Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: seeing new entrants to the lobby  (Read 2482 times)

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
seeing new entrants to the lobby
« on: August 12, 2011, 06:13:52 pm »

In my experience on isotropic, the only way to reliably find high-level games (say over level 25) is to propose to people of the appropriate level right as they enter the lobby. Proposing to random names on the list inevitably leads to much wasted time and frustration, because most people in the lobby at any given time are idling. But now the interface no longer appends new names to the end of the list, so it's quite difficult to watch for people entering the lobby.

I've taken to using auto-match, but this doesn't help me find high-level opponents. I'd very much like to have some way to easily identify people who have just entered the lobby.

krawhitham

• Baron
  • Respect: +3
    • View Profile
Re: seeing new entrants to the lobby
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 09:48:54 pm »

Use your status and the chat box to find the players you want. You might not be able to see them enter but at least they will be able to see you.

guided

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 11:16:05 pm »

Use your status and the chat box to find the players you want. You might not be able to see them enter but at least they will be able to see you.
This doesn't actually work for quickly finding high-level opponents. Believe me, I've tried.

yotarou

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 11:37:56 pm »

I strongly agree with guided. I want to play some particular level players, I know some of them always decline play with me ::), and some of them look away from keyboard at that time.
I liked old lobby which entering players were added to the end of the list. I could find opponent there easily.
In other words, why did lobby's behavior change? Some good reason? ;)

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 04:33:04 am »

I assume the lobby changed so that the list didn't keep jumping around causing me to mis-click the check-box of my intended opponent and then become unable to uncheck the one that I checked because it keeps jumping around/gets greyed out etc. etc. That was the most frustrating Isotropic problem I've ever experienced, and it happened all the time. Now I use automatch so it doesn't really matter. Maybe there can be a compromise between the two lobby behaviours?

guided

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 09:24:04 am »

Yeah, TINAS, other than being unable to easily see new people entering the lobby, the recent changes are a huge improvement. Jumping screen was awful.

One idea: put new names in bold for 10-15 seconds.

guided

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 09:21:03 am »

Doug, I have no idea whether you ever saw this thread, but anyway thanks for the new lobby system! It should definitely help.

danw132

• Pearl Diver
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 09:21:32 am »

I add my thanks as well! This will be awesome.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.