Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Team-based Dominion?  (Read 1589 times)

PenPen

• Thief
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
Team-based Dominion?
« on: September 04, 2012, 09:34:31 am »

An idea flashed in my head. Is it possible to play Dominion as a team game?

It can work like bridge where paired players are seated facing each other and the team that gets the most VP would win.

There would be the problem of team synergy because in Dominion there's not many cards that would give benefits to another person. Attack cards will need to be redefined...we can make the "each other players" part as "players in opposing teams" as a workaround. Generally I think this would work decently.

Perhaps for buys or gains, you can use your turn to buy/gain cards for your teammate, but I'd imagine this would create a special deck that only focuses on doing BM or simply a thinned-out deck where it'll buy an automatic Province for the team each turn (and buying for your teammate so your deck wouldn't be any thicker), while the teammate can probably stack up on other things (and weird things like one player only having money and another one full of action and victory cards).

There would be differing strategies and new dynamics on a team-based game. But rules need to be fleshed out...thoughts?

Qvist

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: Qvist
  • Respect: +4085
    • View Profile

PenPen

• Thief
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
Re: Team-based Dominion?
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 10:49:17 am »

Oh damn, should've used the search function more.

Mods: Can help move this to the variants forum? Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 10:52:10 am by PenPen »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 1.552 seconds with 21 queries.