Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Am I in the correct place?  (Read 4075 times)

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
Am I in the correct place?
« on: September 12, 2012, 09:40:03 am »

I got into the beta yesterday. But when I go there, it's totally empty of players.

When I go to the feedback forums, there is just one forum there ("Board Games") and I can't access it. Yes, I have registered on the forums. Is this the correct URL?: http://funsockets.ipbhost.com/

Is this the right URL for the game site?: http://beta.goko.com/games/

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +1263
    • View Profile
Re: Am I in the correct place?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 09:49:56 am »

Yes to both.

They need to approve your request to get access to the ipbhost forums.  As for no players - I can't speak for others - but for me - while it's definitely improving, I find that when I play it with certain board configurations (generally large engines), I find myself more interested in doing something else afterward.

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Fabian

• 2012 Swedish Champion
  • Respect: +542
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:53:28 am »

Yes to both.

They need to approve your request to get access to the ipbhost forums.  As for no players - I can't speak for others - but for me - while it's definitely improving, I find that when I play it with certain board configurations (generally large engines), I find myself more interested in doing something else during.

Too easy.

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 10:15:03 am »

Okay, thanks! Strange that I need to be approved yet again. It's where I'm told to post bug reports, and they approved me as a beta tester, so...

jsh357

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jsh357
  • Respect: +4340
    • View Profile
    • JSH Gaming: Original games
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 10:22:53 am »

There are usually very few players on the beta.  Some of them may be in Adventure mode, but I suspect fewer people are testing now.
Join the Dominion community Discord channel! Chat in text and voice; enter dumb tournaments; spy on top players!

https://discord.gg/2rDpJ4N

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 11:23:04 am »
+3

I usually play Single Player, for two reasons:

1) The AI takes their turn quicker than humans (particularly distracted humans) and doesn't yell at me if I take too long myself.

2) No one's ever in the multiplayer room anyway, mainly because no one's ever in the multiplayer room.  Vicious cycle and all that.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Kirian

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Kirian
  • An Unbalanced Equation
  • Respect: +9413
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2012, 12:54:09 pm »

Yeah.  Multiplayer testing is hard to do unless you set up a meeting time beforehand.
Kirian's Law of f.DS jokes:  Any sufficiently unexplained joke is indistinguishable from serious conversation.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2012, 01:27:49 pm »

I do a little bit of beta testing each day, and than I play on iso.

Jive Junkie

• Spy
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 05:18:30 pm »

I do a little bit of beta testing each day, and than I play on iso.

That's... not an encouraging sign.

If the rooms are really so devoid of people, shouldn't they open up the testing to more people? I still haven't heard back from them.

jonts26

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jonts
  • Respect: +3671
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 05:21:12 pm »
+4

I think the issue for a lot of testers now is we've given then a ton of feedback and bugs and whatnot. And I think they're getting to a lot of these issues, but rather slowly. So until all the current issues get fixed, well there's little incentive to play and find more things to report.

Jive Junkie

• Spy
  • Respect: +58
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 05:38:13 pm »

I think the issue for a lot of testers now is we've given then a ton of feedback and bugs and whatnot. And I think they're getting to a lot of these issues, but rather slowly. So until all the current issues get fixed, well there's little incentive to play and find more things to report.

Makes sense, thanks for the update. I guess that means we get to keep Isotropic around for a while yet :)

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
  • Respect: +2466
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 08:07:25 pm »

That's pretty much the case for me. I don't feel there is much more feedback I can offer at this point until they make more changes, and as you said, it takes them a while before we see any significant changes, although things are getting better. I much prefer playing on iso against real opponents rather than bots all the time.

chwhite

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +442
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2012, 09:41:12 am »

So, playing on Goko has taught me that all the people clamoring for an offline mode have a point.

My internet connection(s) are often somewhat mediocre, and will drop for a minute from time to time.  On iso, I can usually reconnect with a bit of a lag (and some annoyance on the part of my opponents, sorry about that!).  On Goko, I just get kicked off automatically.  So I'm leery of starting games with other people for that reason, and would even have an easier time against the bots with offline functionality.
To discard or not to discard?  That is the question.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.