't think scum would do that to their scumbuddy if there was any chance the wagon might succeed if they were going to be offline at lynch time.

Eevee - #1 suspicion. He stayed away from the frisk wagon while agreeing with me and helping the Jo wagon gain steam (and I now believe Jo to be town, sorry about yeterday). And he offered up a THIRD wagon for CF to have as a potential out. He also wasn't around at deadline.

Shaereye was my number one suspicion but I realized that if he was scum I was probably just dead so there was no point in copping him. So it came down to SFS/Eevee/Archetype. Eevee had sort of been supportive of me, and archetype had voted for frisk so I chose SFS.

When I got the passanger result back I reread Eevee and Archetype on reread Archetype had voted for Frisk at a point early enough he could be scum but its a pretty big mistake if he is scum. Eevee however had stayed away from the Frisk wagon, created an alternative wagon.

Vote: Eevee I had not intended to vote during this post but there is no reason not to as there is 0 chance of a scum quick hammer.

TL:DR: I am the android cop, I think all cops should claim (even the quack who is sort of an IC), scum CANNOT fake claim or counterclaim because they lose today or tomorrow if they do. SFS I confirm as town
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: ZM2: Mafia in Space! - Day 2 - PM for Spec QT
« Reply #407 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:00 pm »

Insom, Archetype was the quack cop and he's dead.

I caught your bread crumb, that's why I refused to vote for you. I'm 99% sure shraeye caught it too.

Scum more or less has to be Eevee I agree.

But there is one possibility that would be game-changing. I'll wait to hear from everyone.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 18, 2012, 11:00:17 pm »

Before addressing anything else: Ins, we only have two cops left, Archetype was the quack cop.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 18, 2012, 11:03:49 pm »

Should we mass claim even with only two cops in the game?

Oh and Ins, I absolutely did not drive the Jot - wagon, I expressed unwillingness to vote for him over and over again. I'm sorry for not being around for the deadline, I had trouble falling asleep (one could say I was Insomniac :) ), and woke up two hours too late.

Jot, why do you think it has to be me?

I mean, I will try to figure out who the last mafia is and we will be in good enough shape even if we end up mislynching me. Just give me the case and I'll respond, so you'll have more useful stuff after my flip. Ins and SfS are innocent childs obviously, unless counter claims emerge.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 18, 2012, 11:07:16 pm »

Yup, hence shraeye>insom.  I was looking at interactions with frisk from yesterday and am fairly sure SFS and Robz are towny.  I had archetype down as a ? because he just didn't interact that much.  It's good to know that he wasn't one of the useful cops at least.  My suspect list is eevee, ashersky and jotheonah.  And they go in this order from scummy to not scummy

eevee: scummiest
ashersky:scummier
joth:lightly scummy

I'll be posting more in the morning, but I'm too tired right now.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 18, 2012, 11:09:25 pm »

We have 7 alive, unless we are really unlucky and SfS is the last cop, we have 3 innocent childs (Ins, SfS and the last cop). I know I'm town, so the mafia has to be one of the three guys left. I'll wait for the claims, and then start re-reading to form an opinion. I don't mind getting lynched if the evidence points to me, we'll still be in very good shape going into tomorrow with 4 townies (at least some of them innocent childs) and 1 mafia.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 18, 2012, 11:12:34 pm »

If i were the other cop, i'd hold off claming for right now.

Also others should hold off too, so that we don't expose 2nd cop by elimination.  we have 24 hours.  lets use them, and make a foolproof play.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 18, 2012, 11:12:45 pm »

Also, can I get a hell yeah for the first f.ds Day 1 scum lynch ever?

Eevee, PoE seems to point to you. Frisk's lynch was so close that scum wouldn't bus. So as far as I'm concerned his whole wagon, and anyone who was online and could have saved him by voting me, is clear. That's me, Robz, ashersky. Archetype is dead. Insom is a cop. SFS is cop-cleared.

That leaves you and shraeye.  Shraeye caught Insom's breadcrumb like I did. I think that if scum caught insom's breadcrumb, they would have pushed to lynch him rather than protect him like shraeye did. I COULD be wrong on that.

Anyway, it's got to be you or shraeye, and there's nothing really that clears you.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 18, 2012, 11:13:27 pm »

Insom, Archetype was the quack cop and he's dead.

