Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26  All

Author Topic: ZM2: Mafia in Space! - TOWN WINS (first f.ds D1 scum lynch)  (Read 63843 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
ZM2: Mafia in Space! - TOWN WINS (first f.ds D1 scum lynch)
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:25:38 pm »

Welcome to Blitz Mafia II: Mafia in Space!

Everything was going well for the interstellar ship Prosperity. After three months in deep space, arrival at the colony planet of Colony (never let bookkeepers name anything) was just three weeks away. But the captain, eager to arrive ahead of schedule and earn a promotion, has taken the ship on a dangerous shortcut through an unexplored asteroid belt. The only danger is the asteroids themselves, the captain insists - there certainly aren't any shapeshifting aliens lying in wait! The crew exchange looks. Perhaps they should be in charge - or perhaps the real danger isn't human at all...

This game will start on Monday, 9/17 at noon forum time if 9 players have signed up by 6:30 PM forum time on 9/14. (This is to account for my V/LA this weekend). Otherwise, the game will start any time after Monday when we have 9 players.

It has 24 hour day deadlines and 12 hour night deadlines because of the vastly different time zones.

Players Signed Up:
1. Robz888 - mutineer - lynched Day 3
2. jotheonah - passenger
3. Captain_Frisk - mutineer - lynched Day 1
4. Archetype - xenobiologist - killed Night 1
5. Insomniac - android
6. ashersky - detective - killed Night 2
7. SwitchedFromStarcraft - passenger
8. Eevee - passenger
9. shraeye - passenger - lynched Day 2

Vote Counts
Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Blitz Mafia Ruleset Changes in RED BECAUSE RED GOES FASTER

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
1. You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.  Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.
3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline (generally 12 HOUR DEADLINES from Night start).  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.  In case of multiple submissions, the last valid one before the deadline will be used.
4. Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
5. Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
1. Whomever has the most votes currently on them at lynch deadline is lynched
  • In the case of a tie, the first person to reach the highest total is lynched
2. Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.  Further votes will also be ignored.
3. Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; all players including the one who was lynched may continue to post during twilight.
4. Please submit votes as: Vote: PlayerName.  Votes will NOT be counted if they are not bold or do not follow this syntax!  Obvious abbreviations or nicknames will be counted so long as they are unambiguous.
5. Please submit vote revocations as either Unvote: PlayerName or Unvote. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
6. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a lynch.
7. This game will have 24 HOUR deadlines.  If a player or No Lynch does not have a simple majority at deadline, the player with most votes currently on them will be lynched, and the game will go into night.
8. Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post. This means that you do not even get a “Bah” post. The dead in this game are silent.
9. Do not edit or delete posts.  We don't want some players having more information than others.  If you want to clarify posts, feel free to double post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod.  No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.
2. If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
3. The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently.  Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
4. Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
5. Prods of missing players will be issued automatically after 72 hours of no activity or upon request after 48 hours of no activity.  A prodded player has 48 hours to respond or risks replacement.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to replacement without further notice. - Rule Cut
6. Rule violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.
7. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread.  Treat this game as a commitment.  Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.[/s] - RULE CUT

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun! Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

Helpful Links:

Game Setup
Game Setup information:

The setup used for this game is a variation on Carbon-14, expanded to 9 players. The central twist is that the ship (town) has two Cops, each of which can only investigate one scum faction. The ship does not know which scum faction is in the game (and therefore, which Cop is useful). The ship also has a Flavor Cop who returns VT/not VT. Everything is flavored something wonderful.

ROLES (tentative - see discussion in thread)
  • 2 mutineers (scum, mafia goon) OR 2 aliens (scum, mafia goon)
  • 1 Xenobiologist (ship, alien cop)
  • 1 Detective (ship, mutineer cop)
  • 1 Android (ship, flavor cop)
  • 4 Passengers (ship, vanilla)

Here are all the role PMs that are in the game (remember, only 1 scum faction will actually show up):

-----------------------------------------

Mutineer
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are a Mutineer, along with your partner, [Player Name].

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill.
Win condition: You win when all members of the ship have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Alien
Welcome, [Player Name]. You are an Alien, along with your partner, [Player Name].

Factional communication: During the night phase you may talk with your partner here [QuickTopic link].
Factional kill: Each night phase, one of you or your partner may perform the factional kill.
Win condition: You win when all members of the ship have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from occurring.

Passenger
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Passenger.

