Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Need confirmation about Embargo + IGG  (Read 11372 times)

AJD

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJD
  • Respect: +4443
    • View Profile
Re: Need confirmation about Embargo + IGG
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 01:41:03 am »

Upgrade, Harvest, Watchtower, and Horn of Plenty in hand. You don't trash the incoming Curse because you want to play Upgrade to get it into play for HoP but have nothing else to trash. You keep the Copper because you've trashed the rest of your Copper, so by putting it on your deck (below the Curse), you help the Harvest get more money.

How do you get the Copper below the Curse?

You can't; but the question here 'if you could, why would you want to?'

Jeebus

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: jeebus
  • Respect: +1642
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2012, 07:44:55 pm »

After reading Donald's posts in this thread: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4535.new it seems that what I've been saying here isn't correct. Since pseudo-Embargo resolves when you gain the card and IGG also resolves when you gain the card, you get to order them.

I buy an Embargoed Noble Brigand: I get to decide if I gain a Curse or attack the other players first. But of course the other players resolve Noble Brigand's attack in turn order.

Though in the case of "I trash an Urchin, you reveal a Secret Chamber", I have to do Urchin first.

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2012, 09:15:57 am »
+2

"When two things happen to a player at the same time, that player picks the order to do them."

The only examples I can think of when this happens to a not-current player, is Reaction cards. You can choose which order to resolve your Reaction cards when another player plays an Attack for instance. Can anyone think of other examples?

Actually I can answer my own question here.

Another player plays Saboteur and hits your Cultist, which you are now forced to trash. You have Market Square in your hand. Cultist says "When you trash this, +3 Cards" and Market Square says "When one of your cards is trashed, you may discard this from your hand. If you do, gain a Gold" so you choose which one to resolve first. Lets say there are less than three cards left in your deck after trashing the Cultist. This means there will be a reshuffle when you draw the 3 cards. So if you reveal Market Square before drawing the cards, the Gold will be shuffled in (along with the Market Square itself).

As a side note, the cards costing less than $3 that were set aside by the Saboteur before hitting Cultist, won't be shuffled in, and neither will the card you can gain from the Saboteur attack (costing $2 less than the Cultist). You are reshuffling in the middle of resolving the Saboteur attack. You choose what card to gain after you draw your 3 cards.

Dulkal

• Ambassador
  • Respect: +11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2012, 04:53:22 am »
+3

Another player plays Saboteur and hits your Cultist, which you are now forced to trash. You have Market Square in your hand. Cultist says "When you trash this, +3 Cards" and Market Square says "When one of your cards is trashed, you may discard this from your hand. If you do, gain a Gold" so you choose which one to resolve first. Lets say there are less than three cards left in your deck after trashing the Cultist. This means there will be a reshuffle when you draw the 3 cards. So if you reveal Market Square before drawing the cards, the Gold will be shuffled in (along with the Market Square itself).

Which also means that the Cultist-trashing draw can cause you to draw a market square, which can be revealed in response to the cultist trashing.

Or did I miss something?

GendoIkari

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +10765
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2012, 01:12:35 pm »

Which also means that the Cultist-trashing draw can cause you to draw a market square, which can be revealed in response to the cultist trashing.

Or did I miss something?

That sounds right to me. Both Market Square and Cultist trigger as soon as Cultist is trashed. You can choose to resolve the +3 cards before resolving the discard a Market Square, which also means that you can discard a newly-drawn Market Square.
Check out my F.DS extension for Chrome! Card links; Dominion icons, and maybe more! http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=13363.0

Thread for Firefox version:
http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=16305.0

Jeebus

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2012, 04:21:16 am »
+1

That sounds right to me. Both Market Square and Cultist trigger as soon as Cultist is trashed. You can choose to resolve the +3 cards before resolving the discard a Market Square, which also means that you can discard a newly-drawn Market Square.

This actually means you can discard Market Square for a Gold, shuffle both into your deck (assuming you had less than three cards left in deck), draw the same Market Square and discard it again for another Gold. Heheh!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.