I caught your bread crumb, that's why I refused to vote for you. I'm 99% sure shraeye caught it too.

Scum more or less has to be Eevee I agree.

But there is one possibility that would be game-changing. I'll wait to hear from everyone.
I'm pretty sure I'm right there next to you in your head, dude.  It's scary hearing my thoughts from somebody else.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 18, 2012, 11:15:04 pm »

If i were the other cop, i'd hold off claming for right now.

Also others should hold off too, so that we don't expose 2nd cop by elimination.  we have 24 hours.  lets use them, and make a foolproof play.
Why do you think that? We are going to have so many innocent childs, scum cant possible kill everyone anyways. And we have no doctor either, so improving his odds to save one of them isn't going to happen.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 18, 2012, 11:16:25 pm »

Guys, with what's come out, I'll point at Shraeye as our most likely suspect.  Here's my thought process over the last several hours.

Town reads (Robz, Arch, me):  Robz, because it would have been an amazing gambit for him to wait for the random lynch idea to come up, force his scumbuddy Frisk into that spot with a split-second post to get the 3 at the end, then not unvote at the end.  He was there at deadline, waivered, then didn't saved Frisk, when he could have lynched joth with no one knowing Frisk's mafia-ness.  Just can't see it.  Archetype was a town read for basically not being around but planting his vote on Frisk and not ever coming back to take it off.  And he's confirmed town now.  And me, of course.

Frisk partner possibles:  Insom, Shraeye, joth.

On joth:  I thought one of two things happened--Frisk and joth planned to duke it out, with Frisk painting it as a town vs. town thing so that they could clear themselves.  What makes me think that's at least a bit unlikely was the joth desperate post near the deadline (which I noted to him) and Frisk's question to the mod on who was actually in line to be lynched.  If they planned it together, I don't see them needing to do either of those things.

So if the Joth thing didn't happen, which at this point I don't think could have, I have to believe that Frisk's partner was on the joth wagon, trying to save him by pressing it.  To me, that was Insom and Shraeye.  Insom especially, with the repeated quoting (with bold, then large type).  Now that he's claimed robot, and pointed to his own breadcrumbs, I move to Shraeye.   I don't feel like he has anything in his corner to help himself out.

On Eevee--I think it's wrong to assume it was him, although scum Eevee would be fun to catch.  I checked and he wasn't on at the deadline (sleeping, if I recall his sign off post).  Now, I believe a scum-Eevee would have done something more to help his deadline.

So that leaves me with Shraeye as my #1 suspect, for pushing the joth wagon pretty hard, and just by checking out possible partners.  As insom mentioned, I could have saved Frisk, but didn't.

In fact, I feel comfortable with Vote: Shraeye.

I didn't discuss SFS, who I don't think is cleared by insom, by the way.  Passenger does not equal town, does it?  I thought that only meant someone who was already on the ship instead of an alien, which Frisk has shown us weren't on board anyway.  Can we get a mod confirm on that, if allowed?
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 18, 2012, 11:17:49 pm »

Also, can I get a hell yeah for the first f.ds Day 1 scum lynch ever?

Eevee, PoE seems to point to you. Frisk's lynch was so close that scum wouldn't bus. So as far as I'm concerned his whole wagon, and anyone who was online and could have saved him by voting me, is clear. That's me, Robz, ashersky. Archetype is dead. Insom is a cop. SFS is cop-cleared.

That leaves you and shraeye.  Shraeye caught Insom's breadcrumb like I did. I think that if scum caught insom's breadcrumb, they would have pushed to lynch him rather than protect him like shraeye did. I COULD be wrong on that.

Anyway, it's got to be you or shraeye, and there's nothing really that clears you.

I could see scum ashersky not voting for joth and bussing frisk.  That is mostly because that would have made the two new votes on joth both scum (in this hypothecital asher/frisk pair) and essentially have been a mafia-quickhammer-type vote in my eyes.  Maybe asher weighed his options to go alone as scum while gaining town cred, or act suuuper scummy together.

I want to reread the thread three times each with eyes for one of those three pairs I suspect are possible: eevee, asher, joth

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 18, 2012, 11:19:44 pm »

HELL YEAH! And about that random lynch jot..?  ;)

Okay, I see the case against me is compelling. So compelling in fact, if I was mafia here I would just selfvote and stop wasting everyone's time. I'm not however, so I feel the thing to do for me here is to bite the bullet for town but first give my insight to help you guys tomorrow. If you mislynch tomorrow, you'll still have the 2 townies 1 mafia situation day 4, so this actually does look really good for town, especially with all these cops we have alive.

