Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Combo: Graverobber/Pillage  (Read 3160 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9630
    • View Profile
Combo: Graverobber/Pillage
« on: September 10, 2012, 12:18:46 pm »
+1

So I played a game with this over the weekend (though I didn't win), but I feel that if worked better, it could be very viable.

It's pretty simple.  You play Pillage, it gets trashed, you scoop it up with Graverobber, and put it back on top of your deck to use next turn.  Rinse and repeat.  Even better if you got Graverobber when someone else went for Pillage - you never even had to pay for your Pillage!

Would definitely be boosted by Schemes, to make sure that Graverobber is always there.
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

Insomniac

• Jester
  • Respect: +392
    • View Profile
Re: Combo: Graverobber/Pillage
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 12:54:15 pm »

you probably want a village too so you can play both the cards, is walled village the ideal village here because you can top it?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 03:30:11 pm »

So I played a game with this over the weekend (though I didn't win), but I feel that if worked better, it could be very viable.

It's pretty simple.  You play Pillage, it gets trashed, you scoop it up with Graverobber, and put it back on top of your deck to use next turn.  Rinse and repeat.  Even better if you got Graverobber when someone else went for Pillage - you never even had to pay for your Pillage!

Would definitely be boosted by Schemes, to make sure that Graverobber is always there.

Indeed, I'm pretty sure Graverobber and Pillage are put together in one of the recommended Dark Ages sets for this very reason. Removing the one-shot penalty from Pillage is a huge boost. My biggest concern about how viable this is, though... Graverobber is doing nothing for you here other than getting you another play of the Pillage next turn. At least with Rogue you get +2 money to go with it.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Jorbles

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +532
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 06:15:21 pm »

This can work, but its actually quite vulnerable to itself. Opponents with Graverobbers can scoop up the Pillage before you do if you don't play them the same hand and a Pillage can knock one of the cards out of your hand and prevent you from getting the combo off.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.