Your weapon is your vote, you have no night actions.
Win condition: You win when all threats to the ship have been eliminated.

Xenobiologist
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Xenobiologist.

Abilities: Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Alien/Not Alien.

Detective
Welcome, [Player Name], you are a Detective.

Abilities: Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Mutineer/Not Mutineer.

Android
Welcome, [Player Name], you are an Android.

Abilities: Each night phase, you may investigate one player in the game by PM'ing the mod. You will get results back in the form of Passenger/Not Passenger.

TO CLARIFY, I AM NOT A MODERATOR OF F.DS IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM.  IN THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME, I AM MODERATING THAT THE RULES ARE FOLLOWED AND HIDDEN ACTIONS ARE COMPLETED PROPERLY.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 02:58:34 pm by Voltaire »

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: ZM2: Mafia in Space! SIGN-UPS OPEN
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 05:28:12 pm »

In.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 05:29:37 pm »

In.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 05:33:09 pm »

In.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 05:35:18 pm »

PLEASE NOTE: I originally misstated the number of scum and VTs. The correct numbers are 3 of each. Original post updated.

Jorbles

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:34 pm »

PLEASE NOTE: I originally misstated the number of scum and VTs. The correct numbers are 3 of each. Original post updated.
3 scum seems to really favour scum especially with no jk or doctor. That's one mislynch and you're in lylo.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 05:40:22 pm »

3 scum seems to really favour scum especially with no jk or doctor. That's one mislynch and you're in lylo.
I asked for help from 2 experienced players. If those playing have a problem with the balance, I will gladly go back into consultation mode and adjust before the game starts.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:30 pm »

In

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 05:41:36 pm »

/in
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 05:42:39 pm »

3 Is far too many scum for 9 players though
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 05:42:58 pm »

think about it; 1 mislynch and the town is at Lynch or Lose.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 05:44:44 pm »

3 Is far too many scum for 9 players though
Even with 3 cops? It basically makes the game all about D2. It is blitz mafia...

...but once we have a full ship, I'll ask whether players prefer 2 or 3 mafia. Moderator decision will be final, but I'll listen to your input.  :)

Many thanks to those already signed up, should be a fast and fun first-time mod experience for me, and a fast and fun game for everyone.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 05:45:14 pm »

It's not 3 cops, one is completely useless.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 05:45:57 pm »

Correct. Apologies. That's what I get for rapid posting.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 05:52:41 pm »

Scum slip. Vote: Voltaire ;)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2012, 05:53:57 pm »

/not in, but posting so I can stay updated. I would also like the quicktopic

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2012, 05:55:12 pm »

/in for sure
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2012, 05:55:23 pm »

Scum slip. Vote: Voltaire ;)
More like modslip!

Everyone's comments here have been very helpful and pointed out a very basic issue with the setup that I did not originally see. I've already learned a lot about moderating - in 30 minutes! I am standing by my original word and will not officially change the setup until signups are full and I hear from the players, but it seems clear we'll turn 1 mafia into a VT. Thanks to all!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 05:55:27 pm »

/not in, but posting so I can stay updated. I would also like the quicktopic

Same. I want to watch this one, and with two games coming out of night and one starting, the next week could be busy.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 05:57:05 pm »

Make sure you put SFS on the list of /in's though, or he may miss signups. He was one of the most vocal about wanting to get into another right away.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2012, 05:57:35 pm »

Make sure you put SFS on the list of /in's though, or he may miss signups. He was one of the most vocal about wanting to get into another right away.
Good point, thanks!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2012, 05:58:54 pm »

crazy how fast this game is filling up while it took a couple of attempts to fill up Insomniac's...

I think everyone was a little apprehensive about it the first game. (I was)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2012, 05:59:18 pm »

Also not in but I do want to point out that switching one alien/mutineer to VT doesn't make the android overpowered or anything since it can get a false negative by investigating the other investigators.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2012, 06:00:41 pm »

Eevee has been added as he expressed interest in the Queue thread. Eevee, please post here to confirm that you want in.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2012, 06:01:15 pm »

I feel very embarrassed that I was (1) one of the players consulted and (2) didn't see the one-mislynch-LyLo problem.  That's what I get for thinking about larger games more often than smaller games.  Blargh.  My deepest apologies, Voltaire.

My schedule isn't well-suited to participate in Blitz Mafia I'm afraid, but I'll be watching this with great interest.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 26  All

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 19 queries.