PPE: 2 new replies, someone seems to be voting for shraeye. I'll post this first and then catch up.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 18, 2012, 11:20:09 pm »

I didn't discuss SFS, who I don't think is cleared by insom, by the way.  Passenger does not equal town, does it?  I thought that only meant someone who was already on the ship instead of an alien, which Frisk has shown us weren't on board anyway.  Can we get a mod confirm on that, if allowed?

Nevermind, I re-read the first post.  Vanilla = passenger.  So yes, SFS is cleared.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 18, 2012, 11:22:26 pm »

Guys, with what's come out, I'll point at Shraeye as our most likely suspect.  Here's my thought process over the last several hours.

Town reads (Robz, Arch, me):  Robz, because it would have been an amazing gambit for him to wait for the random lynch idea to come up, force his scumbuddy Frisk into that spot with a split-second post to get the 3 at the end, then not unvote at the end.  He was there at deadline, waivered, then didn't saved Frisk, when he could have lynched joth with no one knowing Frisk's mafia-ness.  Just can't see it.  Archetype was a town read for basically not being around but planting his vote on Frisk and not ever coming back to take it off.  And he's confirmed town now.  And me, of course.

Frisk partner possibles:  Insom, Shraeye, joth.

On joth:  I thought one of two things happened--Frisk and joth planned to duke it out, with Frisk painting it as a town vs. town thing so that they could clear themselves.  What makes me think that's at least a bit unlikely was the joth desperate post near the deadline (which I noted to him) and Frisk's question to the mod on who was actually in line to be lynched.  If they planned it together, I don't see them needing to do either of those things.

So if the Joth thing didn't happen, which at this point I don't think could have, I have to believe that Frisk's partner was on the joth wagon, trying to save him by pressing it.  To me, that was Insom and Shraeye.  Insom especially, with the repeated quoting (with bold, then large type).  Now that he's claimed robot, and pointed to his own breadcrumbs, I move to Shraeye.   I don't feel like he has anything in his corner to help himself out.

On Eevee--I think it's wrong to assume it was him, although scum Eevee would be fun to catch.  I checked and he wasn't on at the deadline (sleeping, if I recall his sign off post).  Now, I believe a scum-Eevee would have done something more to help his deadline.

So that leaves me with Shraeye as my #1 suspect, for pushing the joth wagon pretty hard, and just by checking out possible partners.  As insom mentioned, I could have saved Frisk, but didn't.

In fact, I feel comfortable with Vote: Shraeye.

I'm still holding off all voting until I've had a chance to do a fresh reread.  here's something that doesn't make sense.  How does Robz manipulate the second counter on voltaire's post?  I don't suspect Robz but I also hate seeing shoddy arguments.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: September 18, 2012, 11:23:34 pm »

I'm still holding off all voting until I've had a chance to do a fresh reread.  here's something that doesn't make sense.  How does Robz manipulate the second counter on voltaire's post?  I don't suspect Robz but I also hate seeing shoddy arguments.

That's what I mean, there's no way he could pull that off, right?  Hence me seeing it as extremely unlikely Robz/Frisk planned that escapade.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: September 18, 2012, 11:25:30 pm »

Okay, so while objectively I would like Insomniac's case against me more, with the extra information of my towniness I like what ashersky is presenting us.

One huge problem though. If shraeye knew Insomniac was the cop, why would he let him live? As a gambit to become obvtown, trusting he won't investigate him because he basically told Ins he knows yesterday already?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: September 18, 2012, 11:26:12 pm »

In short, yeah.  I mean, he admitted that it's blitz mafia, the choice time to try out crazy ideas and gambits.  So play the "there's NO WAAAY i could be mafia and act this blatently" card actually feels like a serious possibility for joth.

Interesting.  That's actually pretty compelling.

Just posting this for perspective.  As Shraeye mentioned, re-reading with an eye toward pairs.  Man, this looks terrible post-Frisk-flip.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: September 18, 2012, 11:26:32 pm »

Holy moly, the detective might also have an investigation result for us!

I really he think we should mass claim, shraeye seems to disagree. Others?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.