Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Buying  (Read 2889 times)

peri

• Pawn
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
Buying
« on: August 11, 2011, 06:23:32 am »

Hi, i play dominion for one year but I think i play wrong in buy phase... my question is... when i have 2 buys and 6 coins....  my 1st buy is a gold..... can I use this gold to buy a silver in 2nd buy?

DStu

• Margrave
  • Respect: +1490
    • View Profile
Re: Buying
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 06:28:13 am »

No. Everything* you buy goes to your discard, so it can't be used this turn.

*Unless you play Royal Seal or something similar, when it might go to your drawpile.

peri

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 06:31:04 am »

Oh...ok...I understand...Tks!!! i have another question.... sorry...bother you... I have two actions...in first action i use workshop....and gain a card if i chose a action card...can i play that action card in the 2nd action? or if i choose a treasure card can i play that treasure in buy phase? 

Thisisnotasmile

• Saboteur
  • Respect: +676
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 06:38:40 am »

Nope. When you gain a card it goes into your discard pile unless you have a card in play (or reaction card in hand) that says it can go to any other place (such as your hand, or on top of your deck).

peri

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 06:41:17 am »

many Thanks from Portugal! =P

guided

• Jester
  • Respect: +94
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 08:19:10 am »

I would strongly encourage you to carefully read the rulebooks and follow the mechanics laid out there precisely. Unless the Portuguese translation is extremely bad, these questions would never come to mind if you were following the most basic mechanics of the game.

-Most obviously, when you gain a card (and buying is one way to gain a card), it goes immediately onto your discard pile unless some card specifically tells you to put it elsewhere.

-You play treasures at the beginning of your buy phase, and they only do something when you play them. (Like Gold gives you +$3 when you play it.)

-Once you buy a card during your buy phase, you cannot play any more treasures. (This is a more subtle point that never mattered until Prosperity was released.)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 08:21:31 am by guided »

Davio

• 2012 Dutch Champion
  • Respect: +3412
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 07:29:03 am »

Well, talking about bad translations:

The Dutch version of King's Court is similar to throne room, translated back it is: Choose an action card from your hand and play it 3 times. If I recall correctly the all important "You may" part has fallen off. Will check back tonight, because I lent the game to my parents.

Edit: So I checked and the truth is more horrible than I thought. Not only is the translation as I thought it was, even the FAQ explains that you have to choose a card and play it 3 times. Nowhere in there it is mentioned that this is optional.

Also "Forge" has been translated as "Vervalsen" which means "Forgery", while I always thought the Forge card and image suggested something like a Smithy.

"Tribute" has the "and discards" portion removed, it's only mentioned in the rulebook, not on the card, which may be confusing.

The Dutch version has a lot more awkward translations proving that the translators have never played the game or looked at the art, they just ran it through the machine and took what it spit out.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 01:54:55 pm by Davio »

BSG: Cagprezimal Adama
Mage Knight: Arythea
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.